Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Training dummy only visible/existent for lot owner

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by ErikRulez, Mar 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

03/17/2019 21:45
    Title: Training dummy only visible/existent for lot owner
    Reproduction Rate:100
    Blocker?
    Details:Training dummy we normally use can only be seen by owner of lot. I tried having it traded to me and placing it myself (non owner) but as soon as I placed it it disappeared and I could no longer see it/ interact with it.
    Steps to Reproduce: go to a lot where you aren't the owner but know there is a training dummy present. Look for dummy.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16356
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1979
    SotA.Win.64.931.Date.03.13.19
    Area: Novia_R1_PlayerVillage_01/Novia_R1_PlayerVillage_01.01
    Area Display Name: Aldhaven
    Loc: (14.7, 27.1, 58.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfUGxheWVyVmlsbGFnZV8wMXxOb3ZpYV9SMV9QbGF5ZXJWaWxsYWdlXzAxLjAxfCgxNC43MzcsIDI3LjA1NiwgNTguNjc4KXwoMCwgLTAuODM5LCAwLCAtMC41NDQpfDExNC4wNDI0fDM1LjAxMTk5fDMuODk=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@ErikRulez, it sounds like there's two seperate issues there, and one of them may expected. a training dummy will not activate/cannot be used unless the lot owner is present, no matter who places it. you didn't say whether the lot owner was present when you tried. however, it should be appearing, inactive, where you put it down. check around the borders of the lot? i know i've seen a few bugs in the past few months with pets, including dummies, appearing floating at the edge of a lot, especially a water lot.

3. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

@Alley Oop : So I was present for him to use the training dummy. (Lot owner for that lot.) We confirmed that I was able to see it, attack it, pick it up and place it in my inventory. Put it back down. Once placed it vanished for him. I then picked it up, traded it to him, he placed it on my lot and upon placement, it vanished for him/was visible for me. (I gave him co-owner privileges on my lot as another note which was an attempt to solve problem of the first part you mentioned)

Also of other note, the other NPCs on my lot were visible to him (non-combat NPCs).

Other note: Land Lot

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

okay, thanks for clarifying! (giving him co-owner will not get around the requirement for the lot owner to be present.)

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report and extra info! Issue #64276

6. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Agree.

7. golruul

golruul Avatar

FYI I (the lot owner) am having the same exact issue and did the same exact things Jefe did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.