Restarting and player owned towns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colm Cillian, Apr 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colm Cillian

Colm Cillian Avatar

I have been unable to play for a while now and want to re-roll my character to easy into the changes to the game since the last time I played. Will this have any effect on the ownership of my town?

Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The town is tied to your account, not your avatar. Whatever name you give your new avatar, that's the name that will be listed as the governor.

majoria70 likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Don't forget to offload your inventory and mail your gold to yourself.

Barugon and Synergy Blaize like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Be sure to put anything that is important in your bank. Just make 100% sure your character is not carrying anything that is important. Stuff like rewards and store bought stuff. Put that all in the bank!

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Mhtic700R

Mhtic700R Avatar

You might have a scroll of greater unlearning, or could buy one with 1500(15) Cotos, also exp is ez to get by now, you could play differently without reseting your skills.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome back, Colm!

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

As long as your town ownerships is account bound that will stay where it is but I agree with others since there are no skill caps why do you have to re-roll. Changing your character will change the name of the governor of the town . I really do not think this ever got fixed. Last time Baldrith the Governor of Wizards Rest played one of his alternate characters the name of governor name changed and I know he was not too happy about that. A few Players thought the town had changed hands and were concerned about that. @Colm Cillian Also Welcome back too from me :)

edited
    edited typos

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Lained likes this.
  8. Colm Cillian

Colm Cillian Avatar

Its not some much the skills I want to reset. From what I've seen the quests have been cleaned up a lot. Are there any active guilds still running around? most of what I saw last weekend was empty towns and stores that have long since run out of stock.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/guild-town-hall.37/

Guild Forum. Lots of active guilds.

A number of the “Market “ named towns are usually busy and plenty to buy. There’s many many more towns that also sell lots of stuff too.

10. dorkish

dorkish Avatar

Yes mail all your stuff to Dorkish :)

but welcome back to the game lots nice new changes and even more comming up :)

11. Edgtho

Edgtho Avatar

So wait, if i toss stuff in the bank then delete my char the items stay in the bank for the new char?

majoria70 likes this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes @Edgtho they most certainly do. Although this game does have no caps so you can learn anything and everything you like and make multiple decks for those. Like I have a healing deck with dual wands, A Fighter deck since I use a bludgeon, an undead deck that has plenty of banish undead, searing ray, and Elysium illumination and more, and a deck for elementals since they run and heal so I added lots of ranged and charges to catch them, and I do have decks with town clothes while I'm hanging out in town perhaps working on a project like my jump for joy or School of Rock. Anyway I am keeping all of what I've worked for over these years I've been here.

13. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

If you want to start out new with new character name (your second character does not need to use the same family name; however it shares your virtue value), you can also get a second character slot.
    You can move items between two characters on same account by using the bank, in-game mailing, and in-game containers.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yes. ALL characters on the same Account have access to the same bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.