Developers please consider increase daily XP bonus for login from 10k to 1kk adv XP.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinok, Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

That’s 1 weekend but feel free to divide that out over a month that’s like 7m a day that’s pretty casual in my book.

Mishikal likes this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Already stated the problems, people will just make alts and log them in once a day and in 125 days have a bunch of level 100 toons. As well you will have a bunch of high level players who dont know how to play. Your friend who only plays a couple hours a day and does not want to do any work to get exp to grow with, well, maybe mmos are not the type of games for them then. Even is he was leveled up, what would he do with his levels if he doesnt really want to play anyways?

3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

What is the benefit of having 8 alts ? As professional in multibox activities in SOTA I could say, its very hard to use even two characters simultaneously adventuring if you don't use "broadcasting" which is equal to botting.
    P.S. Also i know the reasons to use 2-3 high level alts, which is good to eliminate need of instance respawn, but its not a problem to get 2-3 high level alts in present environment, so nothing would be changed.

4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

If your goal is to shorten the gap, I’d suggest it’s better to create content that’s entertaining and rewarding at low levels so it does not feel grindy and fun for newer players. If it helps start them off with 100k xp but I’m not even sure that’s needed or a good idea. I’ve never played a game that’s as generous with xp as this one is.

Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Selling them, making different characters for different situations as all you would need to do is log on and you could grow them all 1 mil a day by doing nothing. There are miners who use like 6 dudes all mining at once.

Mishikal likes this.
  6. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

If they are not botting 3 is a maximum, adding fourth will make your income less then if you use 3 miners. So if they use six they are botters, or they are too lazy and uncompetitive.
    P.S. Also when it was bug with ore respawn(log in-log off), it was possible(you don't need to run from one room to another) now I hope it fixed and you need to run, running by six without botting is ineffective. I would not call names but a lot of guys who have good reputation used this if you saw guys log in log off in mines he used it for 99%.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Mac2 likes this.
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Maybe, I dont know, I am not a multibox miner. I really wish the devs would do something, anything about the logging in and out thing, not just for the mining, but the other things its being used for right now. All day all I see is *name* offline, *name* online.

Spinok and Weins201 like this.
  8. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This may make a lot of sense for episode 2, if all episode 2 content is going to high level content.

But I would not do this until there is more high level content. Already too many tier 2 - 4 zones for the amount of time a player is at a level that these are worthwhile.

You are just accelerating players to a point where they by pass half the content in the game.

Now if there is an exercise in re-tiering more of the lower level scenes, then do this. It would make sense then.

Regards
    Spung

Boris Mondragon, oplek and Spinok like this.
  9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

i support this suggestion! :)

crafting XP is hard to get, please give daily bonus crafting XP

Daily XP:
    - free 1,000,000 adventure xp
    - free 1,000,000 crafting xp

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    Brass Knuckles likes this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

why stop at 1 million? How about a free 500 million every day? Even better 2 trillion! Then I could get everything to level 200 and "beat" the game.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is one more massive point to Make, "Casual" player do not really care about this. I call myself "Casual" sure I play often but I do NOT GRIND for exp or skills and I have worked with skills at 80 for almost over a year before I started to work them higher.

Decay is gone.

There are zeros reasons that anything over the 10K is needed. ZERO, ZILCH, ZIP, NADA

now if you want to give us a Mill once a month for Producer sure Ill buy that but Adv. NO WAY.

Mishikal likes this.
  12. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I have to echo the sentiments of others here - it is already very easy to level, even as a casual player. Between the doubling of the advancement rate and the addition of scenes like UT people can achieve in hours what at persistence took weeks. Why would someone who plays casually want to just blow by all the casual content and put themselves in 'grind mode' from day 0? I find most 'casual' players don't care so much about the XP and are more 'stop to smell the roses' types anyway - perhaps because they have to be, since they'll never compete with the 20-hrs-of-UT-per-day folks anyway.

I hate that the game has become all about how many hours of "ut time" one is willing to stomach these days.
    You're asking that a 'free UT' be given out each login, what's next? Instant lvl 100 chars at creation for a small fee?
    Sure, some people would like it I have no doubt, but it cheapens the experience.

Sota's always been a marathon. If you make it a sprint, you just get to the end sooner and its time to move on.

13. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

This - I rolled a new alt a couple days ago - 3 UT runs, some reasonable gear and some time at the Ardoris training dummy and he was mining in Etceter Crag comfortably on his second day in game.

FrostII likes this.
  14. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

i don't go to UT ...

15. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

UT's nice, but there's plenty of places to earn XP at a quick rate that can be done solo. Is it *as* fast? Definitely not. But it's plenty fast.

Scanphor likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've been killing naughty brats in east sanctus forest. It's boring and the loot sucks but the XP is really good.

Woodchuck likes this.
  17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’ve never been there either. And never will. :)

Woodchuck likes this.
  18. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you should, there's the whole rest of the scene downstream that most people never see. good cotton picking.

Mishikal and FrostII like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Why not, @Jaesun ?

20. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Spinok
    Your thread title here is: " Developers please consider increase daily XP bonus for login from 10k to 1kk adv XP. "
    That would be 1 million xp's daily, is that correct ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.