Tier 6 lich totems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

If now there is no action to return funds from the developers to the players who bought such items they will lose all trust. And in the future there will be another 1 such error. no one will talk about it until the last moment. receiving millions of gold and conducting RMT transactions.

I do not want this, I dont want greed ppls, in this game..... they make trouble for good players.
    I want fair competition. I want the game to be fair and interesting, I spend a lot of time here for killing monsters. In this game, a lot of interesting mechanics that attract me. And I love to communicate with people who play it.

If i have any mistake in my words please tell me

Amelli and Mhtic like this.
  2. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Want to buy one for 1.5 million? :) not that I have one, do know where to find one!

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Look @Mac2 is a cool dude I’m 99.992% positive if this is removed he will give u a refund.

If the solution is to ban everyone for this then you need to ban everyone for every poorly implement recipe including the deadly poison producer one. That’s a huge percentage of the game getting banned there :) same thing sadly I missed that one as well.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    Mac2, Dhanas and margaritte like this.
  4. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Cool or not... This is far from Mac's first trip through the moongate. He knew the moment he got a t6 totem of the wrong type from a t1 recipe that it was a bug, and selling it for RM is some serious BS.

5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

Let's not assume anyone that sold one made the item themselves. Tradable items are exactly that. Portalarium knows exactly who made them and their path through trades.

We can speculate all we want. At the end of the day, the devs have all they need to take action and I am confident they will do so.

Mhtic, Redhammer and Solazur like this.
  6. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

It will be wonderful if a person does so. But do not forget I'm not the only one. And also there are others who made a similar purchase.

If this is not the first time. That means after this error. Everyone is sure to make sure that it makes no sense to keep yourself, and the follow the rules. And start using all possible errors.

7. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

combine 50 troll essence + 50 kobold essence = lvl1 trobold totem

Pifester and margaritte like this.
  8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I remember dual major int, dual major dex, dual major str armor being made for a few days before it was reported - by Mac and I. Some players, Mac included, didn't make them assuming they would be scrapped as they were made due to a bug and forever skewed some players with more stats. A list was generated for bugged armor and this was mentioned in the standup notes by Chris.

To this day, they're still for sale on one particular vendor and haven't been nuked. Nobody has had their armor taken away. Based on recent precedent, why would anyone crafting these totems think they'd be handled any differently other than the issue fixed and items allowed to remain?

kaeshiva, Mac2, Mhtic and 5 others like this.
  9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

And..... there was the great obsidian ignot theft of R38 where it was announced on dev pluse and those players wiped out all the vendors before it was even announced to the public. I’m sure there are many examples of bad crap people took advantage of and never got called on the carpet for.

Or when they re-released the 2015 grim reaper statutes aciddently those people that bought them didn’t get them taken away (especially burn about this one 3 days earlier I paid $50 rmt for one then they release them for $15).

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

That's my pal Sara.. bringing logic to the damned party again :)

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  11. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Ohhhh ya... THAT...

memory is a helluva thang ;p

Sara Dreygon and Brass Knuckles like this.
  12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Its Chris fault . If he would have stepped up when the armor bug appearead and wouldnt have allowed people to make thousands of dollars out of an exploit ... we wouldnt have a lvl 6 totem issue today ...because people would have known better . I hope in the future Port takes a more severe stand when it comes to exploits . The only reason people are making/selling lvl 6 totems today its because why not ? If it worked with 16+ intelligence chain chest armor pieces it will work with totems also . Sorry to put you on the spot Chris but you gotta take a more serious stand ...removal of these items would be a first good step ... as for those who bought such items they should ask for theyr gold/cash back from the people they got em from.

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I
    T
    Y
    S

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

-snip-

Edit: was going to say filing a complaint through paypal or the credit card company might help produce results... but as it's a simple money transfer, I am probably completely off base.

15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

If you crafted it, and sold it for an extreme price reflecting what it would cost if it were crafted legitimately, its your fault. Its stupid to say that person is 0% at fault for scamming with an exploit.

If it’s sold reflecting the price it cost for the hundred Essence. Thats different.

Humbert_Humbert, Mhtic, Lazlo and 2 others like this.
  16. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

The problem is by the time this get fixed people will really have a level 6 totem made and it will disapear like all other ;p
    Its gonna be a hell of a job to clean this. When problem like this occurs, better care of it at the moment it get reported and fix it. Just saying.

17. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

I'd say it would be an easy thing to clean up... if I trusted their metrics.

Amelli and Cordelayne like this.
  18. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

@Chris IMHO - making such totem and selling it is even WORST than making Log cabins and selling it for COTOS.

P.S. Atos if there would be no reaction from you it will just motivate other players to use holes and exploit it.
    P.S.S. Really anybody thinks that it is ok to make from 10k -2.5kk in few hours because of GM fault?

Amelli likes this.
  19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I think the real issue is poor design and poor testing. so many design issues and the history of not fixing them has created a speculation market not the players fault. They have been rewarded for using a loop hole or poor design while it lasts. Look at the deadly poison thing, or when ore was respawing super fast. people took advantage of that as much as possible. can you really blame the player base for this stuff or do you blame lack of content testing.

Where I might agree is if someone sold them for insane prices knowing they would be removed. But just making them or speculating that they would not be removed is not something I’d hold them accountable for.

It would be cool on the QA when you log in you get things like envy bow, 20000 troll essence etc. so you can easily test this stuff before it’s live. I’m not gonna farm for 5 hours for a envy bow just to bug check it for portal. But given one illl go plink with it.

Alioth likes this.
  20. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

Greetings all... I have to say thank you all...I make one of the L6 totems, it sits in my bank. I am afraid to actually craft another, it takes me a while to gather the essences. I am sure the Dev's will work something out... I expect my L6 totem to be converted to the L1 Kobald totem at some point... Until then I am just saving my essences.

As for the people who bought or sold them in the game or out of the game, the simple truth is it happens virtually in every game, duping or exploiting high level content or even experience. Once the issue is identified it can be corrected... Punishment may need to be given but expulsion from the game need not be the only way to "pass judgement" let the Dev's work something out that will fix the issue...and provide recompense for players currently holding the counterfeit totems... I expect that some changed hands as gifts as well as for profit...It is not likely a perfect fix will be found to make this right...But I suggest we give the Dev's time to work it out...Good Luck and Good Hunting fellow Avatars...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.