Instead of Dungeon Totems and Premade Mob Groups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rook Strife, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

No fight o_Obut you do the math, you lost one yet are adding 10 projects,

I made a nice post that looks to be the direction this is going, Looking forward to it, just hope we can see threw to the completion of a lot of the things out there in Limbo.

Actually see this move as a good idea, as long as made to work and not be "worked" by players, I think you all know what I mean.

It is actually an interesting change in direction.

Just ensure there is a guy left to work on what is till being worked on ;)

BTW it appears I fight with everyone :oops:

majoria70 and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  2. Curt

Curt Avatar

I would picture a special kind of container with two types 'all' and 'one'
    that can be nested.

All would be a container where everything in it would be used to generate the monsters

All (kobold, kobold, kobold, spider) would give 3 kobolds and 1 spider

One would select one randomly from the list

One(kobold, kobold, kobold, spider) would give 75% chance for 1 kobold and 25% for a spider.

All( one(kobold, spider) , one (ghost, snake) ) can you figure out what it would give?

Would also like if traps somehow could be placed like that to.

one( kobold, spider, trap)

Rook Strife likes this.
  3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I loved Chris' casual reference to needing new tech anyway for quest npcs for the new quest system....

majoria70 likes this.
  4. BlackKoda

BlackKoda Avatar

All this is very intresting, I'm very in favor of individual monster spawn locations so you can put some monster in a hall way of your choice. Meaning that you pick the monster and put it's spawn in the place of your choice. Example: a skeleton roaming a hall way ect...

Xee likes this.
  5. Floors

Floors Avatar

When are we getting Dungeon Totems anyone know ?

6. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Just wish they would of started at the low end. I cannot do The Fall and with the drop rate i am positive i would never get the totem stuff from there. Make the totem drops a tad bit easier to attain. I mean its a stick with components in it...LOL Just kidding on the stick part. But there are many folk who will not be able to get the lich totem due to the fact they wont/cant manage the survival of The Fall. Yeah yeah...I know. Yes i am not fond of pvp so why put that vital part of the dungeon building in a pvp zone. Makes no sense. There are other Lich areas. So much store put into player made dungeons and yet they still hold that carrot out there that most folks cant get

Cirsee and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I thought it was fine to finally give the pvp people a bone, and they can go get the dungeon piece (and maybe sell it). As well as possibly encourage other people to try it as well.

In time, I’m sure they will be in other locations.

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am with you on this. Maybe by next year my dungeon will have a totem that I can get myself.

Belladonna Rose likes this.
  9. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

they said they were going to put more totem build stuff in periodically through patches....not just releases. But wow...start at the top and work your way down. Kinda crazy. I guess they wanted to test the system with the top end stuff as opposed to millions of low end ones. Guess we wait and see. LOL

10. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

I just read a book on my Kindle, title "Dungeon Deposed", which has some interesting ideas how to create a custom dungeon with a very individual, custom spawn system.
    So much different from the assumed boring "one style fits all" system we get to see here.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

11. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

Today I finally started to play with the dungeon creation system and it pleased me a lot. I'm really excited about the possibilities.

The Devs could implement a public system too, as it existed in Neverwinter Online. All player-created dungeons were publicly accessible (and players could review, rank and tip dungeons owners).

majoria70 and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.