Question on level of leadership focus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Evadrepus, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

It was brought to my attention that one reason we see much less of Starr these days is that he has joined a new company, as of August 2018: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-acceleration-agency

Most of the work typically done by the EP is being done by Chris now, especially in regards to communication and game direction. Can we backers expect to hear an announcement soon about the reorg? It seems that we're getting most of the news on changes, especially major ones like the physical office change or Richard stepping down from CEO, via outside media instead of from the gaming company we are sponsoring.

Edit - to avoid confusion, changed 'formed' to 'joined' as they reformed around him but this is confusing in some ways.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Stevvcash likes this.
  2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

That says founded in 2008. Where did you see 2018? I feel like Darkstarr has been around a normal amount. Chris has been heads down working and commuting, but now has his head above water and can interact with the community more.

Boris Mondragon and Elwyn like this.
  3. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

Per the site, if you click on Starr's name, it says he joined in August 2018 as "Executive Producer". I prefer to link to business LinkedIn pages instead of personal ones. It's something my European staff got me into the habit of doing.

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

lol 2018. Great catch @Titania Xylia !

And now @Evadrepus just taught me more about LinkedIn. Great job in spanking me Hehe

Edited: new context added while I was posting

5. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

joined linkedin in 2018 maybe?

6. Evadrepus

Evadrepus Avatar

Please read the response. I realize you might have stopped at the business webpage. Sometimes you have to go more than one click.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Anyway seeing his sheet, he did many job at the same time, how could this be a problem now?

And walt disney... wow :)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

His stories about how he worked next to the office of wall-e are great! I love to talk to @DarkStarr about his past.

devilcult likes this.
  9. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

I already answered this publicly (and if you actually read the Linked In addition that you refer to it says this). This was merely an expansion to my already existing outside consultation service.

Quote from the Linked In page: "Adding my expertise and 25 year of experience in interactive experiences to this global consulting firm on an ongoing basis as an expansion to my existing consulting services (Stellar Effect)."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/starrlong/

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

NVM Darkstarr beat me to it ^^

11. oplek

oplek Avatar

This seems like a good example of pot-stirring.

12. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

This is the sort of thing I would ask via direct message rather than a public post. But I'm in marketing and see things like this differently.

I'm sure it was an innocent question, but ones like this give the impression of chaos (I know...Darkstarr loves him some Chaos). It's like asking the question "Where were you on the night of December 24th, 2018 and were you near the fire at the North Pole?" Even if he was nowhere near the North Pole one might gather from a quick reading that he had something to do with the loss of Santa's workshop.

Of course, no one on the Internet reads things quickly.

Synergy Blaize, Jens_T and Cordelayne like this.
  13. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Several people up here do stuff on the side. WizardSmoke often teaches a college class on computer games on the side. Undone works on one of the crowdfunded projects we support, Saga of Lucimia. #plugforSagaOfLucimia. Another programmer does student mentoring. Also, obviously Richard does just a wee bit of extra curricular activities! Meanwhile I spend my nights working as an exotic dancer and a local ladies club! Ok, that last one might not be true... :/

In short, we're not IBM. Give us your 40+ hours a week (more in most cases) and be amazing and help out anyone you want in your free time. I know that like going office free, this sounds like a radical idea but it is honestly pretty much the norm for companies these days. It actually reduces burnout and increases retention.

Speaking of working from home, I'm going to do a stream in a few to work out some kinks in our streaming. Keep an eye open for it!

14. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

So there is no current or planned change in your role as Executive Producer of SotA?

As @Parson Barr mentioned, clear communication on the appropriate channels is everything in turbulent times. Even the recent announcements like closing the physical office were made during Live Streams. Not everybody follows those. I believe critical news communication should be timed to appear at least on the boards / web-page the same time they are mentioned in chats/interviews/streams.

ephialtes, K1000 and bloodydragon like this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Hehe, now I know why you always sound so tired on the live streams. Also might explain some of the sickness you seam to have.

16. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

Woot!!! I'm a follower. We need to get you partnered with twitch :p

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Oh, here I was watching on the Shroud channel.... which perhaps it should be at?

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm surprised this was posted on a weekday... Normally these types of post are timed for weekends for maximum effect.

19. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well,

in addition to my main job (40 hours a week), I also teach students from time to time and I also work in a non-profit association.

Yes, that is possible and gives our life variety and sense :)

And I think we have no right to demand what employees of Portalarium do in their free time ...

20. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

no trophy points for the OP on this one!

Beaumaris and Duke Gréagóir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.