MAPs, this error needs to eb fixed esp since we are barreling into places that might be totally new.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I jump here to explore and play around but I have zero memory of what is where if I at least had a working map I might be able to explore without having so many problems getting lost. Not even going to bother since the extra difficulty created is pointless.

[​IMG]

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Well first of all you didnt choose the best map to show that there is no map, since this is a map based on height.
    You can imagine a square that goes deep with 4 side and room on every side, pretty easy to remember that one.
    They said many time also that it would be hard to create such a map. If you have a good idea on how to make it then give out!
    And despire your effort to make your post attractive with many colors, its not really fun to read.
    Just saying.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

These maps are there I have been in here with a map up, same as a few other places I go and just some times it says same message.

This does not have to make the maps they just need to figure out the flaw in showing them and get it to work.

4. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

I never saw a the fall map

5. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The rise map works pretty good as multi level.

I think the should abandon this player made service and work on some paper scroll maps like they have for ravensmoor and ardoris and stuff. Or give us the tech to draw a map on a paper ourselves and copy them.

For the fall, for instance, i’d have a Zelda 3 style map with floor 1A 2A 1B etc

6. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

[​IMG]

EDIT: Funky fresh hand-drawn effort jokes aside .. It would be cool if we had to either have a physical map (in game item) or perhaps the level designers could add little flourishes to help you stay oriented that you could write down on your own hand drawn maps. Like "human skeleton" or "peculiar rocks" just because a lot of the textures in certain areas can really blend together...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    smack likes this.
  7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I like this approach.

Just have players make the maps for all and donate them to port is what I say.

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im gonna start hand drawing mymaps today\o/

Elwyn likes this.
  9. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

The fun was when there were quests in areas that were using maps for different scenes!

10. smack

smack Avatar

SotA Map was a good, separate / additional community web-based thing but it should never have been used as the real mapping system for the game. I agree about going back to the paper maps, or using alternative tools -- many exist in the Unity store -- to facilitate with creating the maps based on the scene data.

Fister Magee and majoria70 like this.
  11. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Is there something not exactly an auto-map, but a sort of grid/graph tool that lets say if a player had charcoal in their inventory, they could "draw" hallways and such?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.