Happy first launch anniversary! share your best ingame moment.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rada Torment, Mar 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

My favorite time in SOTA since persistence is:
    - Hosting Welcome Quests (longest player event)
    - Enhancing Dara Brae's Nature Reserve with more Celtic/Ultima/King Arthur tour references (first nature reserve in New Britannia)

2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

i can't say that i have a single favorite moment. there are many.

but, watching a community build itself in crossroads has been the most gratify thing i have ever witnessed. i sometimes wish i had more time to run the town. then again, it seems to be doing well enough without me getting into everything. :)

watching the community shape and be shaped by the game's development has been the most intriguing thing i have ever witnessed. i can't wait to see what the next years bring!

3. mute209

mute209 Avatar

I have tons of favorite moments, but I guess I'd have to choose the day I joined my guild. All of my favorite moments are times I spent with the friends I made this past year. :)

4. Gravidy

Gravidy Avatar

Hard for me to pick a single event, as there have been many great moments over the last year.

Recently, however, I finally got into the Crypt of the Avatar for the first time. Getting to that place in the game was special, because of that importance of the place in the book (The Swords of Midras). I loved how well the place matched what was described in the game, and it was really special being there!

We're in a living world, with wonderful history, and I'm super-excited for the future.

Congratulations to the team, and to all the supporters.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

When someone hit this Aether Dragon so hard it made him look like a drunk llama that had just been punched in the face.

[​IMG]

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Early morning (and all night) pillar dancing with Pax et Fortitudo during the meteor storms.

[​IMG]

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

8. Fei Akhart

Fei Akhart Avatar

My best ingame moment, a certain "RP get-together" ;), was actually the beginning of memorable moments.
    When a player crazy for RP , who only RPlayed in his native language, had the equally crazy idea of going to an RP event using Google Translator to participate. :D

It was a watershed not only ingame, but in my life. I've met amazing people, who became special friends, who make my days happier. Thanks a lot for this.

[​IMG]

Jaesun, Alioth, Rada Torment and 3 others like this.
  9. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I think other than the continued building of Knight's Watch and my guild would have to be the Shooter Jennings Party. That night was awesome...all the chaos outside waiting to get into the place and then the awesome music played....and then of course being ported in the back to meet him and get my swag. I almost fell outta my chair when they PMd me and then took me back. That was also when we all saw the GIANT TEEKA. And Lord British thanking me for playing UO stones before anyone else.
    There have been other memorable moments as well...First time we took Kaizen Strave to The Rise.....told him to jump off the bridge by the dragon and well.....he did...Right on top of the dragon and not where we told him to. That was great fun and loads of laughs. Several other excursions with the guild.....oh and the night we went o Spectoral Peaks to fight the spiders and a few of us were a bit on the tipsy side. Lots of deaths and lots of laughs. That was awesome fun though.
    Happy Anniversary Sota and thanks for giving us the chance to have all this fun, experiences and the fanttastic community that we have.

10. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

While the extended starfall and release party was kind of fun, I think i had more fun attempting to partition off and max out a one-story stone basement in Central Brit. I was trying to build a water storage tank sewer-style and separated elemental cold area to "attach" to the home above. Sent up pipes through the ceiling (overhead view is above ceiling in first photo - construction of a madman underway) Lol...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    majoria70, Jaesun, Barugon and 2 others like this.
  11. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

So many great memories! thank you all for sharing your last year experiences with the community.

The community is always there ready to make good things happen :)

Hazard, majoria70 and Belladonna Rose like this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Remember this thing?

[​IMG]

13. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I agree with Rada, live events is where it's all at. But to each it's own. This game has a good setting for RP, probably one of the best ones, and will be even better when player generated content project is fully completed. Having player dungeons and player made quests makes SoTA so much of a bigger game, but it also makes it feel more like a dungeon runner, since you will be able to do just that - run player generated quests and dungeons. And yes, SoTA needs content that brings community together, either it's more player generated content (boat races, horse races etc...) or more bosses, more rewards, more variety...

majoria70, Rada Torment and Barugon like this.
  14. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

Every freaking guild hunt is my favorite memory!

majoria70 and Rada Torment like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.