PVP out of curiosity -

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by blaquerogue, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Maybe I've missed something (or they're just laying low), but are the people against full loot open PvP really the majority?

See, I'm for full loot open PvP, and I've noticed a lot of different names posting their support across these threads... and very few people countering that. So, are we the minority?

In any case, I'm nervous to see where the devs take this. Botching PvP (a critical facet of player interaction & game balance) is going to be a big part of how I see this game.

Making it "optional" only seems to concentrate it to the open areas, and enable the worst behavior. People get bored hanging around the same zones doing the same stuff. They WILL grief.

Sent from my EVA Unit-01 using Tapatalk

2. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

How is randomness fair? By definition someone gets lucky and someone gets screwed, completely negating any skill

3. Orladin

Orladin Avatar

Haha yeah I was heavy into Kenjutsu from 14 - 23. It's safe to say I wouldn't have a limb or head on my body if we did the same thing :confused:
    I've gotten/caused more injuries than I can count

blaquerogue and Jivalax Azon like this.
  4. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

I agree, you have said it the best in the fewest words.

blaquerogue and Lord Baldrith like this.
  5. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

I believe the only people who still feel the need to make PvP related threads/posts are the pro-Open PvP people. Surprisingly, no amount of explaining why it's fun to get killed by other people has convinced the anti-Open PvP people to change their minds.

Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  6. Robby

Robby Avatar

If the game is "too soft" ill likely play it anyway.

Do we know yet wether or not it will be "too rough" for someone's taste though? Perhaps it is unlikely, but I havent seen all of the official details from the dev's yet.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Robby

Robby Avatar

Well, they probably need to realize that there is no convincing. Its not fun for them and that wont change. Same goes for the opposite extreme. I hate to use the word "stubborn" because I would know that if I used that word im being a hypocrite. If your not stubborn your not human.

We like what we like. And the continual creation of PvP related threads isnt neccessarily to try to convince people to enjoy a certain playstyle. Its a way to find like-minded individuals. Maybe some want to dig into your skull and change the way you think. But there in for a rough time if thats so.

8. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

The opposite is true as well, PvE exclusive games are not fun. None of the arguments made by the PvE crowd have been compelling enough to explain why a game should not feature open PvP. I do find it interesting that the PvE players attempt to fabricate claims such as: No game with open PvP has been successful, a full PvP world forces only PvE players to play one particular way, and all of the players will quit if it is open PvP. Of course none of these claims are true and it's simple to find examples which demonstrate the falsity of all 3 of these claims.

blaquerogue likes this.
  9. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah definitely, i already have about 5 back ups in the future! Ill wait to see how all this turns out i may just play the single online version, and go to the others when i want the excitement of a real battle! :) either way it will work out for me!

10. mhoward48

mhoward48 Avatar

I really do not enjoy PVP, so I am hoping it is optional only.

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

It will be optional that much we know already, I highly doubt they will make PVE person go into a pvp zone for something that is game oriented, more likely a choice of taking a side quest. But if you want to learn how to PVP, well you can always talk to me or various others on here! We would be glad to show you the ropes :) Most of all just enjoy the game!

mhoward48 likes this.
  12. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

Scary?:eek:
    I might not be your first choice when it comes to picking friends, but in times of trouble...well I'm not too concerned with trouble. We'll let your enemies worry about that.;)

Jivalax Azon and 3devious like this.
  13. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

There can...when everyone is playing with the same deck. Everything will be equal to the point that pros and amateurs will be breaking even...this will really help introduce a lot more people into the PvP scene.

OSullivan likes this.
  14. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

You could be the lucky one...that's fair, right?

15. redfish

redfish Avatar

That's like saying there's no skill at playing poker.

Ned888, Ristra and BillRoy [ab] like this.
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

No we are not the minority its pretty close for both sides Us full loot pvp type people just cant post anything without the same non- open pvp and against pvp all together people ruining any forum we start, turning it into an argument! So we open pvp people just stopped replying back since we always seem to get whatever we posted reported and eventually deleted. If you posted plainly ("who is open pvp, full loot") non pvp, or partial pvp no full loot people, would come on it and start some crap attack our beliefs then report us when we fight back, and of course we would lose the battle and just get it deleted as usual! So its just not worth posting anymore!

17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Honestly if it griefs you so much to get killed and lose some battles then i want you to have the option to opt out! I dont want to make you something your not! I am full pro pvp, full loot! and that is my opinion when related to non pvprs, or people that just dont want it! I would find it no fun to play with people that complain and ***** all the time because of the style! so Im pro choice when it comes to PVP, I am not pro PVE it is just boring and too predictable for me! I have a ton of games that i could play single player and off line! again that is my opinion! I want you to have the opinon not to participate in PVP and full loot!

Jivalax Azon and Phredicon like this.
  18. Veylen The AenigmA

No its not because u know whats under the hood as far as calculations go which LB will never open up his code or algorithims to find out about statistical chances like you can do with poker. And if were a good comparison it would be known the likelyhood of every card proc every round like the really good card players. Poker has a set structure with known quantities therefor isnt truly random

19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This is assuming the player with the best hand wins. Poker is more than just the cards. And I bet the PvP fans will agree that PvP isn't just about standing there exchanging blows, it's more than just the combat.

Ned888 likes this.
  20. Veylen The AenigmA

Not really its about who draws the best cards but you cant rely on statistical knowledge like poker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.