Black Sails Saga, Part 3

Discussion in 'The Library' started by CatherineRose, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Wake up Sis...
    Wake up...
    Hurry, we must bring the food to the Duchess CatherineRose.
    [​IMG]
    Trinity sprang to her feet and in one movement drew the sword beside her bed in one hand and her wand in the other.
    She was dreaming...
    A dream of a joyful childhood day playing with her brother and CatherineRose.
    The voice that awakened her was that of her brother.
    But... It was just a dream.

She put her wand and sword up and poured some wine into the mug that sat on her desk.
    She was so exhausted from the battle that she did not remember the walk back to The Tempest.
    The battle had ended, the Obsidians have left Dragomir.
    Apparently she had collapsed onto her bed in full armor.

Trinity called for her quartermaster.
    "Peg! Please come in to my stateroom."

Peg was on the main deck, he approached and knocked on the stateroom door.
    "Captain Trinity"
    "You called me?"

Trinity said:

"Peg, come please come in"
    "Did The Tempest have any issues during the battle?"

Peg reported:

"The Tempest fired many rounds into the Obsidian's as they approached the town."
    "We could not fire into the main town or we may have hit some of the friendly army"

"In the heat of the battle, a squad of Obsidians approached the Dragon from her rear and boarded her"
    "The Tempest had no target and could not fire upon them for fear of hitting the Dragon or it's crew"
    "Razulah and the crew of the Dragon were able to subdue them.
    "Razulah told me the Obsidians stole the artifact burial map Boris left in his office."

Trinity remembered that Boris had come onboard The Tempest to awaken her.
    He was in a great hurry to go to the docks to defend Dragomir.

[​IMG]
    Peg continued:
    "I awakened you and explained that Captain Boris had been here"
    "You dressed and ran to the Dragon"

Trinity said:
    "I thought Captain Boris was still on the Dragon."
    "I went to see if we could share a longboat to the docks"
    "Razulah was in Captain Boris' office and told me he had already departed for the docks"
    "I noticed a map of Kahli on a table in the office, it was marked with the locations of the buried artifacts"

"I took another map of Kahli and marked some 'fake' locations on the map"

[​IMG]
    "After making a second copy of the fake map I returned to The Tempest to speak with you."

"Was Koa able to travel to Kahli and bury the fake chest?"

Peg looked at Trinity and said:
    "Yes Captain, he took one of your fast travel scrolls and successfully buried the chest."
    "I'm sure the Obsidians will be surprised when they dig that chest up"

Peg laughs loudly and almost loses his breath laughing.

"I would love to see their faces when they open that chest"
    "Ha, ha, ha" "They will be so mad"
    "When they open that chest and see the Obsidian Skull..."
    "But... when they see that Obsidian Captains pickle in the 'Pickle Jar' they will run away terrified"

By this time, Peg can barely contain the laughter from the thought.
    [​IMG]
    Trinity is also laughing at the thought of seeing their faces.
    She went to the secret panel behind the Kobold toilet and removed the original artifact map.
    "Is Captain Boris on the Dragon?"

Peg indicated that he was on board the Dragon.

"Good, I will take his map to him and we can both have a good laugh over a drink about this"

Video courtesy of Alleine Dragonfyre

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Lily Byrd, Adam Crow, Jaesun and 4 others like this.
  2. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

Arrrr, Avatars!

Here is a video of The Black Sails Saga, Part 3 "Pirates vs Obsidians" Event! Arr, I hope you enjoy it!

Scallywag Engineer

Adam Crow, Jaesun, Rentier and 5 others like this.
  3. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

It is with such a heavy heart as I make my way once again back to the hospital on the Misti Sea first and then to the hospital on the dry dock ship from Aerie with more medical supplies.

As I walk I see many are residents from here in Dragomir Mori. There are @Xarras helping @Rada carry one the injured toward the hospital. There are @Paulie Walnuts and @Sales101(Stu Gotz) lifting a large stone block, which had fallen, from one of the warriors legs.

The deafening quietness was punctured at times by the screams of the family members finding a loved one that would not be returning home or the shout of joy when embracing one who was alive after all.

Oh no!
    Recognizing one of my residents I knelt down beside an unconscious Alpha Fishsticks. Thankfully he was no longer bleeding. The guards who were with me helped wrap his wounds as I helped him drink some water. "Please take him to the hospital on the dry dock ship as soon as he gains enough strength to move."

Many others are from neighboring towns such as Alexandria, BlueRose Isle, Jade Valley, Port Phoenix, some from Arc Draconis and even Desolis, Obsidious and Serinite. This is my third trip from Aerie back to Dragomir Mori with the needed medical supplies. We had already used the bandages and rum which @Drya had brought even before the battle had ended. The battle had been so very intense. Thankfully we had been preparing for a long time therefore many had survived.

Now as I walk over to the dry dock ship I walk through the blood spilled on the sand as there are still many who are removing the injured and bodies of the dead.

I quickly sat on the ground next to my warrior friend DevilCult. He cradled in his arms a dying young woman tying to comfort her and alleviate her fear. There are so many wounded in need of medical supplies that DevilCult said "I know there is very little room for more in the hospital. This woman warrior will not make it and so I will will stay with her during this time"

Hearing him say this caused a great flow of tears as I knew that many more will die due to their injuries they received last night.

I continued on my way giving water and food to as many as could receive it and leaving water for those who would soon be able to drink.
    As I walked and searched for the injured there on the road stood @Mac2,@Vespers, @margaritte, @monkeysmack, @Minerva, @Tazar and @Adam Crow. They were all standing like quiet statues looking down as @Arkah EMPstrike was kneeling beside what a badly injured man. Arkah was gently wiping the dirt and caked blood from his face.
    Although is was good that this man was still alive every one standing there felt their hearts sink when they saw the the injured man was not Paladin Michael. They also had been searching for Michael as they helped with the other injured persons.
    I purchased more medical supplies and headed back to Dragomir Mori.

Still my eyes searched every face for Paladin Michael.

All around me on the decks of both ship are the injured and the dying. I know many of the men and women who are in need of medical care.

"Seena, please guard the hospital tonight and report to Captain Boris any unusual happenings in the night. There are guards at the hospital on the Misti Sea as well."

"My Lady keep a large pot of broth going at all times for there are many who will need this nourishment tonight and the rest of this week."

As I once again entered the dry dock ship's hospital ward I see Captain Boris running toward me. He looked distressed so I turned immediately and met him as he climbed the ladder to the ward. He told me that Michael had been on a medical supply run last night to Aerie and had not returned. Captain Boris said he just got word that Michael has been badly injured and is now being brought here to the hospital.

"Please ask Seena to prepare a bed for him with clean bandages. Seena will need to bring hot water to clean Michael's wounds as well."

Our relief that Michael was still alive was profound.

We would have to wait, however, until tomorrow when Michael had more strength to tell us how he was injured as well as what he witnessed while on the Dragon during the battle last night.

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... After the battle ...

When he opened his eyes, he looked into a smiling face.
    Catherine!
    He wanted to get up when she put her hand on his chest and said, "Quiet, Michael, it's not a danger, rest."
    He nodded. "Where ... how ... why am I here?"
    "In safety."

Boris approached. "Brother, can you tell us what happened? My men said you followed an Obsidian Ebon Wizard who took the map!"
    "Unfortunately, I do not remember anything, I'm so exhausted ..."
    "It's good, we'll talk later, the memory will return!"

When Boris turned around, he heard Michael saying "They have the map!".
    A laugh was heard from the other side of the bed.
    Trinity stepped closer. "Do you mean THIS map here?"
    Michael shook his head blankly. "I saw that it was taken!"
    Trinity smiled. "You've seen right, they took A map. But not THIS map."

Boris, Trinity and Catherine laughed, as Trinity told the truth!

Michael replied: "Then I almost died for NOTHING ?!"

Catherine was startled when she saw a cold glow in Michael's eyes that she had never noticed before! Was it anger?

"I'm sorry, I had to act quickly and there was no time to communicate ...", Trinity replied.
    She handed the map to Boris: "Here, Captain, keep it better next time!"
    Boris took the map and nodded to her. "Let's have another drink!"
    To Michael he said: "Brother, relax!"
    Michael nodded.

Cathrine smiled and looked at Michael thoughtfully. "Is everything ok?"
    He looked at her and smiled in torment. "I'm just exhausted, please let me rest ..."
    Catherine nodded and turned to the exit. What had just happened?
    What did he experience? She had expected him to laugh the loudest that he had chased after a false treasure map!

She left the room, worried. Sometimes death was not the worst victim, sometimes something broke inside ...
    Hopefully it was really just exhaustion ... She shook her head. He was strong! He just needed some rest!

At the shore she took a deep breath. She, too, felt exhaustion. She would also take some rest - maybe a long night of rest would cure the wounds of the last day ...

[ to be continued ... ]

5. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

... After CatherineRose left Michael's bedside Trinity returned to speak to him.

Trinity stepped closer to Michael
    "I'm sorry"
    "I had to act quickly and there was no time to communicate to anyone"

Michael replied:
    "Then I almost died for NOTHING ?!"

Trinity leaned closer to Michael and placed a kiss upon his forehead.

"Michael, we all faced death. We were all willing to die for our cause"
    "You did what I would have done in the same situation by following the map"
    "Don't be angry, we need brave warriors such as you"
    "I am proud to be fighting beside such a brave man"

"Because the Obsidians have a fake map we have time..."
    "Time to rest..."
    "Time to recover..."
    "Time to prepare for another victory!"

Trinity walked to the foot of the bed and turned toward Michael.
    Raised both hands as if forming an invisible ball between them.
    [​IMG]
    Michael reached for the blanket around his waist and pulled it toward his head.
    Maybe he thought it would provide protection from Trinity's spell.​

Trinity spoke the words:
    "QAS-EXIM_HEX"
    [​IMG]
    A bright aqua blue essence emitted from Trinity's hands and surrounded Michael.
    The whole bed began to vibrate and his body shook.
    The spell was "Purify Burst" (removes negative status) and Michael was it's target.
    Michael and the bed became calm and peaceful.
    Michael smiled and drifted into a restful slumber.​

Trinity turned to leave and thought:
    "Sometimes healing needs a little help"

"Rest well, my prince we need you to fight another day".

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  6. Paladin Michael

... A few hours before Michael arrived in Dragomir Mori ...

The Obsidian Ebon Dawn Magician realized he was being followed. What his pursuer did not know:
    a few miles north, an elite unit was waiting for him. The ships had only been distraction ...

Arriving at the meeting point, he grinned hermetically at the jerk appeared behind him.
    He turned around and looked at him and just said, "Have a good trip!"
    While other magicians stepped out of the shadows and together sent out a powerful spell that opened the ground beneath his feet ...

"There he can wait for his end!", someone said.
    At that moment appeared ICY, Michael's faithful companion, summoned while he was falling down!

Unfortunately, 5 magicians were too much. A spell later, ICY fidgeted in the air.

"Noteworthy!", said the parchment's thief as he opened it. "Let's teleport there together! No time to handle that jerk yet!"

................................................................................................................................

Victory sure they opened the box placed by Trinity ...
    The leader uttered a barbaric cry when he saw what he was looking at!

"They put us in!". "Back to that man with the ice creature!"
    Shortly thereafter, Paladin Michael was brought to an even less nice place.

"Let's see what HE knows! If he had known what was on the parchment, he would not have followed me! So he must know about the parchment! We will take advantage of him ..."

A bad laugh escaped his mouth ...

Fortunately they didn't see the white pigeon who flew directly to the City of Aerie to someone called Ariel ...

................................................................................................................................

I opened my eyes. Where was I? What happened? I remembered I fell down!
    My limbs hurt. Slowly my eyes became clearer. I tried to move - but ... I was tied up! I hung in the air and my arms and legs were tied up by magic ...

"Don't try to get free!", a dark voice told me. "Every try will be painful! I woke you up, because you have to do something for us!"
    I looked down to the place, beside a torch, where the voice came from. "I will do nothing for you!"
    The voice answered with a crazy laugh.
    "Do you know, where those medaillons were hidden?", he asked me directly.
    "If I would know I wouldn't tell you!"
    "I believe you don't know. BUT you know about a parchment containing the information we need to find them!"
    I looked confused. "What are you talking about? You HAVE this parchment!"
    The Obsidian Ebon Dawn Magician laughed.
    "Poor soul! They didn't tell you about! Ok. No time for chatting. You will do us a favor!"
    "As I said before: I will do nothing for you!"

"You WILL, believe me, human, YOU WILL!"

[ to be continued ... ]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  7. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris felt somewhat foolish when Trinity gave him the real map yet he was glad she did and her actions fooled the Obsidians into thinking they got the upper hand. He went back to the "Dragon" and checked on Razulah and his crew.

"Razulah, come to my quarters, I need a full debrief on the status of our crew and ship. Are we seaworthy? and is the crew fully healed"

"Aye Captain, they suffered minor injuries but with the supplies that arrived this morning from nearby cities we are fully operational once again and in good health. Captain Trinity came by here and told me of the situation that Peg noticed. Her help and timing was crucial especially with the map situation."

"Thank you Razulah, since the town damage has been repaired and the town injured cared for I believe tis time to get some rest and relaxation. Have half the crew go to Aerie to Lady D'Amour's tavern then upon their return send the other half. I will bather, dress and go to a town I know to find out if any obsidians have been there".

Boris entered his quarters and bathed. He took a deep swig of tum as he soaked in the hot water then heard the commotion as his stateroom door was pushed open. He stepped out of the water as Trinity walked in on him and was about to say something yet instead looked at him and covered her mouth in shock. He smiled at her, took the towel and dried off then put on his pants as if nothing was happening. He finished dressing while she fumed and tapped her boot on the stateroom floor.

"Trinity, I must thank you for your quick thinking on the map issue and rest assured it will be kept safe in my inner jacket pocket. As far as the offer for a drink and some laughs I will take you up on the offer. Mayhaps at Hammaburg tonight while we look for Obsidian information there? First I will check in with Michael first to see if he is alright and invite him to come if he feels up to it".

As he turned to face her when he finished talking he noticed she was not there and heard the door to his stateroom slam. He could not understand this woman at all so he proceeded and headed to town.

Boris checked in on Michael asking him to join him for a couple of drinks to clear his head but Michael declined. He noticed Michael had a strange look about him and made a mental note to have Razulah check him in case a spell had been put on him.

He headed out of town and stopped at Lady D'amour's in Aerie for a quick drink and to let her know some of his crew members would be there. He handed her a bag of gold coins yet was also greeted by the sound of his crew who had beat him to the place.

They knew he had paid in advance for their "entertainment" and shouted "One Ship, One Path, One Truth" in unison. At this time the stage light came on and a scantily dressed woman walked onto the stage. She was announced by Lady D'amour.

"Gentlemen, we have a new dancer for you, please welcome the "Wild Orchid". Boris was struck by the beauty though her face and hair were concealed by an exotic turban. The silks she wore left little to the imagination and her moves were provocative and carefully planned. He applauded this dancer along with the crewmembers and other patrons. Their eyes met breifly as she moved past him then she finished her dance and stepped backstage. He would find out more about this mysterious "Wild Orchid" another day since he had to get to Hammaburg quickly. He waved to his crew and to Lady D'amour then headed out the door feeling a pair of eyes looking at him.

Though fast travel took away from the adventure he seeked it was the only way to Hammaburg in a short time and he used the teleport scroll.

Many people gathered to these Tuesday encounters in different places and this was not only a pleasant and enjoyable time but also a valuable form of entertainment. Elijah was a formidable host and a great musician, others would always join in with their instruments in an avant garde experience. Many patrons there tonight, he saw lady @Belladonna Rose and then others arrived. @Jay Nord, @Lily Byrd and @CatherineRose all started quick conversations. He noticed Lady Twilight Tempest arrived and had plans to continue their "conversation" afterwards but all came to a halt when a mysterious woman arrived. She introduced herself as Desiree Orchidea, a newcomer to our lands, he had trouble keeping his eyes on her and her exotic demeanor. Catherine was talking to him about keeping their eyes and ears open for any sign of Obsidian or Obsidian sympathizers yet sll eh could mutter while looking at this woman was "ooooofff". He heard lady Twilight tapping her foot on the ground expecting a conversation yet as the mysterious woman approached him he was standing there bewitched. The night did not end too well for Boris as a minor altercation ensued in which he was slapped, buckets of water poured over him yet he was oblivious to everything except this woman and the instant chemistry between them. He later excused himself and decided it was time to return to the "Dragon". He had seen enough of what the future had in store for him and realized there would not be a "conversation" with the enfuraited Lady Twilight Tempest tonight.

Lily Byrd, Adam Crow, Jaesun and 6 others like this.
  8. Paladin Michael

... AERIE: one day after the battle ...

Ariel stepped out of the tavern with Samael, loaded with supplies that they packed onto their wagon.
    After the last battle any help for the injured was important.
    "Let's go, Samael, healing hands are urgently needed in Dragomir Mori!".
    Samael nodded as they suddenly noticed a flicker in the air.
    As if to materialize one of Ariel's magic pigeons. But - after a few seconds it was over!

"Samael, that's exactly how it was when the attack happened yesterday!
    I thought to myself that I had imagined that - did you see it ?!"

"I have, Ariel. Apparently, it was not an illusion. Maybe someone has been trying to send this magic pigeon."
    "Something is not right, Samael, it would take strong magic to stop these mail elementals."
    "Well, the Obsidian Ebon Dawn Wizards ..." "Yes, let's go, maybe we can find something ..."

[ to be continued ... ]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Lily Byrd, Adam Crow, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
  9. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Standing here looking at the Black Sails fleet of pirate ships and the beauty of each home here in Dragomir Mori I am grateful that most of the injured that had been cared for in the hospitals on the Dragon and the Misti Sea had been able to return to their homes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We had hoped there would be a long term peace but although the battle here is over and the Obsidians have retreated for a season , there will be more battles to come and more to die.
    [​IMG]
    We know that since they did not accomplish their mission to recover their artifacts we will again be in battle.

We, however, accomplished much. We learned the reason my father and two other of our captains were assassinated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We found the communication artifacts that the Obsidians were trying to retrieve and buried them in Kahli.
    [​IMG]

We also rid our world of more of the evil Obsidians helping Captain Trinity get closer to her goal of avenging her brother's murder at the hands of these Obsidians.

Another reason there will be a battle is because they have realized they were fooled. When the map showing the location of the artifacts, Captain Boris and I had hidden in Kahli, was found on the Dragon which was why they could not find the artifacts in Dragomir Mori.
    I need to go check on Paladin Michael again. He is home from the hospital but he still does not seem to be the same since the battle. There is a cloud surrounding him that is emanating sorrow. We think this may have happened when he was attacked after the battle on his way to purchase more medical supplies. Who ever attacked him may have given him some sort of potion that is causing him oppression. Maybe after he rests for a week or so he will be back to his old self.

"Thank you, Captain Boris for the invitation to visit the Tempest, Captain Trinity's ship and your ship, the Dragon. I will be honored to accept your invitation for one sunset from now"
    [​IMG]

"Aye it is always a pleasure to show the largest fleet of pirate ships in all of Novia right here in Dragomir Mori, Port Dragomir. I will be looking for you, Desiree, tomorrow evening."
    [​IMG]

"Captain Boris, Desiree sent me a message expressing her gratitude for the hospitality shown to her in the offer to accompany her home after the Tavern night. I am glad that the strange altercation between you and your friend did not prevent Desiree from accepting your invitation to visit tomorrow."
    [​IMG]
    Photo by Jay Nord
    I must say, Captain Boris that I find it quite amusing that you seemed to have been at a loss of words when you stammered your greeting to her. I have never seen you at a loss of words before. I do think, Captain Boris, you were smitten by her beauty."
    [​IMG]

"Captain Trinity, may I come aboard? "

"We have been invited to have a drink with Captain Boris and our newest friend, Desiree Orchidea, whom we met last week during our visit to the Tavern Night in Norstead, Hammaburg. It is a shame that you were unable to attend like planned because by the actions of one lady in particular you would have thought that Captain Boris and the beautiful Desiree Orchidea had met long ago. However, she is a new comer to the tavern and to all of Novia as well. Desiree was speaking to everyone in the Tavern that night while Captain Boris, when he was introduced to her, seemed to be enchanted by her. He was truly smitten by her. The woman with whom he came into the tavern became so irate that she slapped Boris on the face and she poured a bucket of water on his head. He was not even aware of any one else around him. He could not keep his eyes off of Desiree even during the time his face was slapped and his hair became water soaked. Still, he continued looking into her eyes as if he were in a trance. Watching the look on the face of his woman friend I thought she was getting ready to do something more than just slap Boris and pour water over him.
    Since the room was silent by now with all eyes on them I spoke and said "Desiree, since you just arrived in Novia and have not had a chance to find a home would you like to come with me to Dragomir Mori? I have a comfortable home where you will be welcome to stay until you move into your own home."

Desiree turned to me and with a smile accepted my offer. With that she said good bye to everyone as did I and we left to go to Dragomir Mori.
    Two days after meeting Desiree in the tavern she delivered a message thanking me for allowing her to stay in one of my houses until she moved into her own. She also inquired about the handsome pirate. She said "he told me his name is Captain Boris Mondragon and that he lives on his ship called the Dragon which is part of the fleet of pirate ships called Black Sails at Port Dragomir which
    is in the town of Dragomir Mori."

She then asked "is he attached with anyone?"
    "No, I answered, he is not."

"Trinity, I must take leave now. I will see you this afternoon on the Dragon."

"Good morning Alpha Fishsticks, I hope you day is well today."

"It is, Duchess CatherineRose. When I heard you would be having guests this afternoon I went to my store room and brought this rum, I made some years ago, to put on the table when Captain Boris's guests arrive."

"Captain Trinity sent word that she has to make an unexpected trip to Aerie today and will be late arriving. Please let Captain Boris know that she will not be there at the expected time. She will be there when her business is complete."

"Hello Razulah. I hope you are well today."

"Thank you Razulah that so so good to hear."
    We were all beginning to get very concerned that the permanent poison antidote would not be ready before the temporary antidote wore off. This temporary antidote, was given to Boris by Captain Trinity during a ritual after the battle in New Heaven last month.
    [​IMG]

Without this permanent antidote Captain Boris would be preparing for the end of his life in just a few more days."

"Razulah, When will you administer the permanent antidote? So you are on your way now to the Dragon in order to give it to him?"
    Very good! I will go tell all of our Captain's the good news."

"Captain Stu, Captain Monkeysmack, Captain Paulie Walnuts and Alpha Fishsticks quickly let all of Dragomir Mori know that our Captian Boris is about to receive the permanent poison antidote. We will soon make plans for a celebration. Alpha Fishsticks please go to New Heaven and tell Antrax and Dhanas this great news and to expect there to be a grand celebration soon."

"After you tell them please spread the word around Novia. Let everyone know that although the Obsidians attempted once again to end his life during the battle in New Heaven last month that their attempt has once again failed. Captain Boris is right now about to drink the permanent antidote potion. We will all rejoice together very soon."
    [​IMG]
    I sat at my desk and began writing a message to Adam Crow telling him of the recent happenings about the artifacts which Captain Boris and I hid in Kahli. Adam had made arrangements for a safe place where it would be unlikely the Obsidians would find them.

"Oh, My Lady, thank you for telling me that it is time to go to the Dragon to meet Captain Boris and his guest, Desiree Orchidea. I will finish this message to Adam Crow after we return home again."

"Hello Captain Boris."

"Hello Desiree"

"It is good to see again Desiree. Are you enjoying your new home in Britany Wharfs?"

"Captain Boris, Razulah told me of your good news about receiving the permanent poison antidote. Word has been sent to all the captains about this great news. Alpha Fishsticks sent some rum this afternoon and the word that Captain Trinity would join us but would be a little late. She wishes for us to go ahead and enjoy conversation and rum and would join us in time to tour the Tempest."
    [​IMG]

"Desiree, I see you changed your hair color from when we met you at the Tavern. It looks very nice."

Captain Boris led the way showing each room to Desiree making comments as we walked. We approached the ladder to go down to the tavern where we would enjoy Alpha Fishsticks great tasting rum. Captain Boris had an elegant and refined way about him that was so genuine that most people became instantly relaxed in his presents. He always insured that any guest he had was made welcome and comfortable. So it was this time as he helped us down the ladder making sure neither of us fell.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    We enjoyed looking around the tavern which was warm and welcome. It appeared that he often had fun evenings with drums and other musical instruments being played as his guests danced to the rhythm of the music.

We began walking toward the bar counter where Boris was heading to pour rum for each of us into beautiful golden goblets. Just as he was almost there he swayed as if trying to get his footing. Both of us took long strides as we rushed toward him in order to help him not fall to the floor.

[​IMG]
    "I feel very dizzy at the moment. I hope it means that the antidote is working and not that it is not working. I would just as soon not have to die today even tho sharing rum and conversation with two lovely women would certainly
    not be unpleasant while crossing from this life to my next life."

I took one arm as Desiree took the other to steady his body while quick as the eye can blink Desiree reached into his jacket pocket where he was keeping the real map of where the Obsidian artifacts were buried in Kahli. At first Captain Boris nor I noticed that the map was stolen by Desiree due to the dizzy spell Boris was experiencing. He noticed Desiree about to climb the stairs and requested that she ask Razulah to come to the tavern. He thought that she was intending to go ask Razulah or One Eyed Jack for assistance with Captain Boris. However, just at that moment Boris and I both realized what had taken place and why Desiree had left the tavern. We both jumped to our feet and ran after her in hopes of stopping her from leaving the ship. Captain Boris was unable to continue after her due to being so dizzy.

The plan to keep the map on his body would have kept the map safe. Captain Boris would have killed anyone who would have tried to take it from him. He had not known the permanent antidote would make him dizzy.

We did not even think that our new friend and guest on the Dragon and the Tempest would be a thief as well . (Later we would learn that she was sent by the Obsidians to spy and to try to persuade Boris into telling her where the artifacts were buried). When Boris was feeling dizzy Desiree saw that the map was in his pocket and quickly took it.

Captain Trinity had made the fake map looks just like the original map with marking where artifacts would be found. Once she made it she took the real map and replaced it with the fake map she had just made.

The original map had been replaced with the fake one by Captain Trinity. Paladin Michael had not been aware of the switch of the original map he had taken so that he could take the original map to Adam Crow in the town of Kahli. Plans had been made to take the map in the dark of night during a medical supply run to Aerie. Their plans were to go to Kahli and move the artifacts from their hiding place.

An Obsidian had followed Paladin Michael to Aerie when the Obsidians saw him leaving the Dragon following the battle. The Obsidians thought Paladin Michael had the real map when they attacked Michael, took the map, actually the fake one, and headed to Kahli to retrieve the artifacts. Michael was left unconscious by the road near Aerie.

We soon learned from Captain Trinity that she had made a fake map which looked just like the real one. The fake one had different locations marked where the artifacts were really not hidden.

The Obsidians were heading toward Kahli with evil intent. If the artifacts were found they would be able to duplicate these black Medallion and be able to produce a device so powerful that the communication would be so far ranged that our
    world would no longer exist in any hope of peace.

When we realized what Desiree Orchidea had done we ran to the ladder,up the ladder, from the room, out the state room door and down the ladder from the ship. She was escaping when Captain Trinity was just arriving from her business in Aerie.

I yelled "STOP HER". Captain Trinity started running toward the transport boat yelling "STOP. STOP!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We were unable to catch her but Captain Trinity used magic to blind Desiree for an instant and placed a fire ring around her. She then jumped into the docked boat to prevent her from escaping.

She did not stop but instead dove into the water and swam to the shore on the side of the small island. She then ran like a gazelle to the fast transport, red covered wagon and landed in the open field near the boats next to Aerie. She jumped into one of the ships and was able to escape.

She was gone.
    For now.

"Snow!" take this message to Adam Crow in Kahli."
    "Adam Crow be prepared for an onslaught of Obidians in Kahli. There may be a beautiful black haired Obsidian spy trained as a seductress. Do not be fooled by her."

"They will soon find artifacts buried which will be found following a fake map. They thought it was the map you and Paladin prepared when Boris and I were in Kahli burying the true artifacts."

"We will look for your reply. We have begun our journey toward Kahli."
    Duchess CatherineRose,
    Governor of Dragomir Mori

Pirate Queen,
    Black Sails at Port Dragomir

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  10. Paladin Michael

... Dragomir Mori ...
    After they arrrived, Ariel and Samael hurried to Lady Catherine and Boris Mondragon.
    "Thanks for the support." Boris said.
    "And we appreciate your healing skills," added Lady Catherine.
    Samael nodded.

Ariel immediately explained: "We saw some kind of ... magic vibrations ... in Aerie, and we suspect someone was trying to call for help, someone who had a magical pigeon from me!"
    Catherine looked at Boris thoughtfully.
    Boris began to explain: "The map on which the place of the medallions was marked, was stolen."
    Paladin Michael chased after the thief, an Obsidian Ebon Dawn magician."
    "Is he okay?", Ariel asked excitedly.
    Lady Catherine continued, "He - he came here injured and powerless ... and ..."
    Samael looked serious and asked: "And - what happened?"
    Boris continued, "He was - annoyed and ... horrified when he learned that the map had been exchanged before it was stolen by Trinity ..."
    "That's - well, nothing special, right?", Samael replied.
    Catherine took a deep breath and continued, "No, you should have seen his eyes! And his voice - full of rage - never before had I seen him like that - he thought he could have died - for nothing. It was scary!"
    Ariel's and Samael's eyes met. Samael calmly said, "He is an Outlander, even if he is killed, which is quite a painful experience, he can not die."
    Ariel nodded. "So why did he get so upset about it ..."
    Boris added: "We do not know what happened to him, what they did to him, he - he could not remember ..."
    Samael answered, "We should talk to him!"
    "Of course.", Boris said and he went ahead with Catherine to see Michael together.
    A few moments later they were standing in front of the cabin.
    After Lady Catherine knocked, she opened the door and they entered ...
    They looked around and at each other.
    The bed was empty - his clothes were gone - and Paladin Michael ...
    ... vanished ...

[ to be continued ... ]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  11. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Adam Crow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.