Solid Game after a year off.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brink1123, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

Hey guys I have taken a break from this game for a while and recently returned.... I can say i am honestly impressed with the progress. I love the different tears of the zones like an 10+ tear area and the random encounters feel much more alive. also i love the fact that the passes can now be walked through, and the teleport to zone scrolls is a game changer. and i almost forget the "open world bank box" is a yessssss.... so many changes for the better...... I enjoy playing this game now. However i would like to see some love sent to the pvp community my biggest draw back is the fact that there simply is not enough opportunity to engage in unscripted pvp combat. If we could find creative ways to encourage or promote meaningful pvp it would be the icing on the cake or us pvp folk..... Anyway Good job on a game well done.

gtesser, Mhtic, Sentinel2 and 20 others like this.
  2. Titania Xylia

Titania Xylia Avatar

In-game pvp ranking is up next, so there's going to be an in-game leaderboard. I think that's going to be huge for the community!

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Welcome back. :) I'm glad you're enjoying your time in game.

Please define "Meaningful PvP"

For the record, I support changes to encourage PvP and satisfy those that partake... But, in my experience there is no consensus in the PvP community over what constitutes Meaningful PvP. Many changes and improvements to the game have been made in the name of Meaningful PvP, yet the same chorus is repeated often and loudly.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome back! PvP is on the roadmap in several ways, including the Obsidian Trials getting a queue I believe. You might actually see me in there once that happens.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome back @Brink1123. Yes so much has been happening. Also I do hope they drop in some timed areas for fun to capture flags and take over an area. I'd like it to also include daily quests and the event is 2-3 times a day for all time zones. Raids are key to making it a fun thing to do, well all imo. I miss the excitement I felt at Wintergrasp since I am not a huge pvp'er but I don't mind participating in an event such as this and of course no ransom can be included since that wouldn't be the challenge of something like this. The trials were the perfect opportunity and haven't heard if these got improved.

Another thing I would love is a timer we could place like a horn that goes off and a timer shows on screen. I have created a jumping course and it would be great if I could place a timer that starts a challenge. Also anyone visiting Wizards Res and the jumping course could also click on it to enjoy the course since it is for everyone to enjoy. I have the cache treasure chest placed there too so anyone can use that to have a little fun.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome back!

7. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Welcome back to New Britannia!

I started playing a wee bit before all these new changes began. I agree that things are better than last year :cool:

Here's to the next year /cheers

8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Welcome back to SOTA. I will just touch on the “Meaningful PVP” from my perspective.

I am sure you can find a way to access two great player run battles held this year. @Antrax Artek hosted one in January at New Heaven, @CatherineRose hosted another last month in Dragomir Mori and plans are under way to host one later this month if possible in Luna City courtesy of @Spinok and the Shadow People. PaxLair and hopefully others soon as well.

Many other changes to stimulate PvP have also been put in play due to @Chris being involved and making the “no-ransom/loot option for POT owners. You can bring your best gear to these and get the adrenaline rush without the cost.

We are heading in the right direction to feature meaningful PVP along with other quality of life features to increase player population which benefits the player base and Portalarium.

R/Boris/El Pirata/Black Sails Forever.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You're back just in time for them to break all the textures in the game.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

Meaningful definition having a serious, important, or useful quality or purpose.
    PvP Player Versus Player combat

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Completely correct, and utterly useless for this purpose. Congratulation.

What specifically will make Player vs. Player combat in Shroud of the Avatar be serious, important, and/or have a useful quality or purpose?
    Your answer should be acceptable to the majority of those who wish to partake of PvP in SotA.
    Please provide documentation to support your answer.

I have nearly 60 years of Pedant experience... I can play the game with the best of them.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  12. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

I am not the designer and or owner of SOTA therefore I can not be tasked with coming up with ideas for making the game more enjoyable to play for pvpers. If you would like a solid answer on that I would contact to the Dev Team.... but I do have some suggestions not sure if they would be popular ideas or not. IMO ONLY I like the idea of faction wars maybe the owls head is fighting kings port. the winning faction gets some type of superficial title or exp perk, or discounted npc vendor prices.. what i dont like IMO is scripted pvp what i mean by that is organized pvp tournaments, duels, Arenas are the worst. THATS WHAT MAKES pvp feel so fake IMO of course. I would like Pvp to have of some TYPE OF IMPACT on my future or the game world state. Everything i just said is my opinion only. (and dont worry i do not have the power to make any changes.)

Dhanas and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  13. Brink1123

Brink1123 Avatar

Sorry it takes me so long to respond, My post are awaiting moderator approval before being displayed that takes like a day or 2. Thank you for your patience.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I believe some sort of faction stuff keeps creeping closer. Raids should be around the corner so when we have big (staged RP, so you might not like it as much) pirate vs. cabalist battles, at least we have teams instead of squads.

Castle sieges, still holding out high hopes for those.

gtesser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.