Encounter rooms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoffer, Mar 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Does anyone know where the kobold, troll and "one new addition" encounter rooms drop at the moment?

I know you can get the essences to upgrade them from higher tier mobs but I'm looking for the actual encounter rooms that are not the deco version.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's three existing rooms getting conversions and one new room. chris mentioned on stream the troll one would be new, dropping from ruined keep boss, so i think the kobold one is hilt rotunda. we just need the encounter/non-encounter switch recipe.

Fei Akhart likes this.
  3. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

I'm assuming then that the switch recipe is not in yet?

I really hope that the kobold one is the rotunda and they didn't do something stupid like put it on the kobold boss in mysterious swamp

4. Alley Oop

don't think so

they said there was only one new room and they did say there was one from ruined keep, and there was no already existing one from mysterious swamp .

5. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

So do we have any confirmation of the actual encounter rooms with spawners dropping anywhere?

FrostII likes this.
  6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Kobold one is going to be the rotunda. It is supposed to still be dropping the old room. The existing room is going to be the non-encounter room. (From Chris)

The non-encounter/encounter room variations aren’t dropping yet, should be in Monday unless there are problems that Chris encounters I testing them. (From Chris)

The non-encounter rooms are all going to be upgradeable to encounter rooms for 500 crowns. (From Chris)

My understanding is that the new room was the troll room. (My opinion)

The troll room isn’t dropping yet. (From Chris) It wont’t start dropping until the new non-encounter/encounter types are put in, probably on Monday. (From Chris)

The troll room is supposed to drop for both the boss in the keep and Torc. (From Chris) But don’t they have different hit points, so wouldn’t they be different teire. Also isn’t there a troll with about the same amount of hits points in the keep?

Jaesun and Scoffer like this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

The hp on the trolls has nothing to do with the totems. You build the tier up by adding to the totem. First totem will be standard troll. Same like lich totem. You increase it by adding to it. If i remember correctly he said due to Trolls only spawning in not alot of zones that the essence needed would be 50. Kobolds would still need same amount like liches as there are more zones and multiple mobs making it easier to get the essence. The drops for rooms and totems wont go in til Monday barring now problems with Unity. Unity has been a pain in the butt all week it seems

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Not so much that unity has been a pain, it has something to do with what they are trying to do.

Off topic here
    They want to do three things with unity
    1) they wanted to upgrade to unity 2018.3. There are a bunch of reasons why to do this.
    2) They want to change the build method to Il2CP.
    3) They want to do texture streaming again. They tried this before and there were a bunch of errors that had to fixed before going further.

Item 1 went smoothly. Now they want to do item 2. They fixed some build issues and are ready to proceed with it. As for item 3, while not actually stated I think that was part of the release build as well.

Sometimes in the real world it’s wiser to take baby steps instead of a giant leap.

9. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Not sure if your hit point comment was directed to my post or someone else’s.

You are correct that the trolls’s hit points don’t have anything to do with the totem’s spawns. They do have someth8ng to do with the drop rate, higher level trolls have a higher chance to drop essences, although i’ve hear dithery may all drop them all the time. And only the higher level, easily distinguishable by their hit points, will be dropping the recipes and dungeon rooms.

10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Yeah i was talking about the totems....not the Trolls dropping essence. I probably wont get anything like the recipe or room drop. Cant handle Ruined Keep solo...barely with a group. LOL. Hopefully i can buy them later. That Troll is the one i want most of all . LOL. SO i been out fighting the trolls i can and building up the essence. Maybe one day i will get it.

11. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Has anyone compiled any lists yet with known drop locations for everything dungeons related? Or people still keep it under wraps to try to make money out of it?

12. Ancestor Enoch

Ancestor Enoch Avatar

Jaesun likes this.
  13. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

So all I have heard here is that the rotunda room will spawn. Which lich rooms spawn?

14. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

Okay stupid question probably as I haven't found an encounter room yet, but does the room come with the first totem? Or is the totem something you have to create to attach to the room? I get that you upgrade it, but how to you get it in the first place?

15. spainchaud

spainchaud Avatar

You craft the totems. They go on a pedestal somewhere in the room, I think. I have 5 encounter rooms, but I have found no pedestals.

16. Alley Oop

only the fall throne room has one right now. the new ones are due this release sometime by patch.

17. Ancestor Enoch

Ancestor Enoch Avatar

Atos said on the live stream Monday they were hoping patch the new encounter rooms in tomorrow, wednesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.