DarkStarr please consider making a policy before/when launching "the Vault" 25APR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spoon, Apr 8, 2019.

?

What do you think? (multi choice)

Poll closed Apr 29, 2019.
  1. Portalarium needs an Official Rarity Policy

52.2%
  2. Portalarium does not need an Official Rarity Policy

8.8%
  3. Portalarium needs a Reserved list of things that never will be sold again

49.3%
  4. Portalarium does not need a Reserved list of things that never will be sold again

10.3%
  5. I think the Vault is a great idea, I will definitely buy expired stuff if it comes back

30.1%
  6. I think the Vault is a bad idea, I will definitely need torches and pitchforks

28.7%
  7. Arrghh, my valuable collection...... Nooooooooo.....

16.2%
  8. There is no Spoon

17.6%
  9. Portalarium please listen to Spoon, Save the Whales

16.2%
  10. Portalarium please ignore Spoon, make corsets for the crown store

9.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arn Magnusson

Arn Magnusson Avatar

As a newer player, the idea of bringing items back to the game I never had a chance to purchase, is awesome. Artisan tools, Crown vendor items that have vanished with the arrival of the Crown shop all come to mind as missed opportunities for newer players. So now Portalarium, wishes to bring some of those items back, so players have a chance to purchase them again or for the first time, I think that is wonderful. As I look at the entries in this thread, I see a lot of opposition the the Vault idea. which as a new player I find troubling. Portalarium is trying to generate new revenue for the game, and also provide players new and old, more choices and opportunities, to support the game, which I agree with. I have traveled around Novia and do my best to support the in game economy, but the reality is, I cannot find many of the previously offered items for sale in the game, thus the Vault would help out newer players like myself.

Looking forward to the 25th update and the addition of the Vault.

K1000, Jason_M, jschoice and 3 others like this.
  2. Sketch_

Sketch_ Avatar

Great, glad to hear from you, as a newer player.

My question, though, is how did you vote in the pole? I personally chose "There is no Spoon".

3. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Artisan tools were pledge items, so as Darkstar described, should not be returning. Prosperity tools probably would come back like they did in the bundles.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Please do not take this as an attack but why did you not support the game earlier on ? It has been around for almost 6 years?

Is it nice that you can now obtain some of the items that where avail then sure but the only ones should be things like the Tables and tools that provide an asset so oplayers can craft of do whatever.

Pixel Crack and decorative items should never be "reissued"

So now I am going to ask why you feel you should be entitled to obtain items that I received as a Quest teism for being here and cacking the game from R1 - R50? or persistence. The Rewards for each and every month and they are called exactly that Rewards, for backing the game each and every month.

As I said I accept that they are being reissued with "tags" I still do not like it but accept it.

Since Port. has decided to take this stance each and every item they reissue proves that they where never really rewards but as is being said over and voer a means of revenue.

With this stance they are proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are doing it to make money and it is also why they are going to lose the trust and support of a significant portion of theor player base. The ones who have been here since day one and have put up prob well over 80% of the fund for the game.

Sorry but any new players is and number they bring in are NOT going to offset the lose from those who are just going to stop "supporting" them.

BTW all thos crafting tabnle where also "pledge items" do not try and give me crap about benefactor or founder flags on them the table itself is the issue.

Please understand I am not attacking you but am seriously curious why you feel how you are entitled to what a lot of us obtained for our support and loyalty.
    This applies to anyone else who supports "reissuing"

Bom, Vladamir Begemot and By Tor like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

That's the only correct answer.

Astirian likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not everybody knows that this game exists.

Elwyn, Arn Magnusson and Jaesun like this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

obviously, but I did not ask you I asked him.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Public forum.

Arn Magnusson likes this.
  9. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I honestly do not support it either, but either I don’t let it eat my soul or I just throw it all out. Again, it is pixel crack like you said and I have drunk deep from the well, and I try to enjoy what time is given to me to play.

Again, there are probably better ways to accomplish items to make them distinct, but have a similar function. Even in UO Rares, there were value differences between the same object but depending on if it was the right hand view of its isometric position or the left hand view.

10. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I mean it's a heckuva way to double down on the original bad idea of bulk "rare" production that attracted far too many folks planning on making a profit off the game pushing the devs to focus on player RoI instead of fun far too often.

The game only has so much goodwill left and sometimes I swear the devs must be holding brainstorming session to come up with the most efficient ways to convert it to funding.

As for the vault, what the heck toss everything in it, exclusives, limited time only, the whole shebang and price it in IGG, with stupidly high prices for more "rare" items. It's time to face the fact that new players aren't going to save RMT and that letting what's left of the playerbase taste what they were never going to achieve is probably the best way to wring out some cash at this point.

Woodchuck and Weins201 like this.
  11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

hahAHAHaHhahahaahaha!

Dear devs,

please make sure there is a kitchen sink available for sale in the vault. i would like to purchase a kitchen sink.

[​IMG]

12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Only if they add a package "Everything but the kitchen sink" that buys everything in the store but that item. "Kitchen sink sold separately."

Jaesun, Spoon, By Tor and 1 other person like this.
  13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

a golden kitchen sink !!!!!!

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. redfish

redfish Avatar

With a gold faucet?

Spoon and Woodchuck like this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

No, only a gold drain. The faucet is iron.

Jaesun and Woodchuck like this.
  16. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

taking pre-orders!!!!!

[​IMG]

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

So, funny side story. Some people who were rennovating a house they just bought, here where I live, found it cheaper (and probably higher quality) to bring their sink in their luggage than buy one here.

They literally brought everything, AND the kitchen sink.

Astirian and Woodchuck like this.
  19. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

I never realized how grown adults could feel so strongly and passionately about items in a video game that in a blink of an eye can go away if the Port had to close up shop. Having a system that identifies the item as "not original" or "from the vault" should be sufficient . Providing the community a n official list of retired items would also be helpful.

K1000 likes this.
  20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You don't get it......it's not about the items. Its about promises that were made which are now being broken. It's about promises being made that led people to spend more money, people spent the money and now those promises are being broken.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Aldo, Onyx, Sea Bear and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.