Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Blades skills don't hit death bunny

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by jiirc, Mar 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Copied from QA bug report, still happening on live

03/27/2019 09:58
    Title: Blade skills continuously miss Archlapin (hit nothing)
    Reproduction Rate: 99%
    Blocker? Sort of (Can't hit himm so damage down in minimal)
    Details: I was curious about the Archlapin fight so off to Spectral Mines I go. I battled him and saw that I was doing very little damage. After digging into the logs I noticed that auto attack was hitting him but the blades skills (thrust, rend, double, slash, whirling blades were tested) showed up in the logs as "You hit nothing (thrust)". Clearly the skills weren't hitting the bunny. I tried to fight him on the stairs, at his spawn point, and the flat area above the stairs. Whereever I fought him the skills missed. I didn't expect rend to work, but even it missed (if it was possible to do damage the log has different text indicating that no damage was done instead of you missed.(BTW my lcharacter is L108 with at least 110 in each of the blade skills tested. Rend is only 100. My strength during the fight was near 200 and even higher at the start of the fight.)
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Head to the death bunny.
    2) Have a blade skill deck ready to use (rend, thrust, double slash, whirling blades, etc).
    3) Attack and kill the zombie waves.
    4) Fight the arhlapin at his spawn point, on the staris, and above the stairs.
    5) Notice that the bunny's health is barely going down.
    6) Run away to stop the fight.
    7) Once the fight is over, check the logs.
    8) You should see that the skill don't hit the bunny at all ('You hit nothing.').
    This was the same thing that was happening with the Envy Angel before it was fixed.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 661 @ 3.33GHz (4) System RAM: 12222
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.QA.Win.64.823.Date.03.26.19
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines
    Area Display Name: Spectral Mines
    Loc: (-85.4, -13.7, 109.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC04NS40MzMsIC0xMy42ODYsIDEwOS4xNSl8KDAsIDAuOTM4LCAwLCAtMC4zNDYpfC0xMjguMjcxOHwyOC4zNjgyMXwxMC4zOTE0Mw==

Arya Stoneheart and Alley Oop like this.
  2. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

if this is the same issue there was a trick to dragging the bunny over to the ramp and you stand lower than the bunny or something. It was alsmost that the bunny was really short and your swords were swing over its head. So you put the bunnyhigher on the ramp and you can hit it.
    Totally not saying it not a bug...but perhaps you can hit it this way while waiting for the bunnyfix.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This You hit nothing bug has been going on for a long time unfortunately.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

every boss they bring in seems to have this issue. :(

5. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

It was the same last year have the bunny one step above you and it will hit.

6. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

it seems like the same issue that's been reported for zombie children and other "short" creatures - blades and polearms just don't work, except for auto attack. the other issue has never been addressed (it's been around for over a year).

7. golruul

golruul Avatar

Guess I won't be hunting the bunny until it gets fixed.

Hey Port, put in a quick fix that scales the bunny size to that of a troll! Giant (pixelated) fluffy bunny of doom!

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Chris, @DarkStarr, what is happening with this issue. It seems that every boss that comes in is blades gimped in this way. Envy Angel was fixed, but this boss still has issues. What’s happening?

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

hum lets see , your style does not work? You could move around a little and hit it? So is it a bug? does the game need to adjust to you or do you need to adjust to it?

NOW I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS NOT A BUG. NOR THAT A REPLY WAS NOT WARANTED, HOWEVER,

it was clearly said one can hit the Bunny, so adapt and enjoy.

Developers you all need to get you act together, stop trying to just communicate and start prioritizing and assigning jobs for Community control, Bug scrubbing, Community Communications,. . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.