Soft Wipe for Episode #2 ? ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Mar 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

I'm not old yet, but also not getting any younger, and feeling like I wasted my time becomes a bigger deal with each passing year.

So I say this for only the second time ever (the first being against hard caps), if there is a soft wipe, I'll be tempted to go elsewhere for my gaming pleasure.

Osiris3, By Tor, Mhtic and 4 others like this.
  2. Net

Net Avatar

This sounds like losing half of your xp.
    I think it would be slightly better if the double xp worked until you reach twice the amount of your former xp. Or rather until you receive your old xp in bonus xp, because especially when it comes to future episodes, you might get triple or higher counter to receive xp from all previous episodes if you have not received it to that date.

It is one of the ways how to make low level scenes in the new lands worth visiting.

The thing is the game heavily depends on character level, I think soft wipe would help with some issues (though it would create some new issues). I am not sure there is any solution that would make both the old and new players happy, there are still players who did not get their GMs, while there are players who kind of got past the GM thing and move their key skills to 140 and higher. It is impossible to keep everyone happy.

3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I just spent several hours deco-ing my basement and seem to find other ways to do something other than constantly grind xp, but when I'm doing the things that are 'not constantly grinding xp' I'm falling further and further behind. Guessing I'll fall further and further behind in episode 2 as well.

Senash Kasigal and Net like this.
  4. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

As the leader of a small roleplay guild I felt it was important to have a discussion about an episode two soft wipe. There are five active members and we each purchased episode two but we wont be playing episode two if it involves any sort of skill or gear wipe, and therefore we wont be purchasing episodes 3, 4 or 5 either. It's taken us two years five months to get the guild where we want it and it has been fun but we want to carry on progressing not repeat what we have already achieved. We are happy to continue playing in Episode One thanks.

signed Cage Storm, Graxus Melt, Mandrakken Sloord, Dakai and A.n.ymous.

5. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Already seeing damage in game, some have drasticly reduce time play or have just stop... the ep2 direction needs to be discuss by the dev and they need to speak about what's the plan for ep2. I don't want to continue "wasting my time" playing (as all others" for a wipe on ep2.

We need to ear from you devs @Chris @DarkStarr @Lord British

Plz take the time to discuss how you guys are planning this and what's the "main ports direction" on this question.

Bjorn Dyonisys

6. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

My thoughts...
    • FIX all of the Current issues in Ep. 1 = Concentrate on the following fixes during 2019 & Carry these through to Ep. 2 >
    • > refreshed interface > including customisable UI (including allowing player made Mods)
    • > movable Health Bars,
    • >Ability to reorganise Hotbar order = to Our playstyle,
    • >Quest System fixes,
    • >Combat Balance
    I will happily forego "Stretch Rewards" if I am informed as to what the Dev Teams focus goals are in a given Month.

But I will add... add more items players have asked for from the already ingame Wishlist.

Osiris3, Gorthyn, Cordelayne and 5 others like this.
  7. Dax Legend2

Dax Legend2 Avatar

Sorry for my wording, English is not my primary language...

I'ved spend like more than 3000 hours of play since 2 years ago...
    A wipe just tell me to stop play because all my effort are a waste of time.. why continue to play before EP2 if I'll lost everything...
    They also tell at each épisodes they do the wipe, like Assassin's creed series… Assassin's creed series a different games, they create a new game to get back players, but there are not MMO.. players stop playing the game when the finish the game, SOTA is a MMO, never ending the game, so a wipe will reduce the amount of players, they stop playing after completing the story because all work after that point are waste
    ex. Ep1 took around a month of play, if I knew I'll got a wipe for EP2, I'ved played only a month and wait for EP2, that include I'ved also spent less money in this game and mabye I'll never come back for EP2 because I'll probably found another game that not include waste of work.
    They tell they give 2x XP gain but is useless, I already got 1 000 000 XP in 35 min soloing…. with the 2x XP, I'll got 1M in less time and waiting like 45 min to remove the XP debuff...

I have around 650M XP (Adlvl 117), so I'll spend like 1500+ hours of play in EP2 only to reach what I have right now and if the story took only a month to complete, i'll probably stop until EP3 in 2020??
    Even the best story of quests didn't Worth this lost of time.. losing 4000 hours in EP1 and 1500 hours of play at the start of EP2
    I'm really happy to do not bought Lord of the Isle bundle...
    If they still go in this direction, I'll not switch to EP2 (if possible) and stop giving my money and cancel my subscriptions

I'm waiting until my subs renewal to know if they still go or not in this direction and make a decision of where I'll put my money...

By Tor, Nottingham, Mhtic and 4 others like this.
  8. Black Knight2

Black Knight2 Avatar

If you wipe all my skills I QUIT...

AKA

The Infamous
    Black Knight

Osiris3, By Tor, Cordelayne and 3 others like this.
  9. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

how could going backwards be fun? If they go forward with this non-sens I'm out.

10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

It sounds like Port is trying to address the issue(s) of "power creep" as a basis for expanding content.

It sounds like people responding to this thread generally feel that "soft wipe" is the wrong answer to this.

I also agree - soft wipe doesnt sound like what I had in mind for Ep 2, and am quite surprised by it. Im willing to listen as to the fine details of what it would be like, and will keep an open mind. So far, its not something I feel positive about.

I do agree that the fundamental issue - expansions = new content for the highest level players only - is most undesireable.

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Was hoping for a continuous world ..why divide our player base ? Do we have too many people in ep 1 ? Anyway at this point theres alot of speculation on the subject ... whatever happens wish port would decide faster and let us know also . All this talk about '' Episode 2 - A New Begining '' is making alot of people '' uncomfortable'' to say the least.

Cordelayne, Osiris3, By Tor and 6 others like this.
  12. Black Knight2

Black Knight2 Avatar

Iam with you Dax. Iam a casual player and for me to climb this mountain again would be next to impossoble.

Osiris3, By Tor and Brass Knuckles like this.
  13. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I whole heartedly agree with the majority in this thread. As much as I love this game - any kind of wipe will have me quitting this game for good.

Cordelayne, Osiris3, K1000 and 2 others like this.
  14. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Avatar

Plsease, God, do not take away what I have grown to be. I was given this gift of life to mold, to progress. How can I progress to episode 2, if you take away my progression?

K1000 and By Tor like this.
  15. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

They have already said (somewhere) that this isn't happening.

16. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Here

Barugon likes this.
  17. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

That's fantastic... however, they need to put it in hardcopy, so that those of us who don't have time to watch a video can get it :p

Thank you, though, for posting the link! :D

18. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I mean... I love seeing Chris's smiling face as much as the next person... but three hours of video is a bit much to sift through to hear the nuggets of wisdom drop.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Why? They never put anything about a wipe in "hardcopy".

Jaesun, Brass Knuckles and Mishikal like this.
  20. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

And the only reason we know is because someone out there brought it to our attention. That needs fixing.

Also, it was a short audio clip, relatively speaking, where it was mentioned and was easy enough to listen to while on a break. Three hour videos? Not so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.