Beekeeping!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Astirian, Apr 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Oh yes. That would be neat indeed.

I guess you could attach it to the agriculture system. Have hives as a carpentry craftable item. :)

Produces wax (and honey? Is honey in the game?) on a timer. Instead of "watering" it I suppose you could feed them sugar and water.

If you were mad keen you could make it its own system like brewing. In fact, with honey maybe you could make Norgard proud and brew mead!

Also if it was it's own system I guess you could put in a bee smoker. Yield based on how calm the bees are? lol

2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Absolutely awesome idea. Beekeeping, hopefully using largely existing systems, could be even more addictive than fishing. Managing bee populations, optimising yield, etc.

I understand that flower beds are about to be introduced or maybe already are? Whilst I think these will be cosmetic (deco) giving them attributes to produce nectar and pollen would provide an awesome ecosystem for beekeeping.

Royal jelly for health potions as well..

Love it!

3. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Love the pollen ecosystem idea!

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol oops it is late and I read the title of the thread as bookeeping, duh I do need to go sleep a bit ;). I think bee-keeping would be fun and could be a part of agriculture like we could plant a bee keeping colony which is higher level of course and maybe we will get stung if we are not skillful enough.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

Love it. I think that if you put a hive on your land it should also shorten the time for crops to grow as they help pollenate it. It could also increase the chance for seeds on harvest, if you maintain the hive that is.

6. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Yes! I think that this is where the online component of SotA can really shine, in the interplay between systems. :)

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  7. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Love the idea of pollination increasing yield and/or speeding up harvesting and generating more seeds from fertilised plants. This has to happen now! Best SOTA new feature idea I've heard in ages and as said above, right in keeping with the current system interactions.

Cassandra Corax and Astirian like this.
  8. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Thanks Steevo! :)

9. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Bees.....I so want beees…...Ive posted this before...and ill post it again..and again...and again...Salem has an exceptional crafting system, seeds, breeding, potency, fertailizer..so many interconnected and DEEP systems....Why cant SOTA have it too..theres no reason why not....

Astirian and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Also wanted this since forever. The only issue I can see is with wax. Wax is considered a fuel in crafting so Portalarium won't want us to be able to harvest much of it since crafting fuels is a gold sink. On the other hand, beekeeping would also be a gold sink in the same way that we have to buy nearly all seeds for agriculture. So if the costs balance out enough.. maybe we could get some wax.

I'm particularly interested in harvesting honey. Not just as a food ingredient but honey also has some medicinal qualities and could be used potentially in alchemy and with bandages (when those finally come in).

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Its the bees knees.

Astirian and Cassandra Corax like this.
  12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I support this only if crafting allows us to make dogs with bees in their mouths, and when they bark, they shoot bees at you.

Astirian likes this.
  13. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

The beekeeper NPC should be called Mr. Burns! Hey Port if we don't get the beekeeping can we get a Mr. Burns the Beekeeper NPC in Port Graff please?

You could sell a lot of beekeeping cosmetics too I'd wager. Like protective suits, ornate bee smoker etc...

I thought about that yeah... I'm sure there's a very good reason why fuels aren't craftable and are a gold sink but my knowledge of economics is terrible. But it's just another form of earning right? Like you mention with seeds, if they made the gold/time cost of investment high enough and measured modest ROI then surely it opens up more options for the game...

Chris seems really smart with economics though, I'm sure they can come up with something! Such a good avenue for expansion. :)

14. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Yes please - think of the benefits like Tseramed Arrows, naked mamas and papas, and all that jazz!

Astirian and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.