What exactly does blade specialization do?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

From the description, I figured the higher it levels the better all other skills in blade tree will become, but I'm not seeing any changes in any of my blade skills. I started watching a older vid and it just mentions that it gives an extra glyph, but I don't play that way. I play the newbie way where the skills glyphs are locked and no combos/stacks. So this is meaningless for me? If so, huge bummer since I worked hard and blew a lot of xp getting blade specialization unlocked.

2. Katu

Katu Avatar

3. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Yes, heard charging stinks though, so haven't used it in awhile. I didn't think you needed extra glyphs to do so. Guess I'll relook into deck building and stacking etc. I've been enjoying just the old fashion standard way with cooldowns and I just spam abilities I like where I can lol. seems to work well enough.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

charging is the difference for me between a 1-24 rend and a 1-60 one.

Barugon, Jason_M, Gravidy and 2 others like this.
  5. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Depends on the skill. Most blade skills charge well. Some spells don't because their charging speed is glacial.

If you're not at a place in your character development to choose a spec, don't worry about it. You'll know when you get there. Until then you're just going to spend experience that is probably more useful elsewhere.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Stabbath ; once you follow @Sara Dreygon guide and you get bladed combat at 120 plus you will think it’s worth it. Then once you get bladed to 150 you will think you are god. R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

7. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

From my experience Blade Spec is not worth it at all. Your way better off going with life and tactics.

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Yeah there is a long period where you don't seem to get much better but once you get there you can get really powerful. You need to get it to 80 tho.

I still think mage builds are way more versatile in this game tho.

Jaesun likes this.
  9. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

You need to stack rend its the best damage in the whole tree.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  10. Moriarty7

Moriarty7 Avatar

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  11. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

heard that about tactics. Not so much life. Thanks.

12. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

really? I don't even have it on my bar anymore. Burst dmg is the way I been going solo. The ticks don't do much when they're dead. Figured rend was mostly for the heal debuff or long fights. I have heard rend is great, so did build it up to 50 or 60 I guess. Been awhile since I used it. Whirlwind is in it's place. Once I start grouping I'll likely use rend again.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I find rend to be situational for bosses and PvP. I suggest get your base sword skill to gm then thrust and double slash. Offhand after that so you can dual wield. Get a couple of bronze or meteoric iron longswords with strength/dex, thrust and double slash bonus and it’s smooth sailing. Meteoric chain to start for dmg resist then bronze for pure damage after you raise def stance, parry and glancing blow or fortify defenses to Gm or higher.

If you want a real rush, get berserker stance to 120 and add a haste potion while having a fleet flute going. Others may differ but I find it fun
    R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever

14. Boo Ladedada

Boo Ladedada Avatar

When your listening to some good music and your deck dances for ya then you will truly love the deck building, my fav system in SOTA. Locked skill is for the more casual and precise, and unlocked skills is more for fast clickers. Try both styles and you can also have both on your hotbar. Plus switching deck makes it even more interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.