Solania Catacombs Daemon Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calan Caitin, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

For the love of god why lock it behind a door, requiring a key? The damn thing was already nerfed to be a 20 minute respawn time long ago. You have the twin daemons in black blade mountains that are allowed to be farmed to almost the point of exploiting and yet make a 20 minute respawn boss more difficult to get to? Nice quality of life improvement.

2. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

So after killing every elf and blood skeleton in Solania catcomb for about 20 minutes and not getting a key, I hopped my happy ass over to black blade and killed the twins that aren't behind a door. How are the dragons or lich bosses gonna get locked away? This is a pathetic fix for crappy coding that allows for the instant spawning by changing instances.

nikkon78 and Rada Torment like this.
  3. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

everything is a work in progress - I'll bet this key thing will get refined to make it more fair very soon - I'd recommend shifting gears and doing something else in the mean time. For me, when I get sore about some mechanic, i just try to raise a new skill, or explore a quest... anything to stop myself from getting more pissed :) Hope it works for you

THE HENDOMAN

4. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

Guess the dragons need to be put into big bird cages that have to be unlocked before killing them. Liches need to get locked away, etc... Cause forbid the ones "exploiting" insta spawns be dealt with and/or just fix the bad programming that allows it in the first place.

FYI: it's just a quick trip thru the popular markets to see who is selling 200 daemon hooves/10 hearts of vrul, etc to know who is abusing the spawns.

5. mugmas

mugmas Avatar

At best it really doesn't affect things much, if you are unfortunate in getting that first key, that would be frustrating. Took me about a minute to get one, guess I was lucky. Now when waiting between spawns, I go farm keys and makes the time go by a bit quicker, and now I have a bunch of keys.... I also go do that ghost thing and grab the chests. Frankly makes it a bit less afk waiting for the respawn....

Given the drop rate on this thing for hearts or the trident, the 20min spawn timer does seem a bit excessive. Conservatively if it is a 1 in 100 drop (probably lower than that actually) that is 2000min or 33.3hrs.... That is one dedicated farmer....

Winfield, Elwyn, nikkon78 and 2 others like this.
  6. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

After black blade, went back to Solania. Did get 2 keys off 3 elves killed. The daemon respawns in the room if you wait the 20 minutes and no need to use another key. So yeah, inconvenient and a step backwards to quality of life improvements they like to brag about (which are mostly to undo mistakes they made previously in the name of immersion).

nikkon78 likes this.
  7. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Please stop saying killing something over and over is an exploit...its just not and its divisive. All the crap boss type mobs being farmed over and over should be group content and the fact that its not is to blame. If they insist on labeling hard solo content as group content this behavior will continue.

nikkon78 likes this.
  8. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

It's not the fact that killing it over and over. It's the fact that instances can be changed and bypassing the respawn timer that is the borderline exploit. Thus the new locked door in Solania Catacombs.

eli, Elwyn and nikkon78 like this.
  9. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

How the lock door stop it any, farm keys, have 500 of them, do the same thing you where doing except with a minor step. it didnt change anything.

nikkon78 likes this.
  10. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

And the major problem with it, that after instance changed, avatar appears on the same place where it was - near the daemons... If he will spawn at the zone enter, it will slow down a lot...

nikkon78 likes this.
  11. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Took me 15min for the key plus 20min for respawn. The change has no sense, just one more reason for people start exploiting again the instance teleport like in old days..

Time to visit more Black blade mountains if you can manage two daemons, or The Fall.

Luno, Gia2 and nikkon78 like this.
  12. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

It wont slow down you just get more keys so you can farm it 500 times in a row as i stated before it makes 0 difference.

nikkon78 likes this.
  13. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

Keys are random drops. First time I was there, I spent 20 minutes killing elves and blood bones with no keys. 2nd time there got 2 keys by killing 3 elves in less than 1 minute. It's just a dumb fix that really doesn't fix anything.

14. golruul

golruul Avatar

I agree with OP here.

If there is an issue that is caused by instance switching, then fix that. This "bandaid" only annoys the casual players and most likely has no effect on the instance switching farming groups.

nikkon78 likes this.
  15. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Just for clarity: Is the key requirement a new addition?

As I recall, the daemon was behind a secret door. :confused:

nikkon78 likes this.
  16. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

But it has made a difference or you would not be complaining about it.

Getting the more keys means you have invested the up front player time to allow you to farm. Whether that was all up front or alternate makes no difference, the time sink for killing the demon was paid.

Or pay a lower level player to farm the keys for you, so you can farm it over and over.

Hopefully with more mechanics like this to stop over farming without player time investment the rare loot drops can be upped to levels more akin to other games.

Regards
    Spung

Elwyn and nikkon78 like this.
  17. nikkon78

nikkon78 Avatar

big bulshit now i have make 7 runs in ther and get no key !!!!!!! Beter make a new 10+ Scene as spend time to make fucking mechaniks like this.

18. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I`m about North Blackblade Mountains... Its just not make sense in catacombs with keys when you can so easily respawn NBM.

Calan Caitin likes this.
  19. Sales101

Sales101 Avatar

April fools JOKE that’s not funny cause it’s not April. No loot for Anyone. Anything that is fun must be killed due to a nonexistent game economy.

Vero likes this.
  20. nikkon78

nikkon78 Avatar

you are Right switching to NBM ist the best Thing. was runing 5 h arund and killing every Thing and still not one key has dropd !! i tink the key only drop to low Level Players :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.