Dark Sylvan Bow Strings, Only Negative attributes??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Do not know ear to put this, plz move if needed? Bugs, but will get lost unless ack, General, Crafting, Skills, . . .?

I was working on the stats for Bows spreadsheet and Was about to put up data for the Sylvan (Unicorn) bow strings and the Dark Ones only have Negative affects? -2 Dex and -2% Crit Hits. I do not see any more properties listed undet their Section.

PLZ tell me if I am missing something or that this is a Mistake

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

You are missing the fact that the sylvan bow strings are affected by your virtue. If you have high positive virtue, you will have negative effects on dark strings but positive effects on light strings, and vice versa.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

AHHH Ok SO if I used that Bow on another char with Good Virtue Dark strings would be Positive? How do I see my Virtue?

4. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

No, you need negative virtue for dark strings to have positive stats. You need positive virtue for light strings to have positive stats. Evil -> Dark, Good -> Light

you can try /stats and look at your chat log

Sentinel2 and Mac2 like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeha checking now but consensus is have to look at items affected to gues at what you are at.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok I my Log My Virtue for Love, Courage and Truth are all -1 = soo I have -4 on A Dark Bow string but should it not be positive for my virtues all being negative?

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the log does not show virtues anymore. it shows -1 for everyone, becuase they're hiding it from us.

Mac2, Jaesun and Weins201 like this.
  8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

If you look at your virtue quest rewards - there is a +5 to -5 range for the stats to get an idea.

Weins201 likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This will show all of your virtues as -1.

Weins201 likes this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Okies Both my Chars say -1 for each of my virtues in their Stats One my Crafter holds the bows and they are .2 Light + Dark Negative and Grumpie is 2 Light + Dark Negative, This is a simple Short Bow with one sting.

Soo here is what I gather I am Virtuous on a good way with Both Chars and Grumpie is just Much more + Than Tweins.

However I do not know if this is right or wrong so

From the dev team we need to know how these calculated OR tells us what are virtues are? if I knew that Light / Dark multiple + / - virtues by 10% either way I could then tell you if these are working right for me and also would tell me what to make if I wanted to make stuff.

I understand the affects and they seem to be a good idea but hiding this information actually deters from crafting and or using these items.

TY for all the info hoe to get some of this cleared up

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  11. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

oh boo...okay, then don't do that =p

12. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

The Unicorn horns and strings are pretty good if you have high positive or negative virtue. I have almost max positive virtue. The light strings have a bonus of 11.3 Dex / 11.3%crit on a longbow ( 2 strings ) and the light horns have a bonus of 6.7wep dmg / 9.7%crit on a spear. These numbers area based on my virtue standings. I'm pretty sure the bonuses can be increased a little more, but I am not sure what the actual max is. I'm thinking 12/12 for the longbow and 7-8/10 for the spear. Hope that made sense and hopefully answered some questions. Take care and be safe.

Boris Mondragon and FrostII like this.
  13. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

The max is 7 weapon damage 9.9 crit chance on horn as far as I have seen, and the strings are 6 dex and I THINK 6 crit chance maxed out.

14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The shroud of the avatar is your guide to virtues. You have to finish the story to be able to accurately gauge your virtues

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.