Solania Catacombs Daemon Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Calan Caitin, Mar 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikkon78

nikkon78 Avatar

they realy joke the peoples

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. nikkon78

nikkon78 Avatar

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after 5h 15min i got the first key !!!!!!!!!!!!! What a cool drop Chance :)

3. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

I thought it was a secret door.

4. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

So my take on this is it is only half a job done.

Nothing wrong with the mechanism, but it sounds like something wrong with balance values in the mechanism.

The demon respawn time was X, the key should be dropping at a rate that means you get 1 key in the time X. Then as gate limits access unless the key has been farmed there is no reason to not have demon respawn after 1 minute but only if you go outside the gate and it relocks. Enough time to loot get out etc.

If you could farm that demon say 5 times in X before with scene resets etc. Then the loot should be scaled up by 5 times. Obviously the loot boost should only be for that demon, not others in the game.

Does not matter if you bought the keys or farmed them yourself as long as someone invested the play time.

To me this is actually more fun, less mindless grinding of demon waiting around (once you have the keys) to get what you want as 5 times loot chance.

Market for the key created for lower level players selling the key to higher level players.

The key becomes a player resource, just like ore that can be farmed to sell to other players or for yourself to farm the demon without all waiting around as you can do them as separate activities.

Regards
    Spung

Arkah EMPstrike likes this.
  5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

In fact make it harder too, as well as better loot.

They have the mechanic to kick people out of that room if the door is locked which prevents using the teleport exploit. So just have the door relock and respawn every 10 mins to give a time limit

@Chris

6. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

A locked door into the daemon's room was added. This is after you go through the secret passage way. Personally I got a key for it off my 2nd elf. I don't generally go after the Daemon but I wanted to see what the fuss was about.

7. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

This ONE daemon was screwed up. But the rest of them are fine to farm.... Just think of that fix... all these years later.

8. Luno

Luno Avatar

15 minutes and no key drop.
    Nice move devs ...
    You have dozens of things to fix and you spend time screwing other things...

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This is a result of one band-aid after another.

If you create a pointless, arbitrary DELAY mechanic such as a 20 minute respawn, and there is a way to work around that mechanic, players WILL do it.
    That's just human nature. The respawn of anything should not be longer than the time it takes to reset the instance, or you're just inviting this behaviour. That was mistake number 1. It didn't fix anything, it just made players MORE likely to do instance resets, players who it had never even occurred to them to do an instance reset started doing it.

So you have to ask the next question, why would you need to kill the demon over and over?
    Answer: The LOOT is so BAD that killing it 50, 100 times wont get you what you want.

You honestly cannot expect players to just sit there and wait.

Either put the demon in a scene that has lucrative 'other stuff to do' during the respawn cycle so players aren't twiddling their thumbs watching paint dry.
    Having stuff to kill/harvest/get between demons instead of parking him in a ?low level scene? would be a start. And yes, I know there are 'other demons' but most people can't take two at once and a lot of people don't want to do their PvE in a PvP scene.

-or-

FIX the horrible loot system so there's no NEED to farm the demon 1000s of times for a chance at a crumb of a drop.
    Add previously suggested incremental drops that add up to the item you want, rather than relying on this horrible slot machine crap where you have to split crappy loot among your party - all this does is encourage steamroll soloists and discourage partying for "group content". Which is silliness. Consider adding things you have to fight before you get to the demon (most game dungeon content requires fighting your way to an end boss, not just walking up to his door). Consider using some sort of daily quest flag to limit loot - kill it while the quest is active, drop rate is increased significantly, continuing to farm it results in the crappy rates we have now.

This is the problem with bosses in this game in general. They are extremely unrewarding for the time they take to kill and require hundreds of kills to give out anything, multiplied by however many people you take with you.

So there's a key to the door now. So you add, in addition to having to wait for content, the need to mow down trivial mobs for yet another "rare drop" to even have the privilege of killing the demon for his "super rare drop" ....it should be pretty clear why this is not fun. So here we have another bandaid to make things not fun while the hardcore farmers probably already have piles of keys lined up and alts farming keys and the rest of it. Stop this madness.

mystarr, Elnoth, Calan Caitin and 3 others like this.
  10. Xkhan

Xkhan Avatar

The vitriol and saltiness of some of you guys is crazy....may be time to take a breath and step away for a bit... sheesh! OMG a key is needed the sky is falling.... #SMH

11. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

I say take away all of the demons, spend the hours needed to fix the exploit, then put them back in. Easy temporary (maybe) solutions make everyone go nuts.

12. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Farm Torc instead...he's right in the open....that one would be ahrd to just add a key.

The worst part is that Port doesn't care if the top 2 or 3 players FARM the crap out of things and then sell for $$. But as soon as the core hoard of us learn of something (like catapults) it has to be "fixed".

Calan Caitin and Rinaldi like this.
  13. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

this is a troll, perhaps not intentional but nothing pisses people off more than asking them to calm down.....just sayin

14. eli

eli Avatar

What? A patheticaly small attempt to balance one tiny aspect of loot balance is pointless at best and annoying/backwards at worst?

Are you sure this is sota?

15. Calan Caitin

Calan Caitin Avatar

That is exactly how it goes. When Boedy was killing 1800 dragons a month solo, it was no problem. Once other players started being able to solo the dragon, all of a sudden the dragons get a nerf to spend more time flying. The first nerf to the Daemon was to move it's spawn rate from 10 minutes to 20 minutes because of the daemon hoof drop rate was increased. Now we have to lock it behind a door behind the hidden door to bandaid players switching instances to instantly spawn it. Avoid the problem and add more steps so later on you can brag about quality of life improvements when the door is taken out. Meanwhile in Blackblade Mountains there are 2 daemons that can be pretty much exploited for double the chances of heart of vrul and the trident. Yes, there are spawns prior to the daemons, but they are not hard to kill for me, so I know that hardly slows down the more hardcore players. Port seems to step over a dollar to pick up a dime on some of this stuff.

16. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't understand why players can't just get a temporary flag with duration equal to resapwn time when they kill a boss. If a player with a flag shows up in a private or friends instance, the boss associated with that flag despawns.

Dhanas, Calan Caitin and Spinok like this.
  17. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

So now you are saying i cant have that person come help me because they killed a daemon 10 minutes ago?

18. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

You'd still be able to help your friend, but you'd have to wait 10 minutes or whatever is necessary to meet the respawn time. I don't think that's a very significant price to pay to stop infinite boss respawning.

Dhanas likes this.
  19. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

So having a respawn timer greater than an instance reset timer is a bad idea.

20. Luno

Luno Avatar

Me and a guildie spent 1 hour and a half combined today in solania catacombs and got zero keys ...
    Any plans to fix this situation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.