Black Sails Saga - Part 4 - Kahli and Beyond

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Boris Mondragon, Mar 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

... Kahli, a small hut ...

Ariel reached the door and waited for Samael.
    "Who is the old one of us?", she said, smiling.
    Samael made a short gesture with his thumb.
    "What now?", he asked.
    Without a further word, Ariel opened the door, saying: "Solis"

The upcoming light revealed the man, wrapped in his dark cloak ...

Samael stepped by, out of breath.

"May be you knocked at the wrong door?", the man said while he turned around.

"We don't think so ...", Samael began.

The unknown man threw his hood back. So they could look into his smiling face ..."

"Paladin Michael!", Ariel shouted surprised.
    "Good evening ...", he answered in a special manner, not roughly as nice as his face tried to look ...

[ to be continued ... ]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  2. Paladin Michael

... Kahli, a small hut ...

Ariel asked: "What's going on here, Michael? What does that mean?"
    A little hesitantly he answered: "Businesses"
    "What business are you talking about? What happened? Why did you just disappear?", Samael wanted to know.
    Again a hard smile with a cool look. "I wanted to get the map!"
    "Catherine, Trinity and Boris told us what happened, it was not your fault!", Ariel said.
    "So they told you?", He laughed.
    Ariel looked worriedly at Samael.
    "Well, you finally got the map back - the real map - let's go.", Samael said.

Paladin Michael took a deep breath. "You know nothing ... I still have some work to do before I can leave this place - preparations must be made."
    "What preparations?" Ariel asked.
    "That - my friends - I can not say, sorry, it's too dangerous."

"All right, then give us the map while you take care of whatever.", Samael replied.
    Another soft laugh. "This map is the key to my preparations ..."
    Ariel took a deep breath. "Tell me, why did this Desiree just give you that map, why should she steal it first and then give it back to one of us, that does not make any sense ..."
    He nodded and grinned. "Oh, yes, it makes sense, even great sense, when you know about things, but excuse me now, unfortunately I have to leave you now."

"Not until you tell us what's going on!", Samael said firmly.
    The man they knew as Paladin Michael looked amused. "Well, you wanted it that way! The answer, friends, is behind this door."
    "Which door?" Ariel asked. "There is only one and it is behind us!"
    He grinned even wider. "There are also doors that, let's say, lead to the vertical ..."

Everything went very fast. While the supposed paladin Michael showed his thumbs down and Samael and Ariel followed his fingers, Samael shouted: "Ariel, a Trap..."

They lost the ground under their feet and fell into the darkness while a cold voice called after them:
    "A trap-door! Good journey and greet your friend from me, he has served me well. " A roar of laughter accompanied the downfall of Ariel and Samael as the man pulled his hood deep into his face and went out.

His goal: the hiding place of the Obsidian medallions ...

[ to be continued ... ]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  3. Paladin Michael

... somewhere in the dark ...

Fortunately the fall ended fast. Samael and Ariel weren't hurt badly.

"Oh, my old bones.", Ariel said.
    "Solis.", Samael said with a kind of pain in his voice.

They looked around. An uncomfortable kind of cave ... straw around.

"Let's get up and out as fast as we can!", Ariel said unpatient, "how could we have been so fooled!"

Samael sighed. "We believed he is our friend ..."
    "He IS our friend, Samael ... well, I suppose, I assume, I . . . I thought so ..."
    He saw tears in her eyes. "I REALLY liked that boy!"
    Samael nodded. "Me too. But first, let's get out of here - than we have to inform the others about his betrayal ..."

They got up to their feets, there was only a small passage, leading from this cave ...

After a few minutes they stepped in another room, which looked more comfortable, but there was another problem.
    A huge iron grating prevented to go on. They were prisoned ...

Ariel tried to shook them ...
    "Hard as iron!", Ariel said.
    Samael nodded. "May be the reason for is, they are made of iron?"
    Ariel smiled. "Oh Samael, I was so ... I was a fool ..."

Suddenly a voice was heard from behind.

"Not more than I!"

Samael and Ariel turned around and froze.
    Someone crept out under a blanket.
    This couldn't be!
    While Ariel couldn't say anything, Samael shouted: "Paladin Michael!"

[ to be continued ... ]

4. Paladin Michael

... somewhere in the underground between Kahli and Ravensmoor - a kind of prison...

Before Paladin Michael could answer anyway, Ariel took two very fast steps forward and slapped him.
    "Ouch!", Paladin Michael shouted. "What was that for?"
    "For fooling us!", Ariel replied.
    "Fooling you?" He shook his head. "I was fooled. I just had enough time to send the magic pigeon. And I assume - now that you are here - it found you???"

Ariel looked at Samael, Samael looked at Ariel. He nodded and smiled.
    "Tell us, please, Michael, what happened?"
    "I - I don't know exactly. The battle of Dragomir Mori - I ran after the thief. But unfortunately they were too much. I summoned Icy and sent the pigeon, and than ...
    ... they tortured me and wanted to know where the medaillons have been hidden ... I told them nothing ...
    ... but what I know is: the plan to awake the most terrifying thing - and therefor they want to sacrifice me, well, may be now it means ... us ..."

Ariel shook her head with her hand at her mouth. Her eyes laughed while she smiled and she hugged Paladin MIchael. "Sorry, my friend for this slap. I should have trusted you more."
    "Both of us ...", Samael added. He laid his hand on Michael's shoulder. "My friend, you will understand, after we told you what happened ..."

[ to be continued ... ]

5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

It seems we are but waiting so often for answers lately.

We have not heard from @Paladin Michael recently but hopefully we will hear what Michael has learned on his trip to Owls Head.
    He may have traveled even beyond there so the time is long but hopefully not much longer.

Surely we will hear from @Adam Crow soon with an answer that Boris requested he be the official
    point of contact in that vast land of Kahli. Especially since Adam has an outpost in Kahli so he knows the area quite well.

Boris just sent me a note telling me about his meeting with Malice in Kahli.

He sent me a note with instructions to coordinate a full attack upon the towers we had visited together
    when we first buried the artifacts in Kahli. @Vicious Malice made it known that we were not welcome
    there and instructed us to leave. He since set up a meeting with her there.

"Boris, I mused, you seem to have a knack for finding trouble."

Yet, I know that this possible attack which may be imminent is what may be quite necessary
    to find the answers for which we have been searching.

The top deck of the Misti Sea will be a good lookout toward the open sea.
    Captain Boris will be seen when he rounds the bend of Port Dragomir.
    [​IMG]

Captain Stu Gots, Captain Alpha Fishsticks, Captain Trinity,
    Captain Monkeysmack and Captain Paulie Walnuts
    have all been advised that we may be entering into a full attack on the Obsidian Tower in Kahli
    if Captain Boris is not back or at least sent word as to his welfare in 3 days time.

Today is the 2nd day.

We wait.

6. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris left Kahli with more questions than answers. He hoped the conversation with Malice would lead to a solid lead and the capture of the man or woman who received the stolen map. He found the quickest path to Kingsport where the "Dragon" was docked and boarded his ship quickly. He barked out orders quickly as time was of the essence. His thoughts dwelled upon the safety of Adam Crow and others he trusted there.

"Rzaulah, set course for Dragomir immediately before we start an unnecessary war. Jack, keep your sights set on our sail back, we do not want to be followed nor caught unaware by any Storm".

Boris stepped into his stateroom and sat down at his desk. He took a piece of parchment and a quill. He hastily wrote a note to the Pirate Queen.

"Lady Catherine; I have news from Kahli and we may with the assistance of one lady there find out who received the stolen map. Do nay worry for Razulah had informed me the Medallions have to be activated with Primal Magic spells and rituals that are unknown to any but him. I shall be back at Port Dragomir within two days and all is well as can be. Please advise Captain Trinity that I would wish for her to sail the "Tempest" along with the 'Dragon" towards PaxLair upon our arrival and resupply. I want to question the traitor Desiree myself and must visit that beach where my travels in this land started. I have dreamed of much insight I will gain once at that beach. Regards, Boris.".

He sent the letter attached to a black seagull knowing Lady Catherine would receive it.

Two Days Later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Boris saw the sunrise yet again as the "Dragon" entered Dragomir Bay and docked. He had many disruptive dreams on the sail back to his home port and they left him somewhat perturbed. He dreamt of a war in Kahli and another in Luna City. He also dreamt of Lady Malice Lanart and this dream was so intense than upon waking he had to pour a bucket of water over his head to regain his senses. He would have to be very careful with his weakness for exotic women and the potential disaster it could bring to Dragomir and other lands if he fell under her spell. He realized that behind many lovely dresses and perfume lay jackals waiting for him to slip.

7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Adam was hiding in the bushes near one of the obsidian buildings in Kahli. He had spent the last several hours searching the area, but still had found nothing useful. There were however some fresh footprints in the dirt surrounding this building, so he decided to camouflage himself in the bushes to discover who had made them.

He was about to move on after hiding for nearly an hour, when he barely heard the sound of someone approaching. As they got closer, even though they were covered with a dark robe and hood, Adam could tell it was a man from their size and posture. They were walking straight towards his hiding spot in the bushes, and for a second he wondered if they could see him in the shadows. Luckily they veered off towards the building as they grew closer and made there way to the door at the back of the building. The hooded man reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring of keys and Adam leapt into action. Quickly and silently he positioned himself behind the man and whacked him in the head with the butt end of his dagger. The man fell to the ground unconscious and Adam quickly dragged him to the bushes and removed his robe and secured the keys. He quickly put the robe on over his clothes and muttered, "Luna-Hex-Xen" He looked down at the now naked and mesmerized man, but didn't recognize him at all.

After hiding the man in the bushes, Adam stealthily made his way to the back door and by trial and error found the correct key to allow him entry. As he quietly shut the door behind him, he could hear footsteps coming his way. He quickly scanned the room and saw a doorway to his right with stairs leading downwards. The footsteps were coming from the hallway straight ahead, so he hastily made his way down the stairs to his right to avoid being detected. As he searched around in the shadows, it quickly became apparent this area had been mostly deserted for quite some time. As he traveled further and further down the spider infested corridors, he could see the path others had taken before him through all the cobwebs.

Eventually Adam found himself staring at a large iron door in one of the corridors and started trying the keys to unlock it. After finding the correct one he slowly opened the door and could hear voices. As he stepped into the large room he was stunned to see Ariel, Samael, and Paladin Michael staring through a large iron grate at him. "What the hell are you guys doing down here?" Yelled Adam with a surprised looking grin on his face.

"It's a long story, we can tell you all about it after you get us out of here." replied Ariel.

Adam looked around at the metal grate and didn't see a doorway or gate to unlock. He scanned the nearby walls and there was a large stone lever just a few feet away from the doorway he had entered through. After pulling the lever down, the iron grate slowly descended into the floor and Adam held his index finger to his mouth to quiet the others before they began to cheer. "Let's get out of here as quickly and quietly as possible, follow me," he said in a hushed voice as he turned and headed towards the doorway.

The group managed to sneak out without any issues and quickly followed Adam to Boreus Village. He locked the gate and lead them into the basement of the nearby guard tower.

"It's safe to talk down here, and of course make yourselves comfortable. I'll be right back, I'm going to go tell my chef to bring us some refreshments."

As Adam re-entered the guard tower basement, he looked eager to hear any news from the others. He sat down in a nearby chair and they began to discuss all the recent events while they waited for the refreshments to arrive.

8. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

:::Xenos:::

Horses.

The high spirited ones stamped their hooves and shook their manes when in a corral. Nostrils would flare and they would have an air of impatient excitement about them before a battle. Though there was disagreement amongst the riders whether their mounts could sense when a battle approached, Fionwyn knew they could. Today, she was the horse in the corral, nearly stamping with impatience as she watched @Robros Reh leap once again from the highest part of their home. War is coming.

"Want to practice your healing skills?" He was practicing his safe fall and he asked her the question with a grin as he ran past again to leap over the edge. I love that grin of his. But she was in no mood to heal. She needed to tell him about what she had stumbled into. So she moved to a bench and calmly waited for him to finish. Inwardly though she was anything but calm. The horse was rearing up.

" You're home?!" Rob was away for weeks at a time and had only returned from his latest merchant excursion the night before, just in time to see the play, "Daggers in the Dark." She was happy to find him home and so her worries would have to wait...for a little while longer anyway.

"Why yes dear. I just docked the Wyldwind. I saw your note that you had a business meeting tonight so I decided to get some training in."

He came to sit with her and they both looked up at the stars. Fionwyn found herself in his strong embrace so she did one of the things she enjoyed doing best - she put her head on his shoulder. "I took a chance that you might see the note," she replied. "After seeing the play with you last night I thought perhaps, hoped really, you were back for more than a day."

"I will be home for a long stay my love as the ship will be in dry dock for retrofit of new sails. We will be able to spend a lot more time together. "

They spoke of intimate things, of hopes and dreams, but in the back of her mind she needed to tell him of what transpired with CatherineRose and the seductress Desiree.

"While you have been away...I seem to have gotten myself into a war against the Obsidians. Not just a simple battle, but war."

"Hmmm, leave it up to the young lady to always find a new entity to hone her skills of battle upon. So tell me of this new war that we are now in my love."

And so she did.

"I feel like I am back on Arda dealing with the forces of Mordor."

"The followers of the Obsidians are like most tyrants my love, that is why they all look the same. So what is it that must be done? Who is leading the effort against this scourge?"

"CatherineRose and Boris Mondragon."

I don't know how to fight this war without a mount beneath me, but with my beloved at my side I will be the wind on the meadow.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  9. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

"My Lady go with me now to Captain Trinity's ship
    as we begin
    preparations for these coming days."

"Captain Trinity, Captain Boris sent word that he wishes you to sail the Tempest, along with the Dragon, toward PaxLair once he arrives back here in Port Dragomir. "

"Once they resupply the Dragon he wishes you to sail along with the Dragon to PaxLair. His intent is to question the traitor,Desiree, himself. It is because of her actions all of Novia will be in war again. This time the battle could be far more reaching.
    He plans on arriving here in less than two days now."

"My Lady! They are here! Is everything ready?"

I keep thinking about every time I woke last night
    I saw a black figure, in the beautiful land of Kahli, with green eyes
    that seemed like they were saying something to me.
    Every time the figure was beginning to speak I would wake.
    This happened three times last night. Each time I felt sick at the bottom of my stomach.

Now, the sun in all it's warmth brought the new day. Much must be done today.

Yet, my heart seems so uneasy as I think about Primal Magic spells and rituals.
    Razulah is the only one who knows this ancient knowledge.
    I do not understand this uneasy blackness that seems to overtake me.

"Hello Captain Alpha Fishstick."

"Yes, Captain Boris and Captain Trinity are heading toward PaxLair today to interrogate Desiree."

"Captain Boris wants to interrogate her himself.
    They should be there within three days time if the winds remain in their favor."

"There must be something that Lady Fionwyn and I missed after locating Desiree in Kahli. Something just does not seem right.
    He and Razulah will, along with Captain Trinity find out more than what just seems to be the truth when they arrive in PaxLair."

Since they left this morning I once again saw this creature
    but this time it was more than a dream.
    The first time I saw what looked to me to be either a
    baby dragon or a very large bird.
    He was muttering something under his breath but
    I was not close enough to understand what he said.

This morning right after Captain Boris, Razulah and Captain Trinity left
    I again saw this strange creature.
    [​IMG]

I heard his name! "Karuton". This time I could hear his words
    or at least a portion of them.
    This time he said "You believe Desiree because of the story she told of her parents being in danger. "You are indeed such silly humans. "

"You cried with her like an idiot with only female emotions."
    "You do not know that that was part of her training ."

"You were fooled by her just as the training to seduce Captain Boris worked so their ability to train to seduce worked on you."

"You were tricked and seduced into believing a false story. That is the way of all men even from the first man who walked in Novia."

"That is why the Obsidians have been able to grow in power over the centuries. "
    "Korabor, my great leader, knows of you foolish humans."

"He is even greater than you in his knowledge."

"However, we also, except for the corrupt ones do not wish our world to be
    ruled by the power of the Obsidians."

"You have many corrupt ones fooling you as well."

"You must learn to keep your emotions and lust balanced with truth and love
    or there will be failure."

"My people have great knowledge which we have used for centuries to build cities which far surpassed equipment than any you small Novians have built."

"Now, you are chasing after a woman that the Obsidians trained."

"You may even trade your Primal Magic knowledge for what you believe will keep you from war in both Kahli and even PaxLair. You are so foolish."

"There is nothing you can do now to keep war from either Kahli,
    Luna City or even from PaxLair."

"Our knowledge of a great tunnel system, which we are continuing to build,
    will be greater than any of our inventions built in the future.
    They are being built all over Novia."

"Even now you can see me and hear me because I come from Shrekk through Kahli into your town of Dragomir by way of this tunnel."

"You think you have built this grand tunnel all alone."

Go to Shrekk and you will experience first hand this glorious city we have built."

Go, then, to Kahli by way of the magic tunnel and there you will see that the Obsidians have the power and numbers to destroy all you think you have."

"Come with me now to Kahli and you will see."

"Unless you, Duchess CatherineRose the one the Black Sails
    call the Pirate Queen,
    control your feminine emotions when you hear a sad story or
    you will be part of the cause of these great wars and
    there will be no success in your endeavor to rid Novia of the evil Obsidian.

"Captain Boris knows there was some thing amiss and is on his way to PaxLair to seek the whole truth of this one named Desiree. Pay close attention to the words told you as you continue in you plan to succeed against the evil Obsidians."

"Do not allow your heart to rule your mind. Let this be a lesson always before you Duchess CatherineRose, the Pirate Queen in this land of Novia"

"There is a magical place under a hut in Kahli which we will follow from Dragomir to Kahli.
    You will see where your friends, Paladin Michael,
    Samael Ariel fell into a cage in a hole."

"You will understand that Captain Boris with Razulah
    must and will protect the knowlede of this Primal Magic.
    This magic is the key to the power the Obsidians are attempting to gain."

"Come. Bring Captain Alpha Fishstick, Captain Stu Gotz, Captain Paulie Walnuts, Captain Monkeysmack and Adam Crow as well"

"You will see when we arrive in Kahli the wars that are about to come to pass in both Kahli and PaxLair."
    "You will see that the Obsidians will not stop at just Kahli in this war but
    will continue into Luna City for an even greater battle."

"They will not stop there in their determination
    to rule through communication and power all of Novia."

"Their plans are reaching far more areas than eve n the ones I mention."
    "These rumors of this evil have reached even into my city of Shrekk."

"Korabor our great Kobold leader sent me with this mission today.
    So it is that I, Karuton, have come to bring you here at this time."

"Stand here and look."

"Do not be blind as you see this land of Kahli. Do not give up!"

"Captain Boris Mondragon of the Black Sails, as well as you, Duchess CatherineRose, the Pirate Queen, continue together,
    with the rest of the Black Sails captains.
    Captain Trinity, Captain Stu Gotz, Captain Monkeysmack , Captain Paulie Walnuts and
    all the great warriors across the land, go forward
    toward your goal to rid our Novia of this great evil."

"I, Karuto, the kobold completed today's mission and must return to Shrekk ."

We stood there and watched as Karuton straightened his disturbed feathers once again and muttered and hissed under his breath

"Silly Humans!"

He then disappeared into the tunnel's darkness.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  10. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris spoke to Razulah at length about Malice and their conversation. He wanted to know if this woman could be trusted enough to be taught primal magic though he already had a hunch of what Razulah would say. They both walked downstairs to that hidden passage where their two cualdrons were hidden. Razulah pointed to Boris and he took the four coconut shells himself. He went through the salutations to the spirits, blew whiskey on them then asked the questions as he dropped the four coconut pieces in from of them. Anyone initiated into the Primal Magic could perform this simple question and answer without going in depth using the 21 blessed cowry shells. His question was simple.

"Nganga, va con licencia "" Can I trust this Lanice Malart to get me the information to the receiver of the stolen map and the secrets of the Obsidian bases".

The coconut pieces feel and scattered in a small circle. One shell up and three shells down. a firm "no". Razulah looked at Boris and laughed. "You knew that already Captain yet knew you had to ask and I see the reason why. Out of the three shells facing down I see one on top of the other which means something is hidden from you. I would still continue the exchange of information with her yet give her one or two minor spells that cant hurt much and will scare the life out of her" Razulah grinned at Boris who grinned right back.

He prepared the ship to sail and was almost done with the resupply effort when he decided to see if Captain Trinity would go along. He wanted her on the voyage not just for her seamanship but also for her keen skills in interrogation. Boris walked over to the "Tempest: to talk to Trinity but was stopped by Peg. "Captain Mondragon, Captain Trinity is tending some business endeavors and cannot see you now but asked me to tell you to go ahead and she would meet you at the first stop in Ardoris."

Boris nodded and gave the signal to sail as soon as possible. The resupply effort was finished and the signal was given to raise the anchor. He needed to find that one spy he had in Ardoris. She would provide him with information as to who and whish ships had arrived recently as well as supply him with some special herbs he would use for the interrogation.

One day later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A smooth sail due East from Dragomir until he passed the Twin peaks then south and east again. Two days later the Dragon was docked in Ardoris. He found the tavern he sought and found Draulius the barkeep who smiled once he recognized the Captain. A brief interchange of information and a small gold pouch exchanged for some of the most exotic herbs in Novia then Boris was on his way back to the dock. Again the signal was given to raise anchor and two hours after they docked they were sailing East again and made a northward turn once the passed the Tower of the Shuttered Eye. The current from the south took them as far as Hometown where they docked for the night. Boris hoped Trinity would catch up to his ship there as this was the usual route from Dragomir to the Brittany port. They would be near the PaxLair coastline soon and his final destination was Serenity Isle.

Boris took his Captain's log making the daily entries then turning the page for the next day which he had labeled "Serenity Isle".

11. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Trinity had learned many things from her trainers and expert tutors.
    She also learned skills from nature.
    Her love for birds taught her how they never showed weakness.
    Birds will never show hurt or sickness until there is no hope of further survival.
    A bird will seem fine from outward appearance and then fall from the tree 'dead'.
    No one ever knew there was a problem.

Trinity is an expert of being like a bird.
    No one, not even her best friend CatherineRose knew how badly she was injured.
    During the Battle of Dragomir, she sustained several broken ribs and various wounds, cuts and bruises. These injuries would incapacitate most warriors but not Trinity the She Devil.

When Desiree Orchidea was escaping from the Dragon, Trinity tried to tackle her.
    Desiree kicked Trinity in the ribs (the broken ones).
    If Trinity had been fully healed, a mere woman would have never been able to escape from her grip.
    But the kick into her ribs was so painful, Desiree got away.

Trinity had to go to her father's Fortress of Solitude to obtain the necessary healing.
    She met with Peg and put him in charge of The Tempest and she left for her secret place.
    Trinity told Peg not to tell anyone where she had gone.

But... Today,
    Trinity returned to The Tempest.

Her ribs were repaired with some theurgy, wizardry and necromancy.
    Her strength was better than ever.​

Peg briefed her on the state of The Tempest, her crew, Dragomir and the Obsidians.
    He told her of Boris' request for the The Tempest to meet the Dragon in Ardoris.

Trinity asked:
    "When did the Dragon sail?"
    Peg said it had sailed 5 days earlier.
    But was to make several stop in Ardoris, Hometown and one other port on the way to Serenity Isle.

Trinity thanked Peg for the briefing and started shouting for the crew to prepare to sail.

Trinity asked Peg to meet her in her ready room below the helm to review the map.
    When Peg arrived Trinity had the map on the large table and had the course plotted in orange chalk on the map.

[​IMG]

Trinity said:
    "Boris had traveled south from Dragomir to Ardoris and around Novia to the east coast."
    "That is the normal route to the north because the ports are 'friendly'"
    "They are accustomed to seeing supply ships arriving at ports"
    "But that is the longest route to Pax Lair"
    "We will be traveling quickly and light and will go North from Dragomir"
    "We have enough supplies onboard to make the journey without making port along the way"
    "Full Sails, the wind will be at our backs all the way"
    "The North wind will take us past Platinum Keys to WestEnd and into the Naryad Channel"
    "When The Tempest exits the channel we will be North of Novia near the Isle of Valhalla"
    "The winds in that area are favoring out continued journey east"
    "The only area requiring tacking is in Spendrift Bay."
    "We will need to schedule shifts around the clock to be there to meet the Dragon"
    "Peg, once we are underway, get some rest and be ready to take the helm on the second shift"

Trinity left the map on the table and went to the helm.
    "Full Sails"
    "Release the bow and stern docklines"
    "Push off and man your stations"

The sails fill and The Tempest begins the journey to rendezvous with Boris and the Dragon.

Trinity smiled knowing soon she will be able to repay Desiree.
    It had been years since she had used the "Catherine Cradle".
    Trinity named it after her friend CatherineRose.
    She designed it for some of her 'special' guests.
    Unlike her usual penalty of removing heads, this was designed to inflict pain without immediate death.
    After a few minutes in the Catherine Cradle the 'volunteer' <giggle>, will tell you everything.
    [​IMG]
    The Catherine Cradle has a special cone that inserts into the participant.
    It is made using the Eye of Naturamans that enhances the effect and keeps the cone lubricated.
    That makes it more effective and painful.

If Desiree only knew...

########################

Edit ICC: I misspoke in calling the chair "Catherine Chair" it should have been "Catherine Cradle".
    I have corrected the wording in the post.

The chair is more of a Cradle than a Chair since the volunteer is 'cradled' when using it.

Also, now I can call it "Cat's Cradle"
    p.s.

The 'cone' is adjustable per gender!

ROFL :D

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  12. Paladin Michael

... guard tower basement ...

We sat around with Adam Crow, grateful for his help, and reported what had happened.

From the battle in Dragomir Mori, to the persecution of map thieves, to my imprisonment and torture.

Then the supposed return of 'Paladin Michael', my changed nature, the persecution by Ariel and Samael to Kahli and the trap they fell into ...

And then the happy liberation by Adam!

"We should go to Dragomir Mori soon to tell Lady Catherine Rose, Trinity, and Boris Mondragon.", Ariel said.
    "That's right," Samael added, "after all, a shapeshifter wanders through the land unrecognized ..."
    I nodded thoughtfully. "And we do not know in whose shape he appears next!"
    "Not to mention who's really behind it!" Adam replied, "better, we'll leave soon, friends!"

"Wait ..." Samael said suddenly.
    "What, Samael?" Ariel asked urgently. "Your gaze does not promise anything good ..."
    Samael smiled. "Well, friends, it's like this: our shapeshifter is moving in absolute safety, he thinks we three are his prisoners, why should he let Michael or, ultimately, the three of us live?"
    "Because he might still need us?", I replied.
    "He will sooner or later come back!", Adam responded excitedly. "That would be our chance to grab him and expose him!"
    Ariel nodded devoutly. "Yes, it would be conceivable, the only question is, how long would we have to wait there until this happens ???"
    "That's right again ..." Samael answered.
    I smiled. "Maybe just until he finds out someone knows or has somtehing, what he wants so urgently ..."
    Adam nodded. "That could work..."

Samael added, "Despite all this, we need to get involved in a longer wait, friends. Would you be ready for that?"
    I nodded. "There are far worse partners to dwell with each other".
    Ariel smiled. "And wait, if you're the same age as me, a few days more or less do not matter ..."
    "We should hurry, before they notice your escape!", admonished Adam to leave.
    Quickly a few supplies were packed, which could be kept in the backpacks for a few days.

Adam brought them back to the underground jail ...
    At the prison bars, he said, "I will haste to deliver the message to Lady Catherine, Trinity and Boris, and as soon as we can, we'll try to get the misinformation to the Obsidian Mages, and if we catch the shapeshifter sooner, I'll free you immediately. My men will be around! "

With a wave he turned around with best wishes from Ariel, Samael and me ...

... Meanwhile ...
    While Adam Crow rushed for Dragomir Mori, Boris Mondragon and Trinity set off for Pax Lair ...

[ . . . ]

13. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

They had docked on the PaxLair dock and Boris asked the crew to stay put. He walked for a few minutes form the dock and remembered the rock next to the beach. He took off his shirt and hat as respect for the Sea Goddess. Night had fallen and he waded in to his knees before he kneeled in the water. The memories came back to him in a flash as the moon rose. That cold night when he washed up onshore not remembering what happened as his ship had gone through the vortex to this land except the sound of wood splintering.

He remembered how he got up slowly and made it to the docked longboat where he took shelter from the wind. The next morning when he walked into the Inn and everyone looked at him like they had seen a ghost. Some looked at him in disdain yet one name @NANOC took the time to leave some food, weapons, armor and gold along with a note. In all his travels in Novia he would come by to see if that friend was still living there to pay him back for all he did. The next set of memories hit his as a wave splashed onto his kneeling body. The oath he took that day to thwart every Obsidian plan in this new land. He had made many friends and enemies along the way yet at this moment in time he was at peace with himself and wondered if this return visit to this sacred place was a foreboding of impending death. Another wave crashed upon him and threw him back onto the sand in the same position he had originally when he washed ashore that one day. He looked back at the direction of the wave to see the luminous creature emerge from the water and smile at him.

"Boris, you needed to remember your start so your fame and glory to come does not get to your head and distract you from your true mission and it was not to seduce every lady in Novia but to destroy every Obsidian plan to rule the realm with tyranny and oppression"

Boris laughed at the first comment form the Sea Goddess, took a bow in respect then winked at her as he walked into the tavern. He walked to the bar as the occupants looked at him and muttered "Pirate", he dropped a large sack of gold on the counter top and asked the bartended to buy all drinks for that night on his behalf. He turned to the table from which the name of pirate was ushered and spoke quickly with a smile on his face.

"Not just Pirate. I am Boris Mondragon, Fleet Admiral of Dargomir. The same one who will come to save your arse from the Obsidians so remember the name and face".

He turned and left heading for the "Dragon". Once onboard he told Razulah to sail for Serenity Isle. They had a prisoner to question and hang from the gallows if necessary.

14. Peg

Peg Avatar

Sunandai Julius 15, Somur 563 PC Early Morning
    Light Rain with a storm on the horizon
    ::: Serenity Isle :::
    The Tempest and her crew were exhausted from the long journey.
    The winds had been favorable and The Tempest had arrived in Serenity Isle before the Dragon. Apparently, the strong storm that had blown in from the west assisted The Tempest in speedy travel and also delayed the Dragon sailing from the opposite direction.

Captain Trinity gave the order to anchor offshore. I and Koa would take a long boat to shore and investigate the situation and ask about Desiree Orchidea.

We arrived at the main dock just before sunrise and spoke to the Town Crier.
    He said that Desiree Orchidea was no longer in Serenity Isle.
    The Town Crier said he witnessed CatherineRose and Fionwyn Wyldermane put her on a fast travel boat to PaxLair.

Rather than waste any time searching for answers in Serenity Isle, Koa and I returned to The Tempest with the news.

Captain Trinity gave the order to weigh anchor and set a course for PaxLair.

Sunandai Julius 15, Somur 563 PC Midday
    Heavy Rain, High Winds, Storm upon us
    ::: PaxLair :::

As The Tempest reached the shores of PaxLair, the storm that followed us on our journey, reached PaxLair. The winds and rain were intense and I was glad we were near safe harbor.

Captain Trinity ordered to anchor offshore until we could analyze the situation.
    She instructed me to search for Desiree in PaxLair and if I found her to bring her back to The Tempest for questioning. Of course, I know how Captain Trinity questions prisoners so I had no doubt this would be any different.

Captain Trinity retired to her stateroom to rest after the long journey.

I and Koa took a long boat to shore to search for Desiree Orchidea.

We asked the Town Crier about Ms Orchidea and he told us we should check the local brothel above the Tavern. We cautiously approached the tavern and saw a lady matching the description in the tavern soliciting drinks.

Because I am a handsome pirate, (compared to Koa) I took the lead and approached the lady and offered to buy her some rum. She was excited to see a new target in town and readily agreed. After the first drink, I asked her name and she said she was Desiree. I told her I had a lot more rum and gold if she would accompany me back to my ship.

You could see her eyes light up with the thought of getting some gold and more rum.

Koa and I escorted Desiree back to the long boat and aboard The Tempest.

When she was on board Koa and I took her to the top deck to prepare her for interrogation by Captain Trinity.
    I introduced her to Cat's Cradle and told her how it was used.
    [​IMG]
    I don't know if it was the rum or my description of how the Cat's Cradle was used but Desiree started staggering and fainted.
    [​IMG]
    While she was laying there, I had the crew place her into the pillory which faced Cat's Cradle. When she came to, she struggled from the sight but could not get free from the pillory.

Koa and the others took turns taunting her with descriptions of how painful it was and also doused her head with buckets of water which made her shiver from the cold. She cried and whimpered like a wet dog.

We were just about to remove her clothes and have some fun letting her try the Cat's Cradle when we were interrupted by a loud voice.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR ARE DOING !"
    … Oops​

15. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

Sunandai Julius 15, Somur 563 PC Evenigh
    On the torture deck of The Tempest
    Rainy, cool, windy.

The loud voice they heard was that of Captain Trinity.​

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR ARE DOING !"

Captain Trinity appeared to be very upset over the way Desiree was being treated.​

[​IMG]
    Her crew had apparently taken it upon themselves to torture the guest.
    She stamped her feet on the deck and yelled obscenities at Peg and the others.

"How dare you treat a guest of mine like this!"
    "I should have each of you strung from the yardarm"

[​IMG]
    As she shouts at them, she pulls her wand out and shoots a harmless fire arrow into the water.

"Release her immediately!"
    "Give her some dry clothing"
    "Bring her to my stateroom so she can bathe"
    "I will prepare some hot tea so she can recover from this ordeal"

After pitching a fit on the deck,
    Trinity descended to her stateroom
    She would prepare a bath for Desiree.
    [​IMG]

"Soak in the hot water as long as you need"
    "When you have relaxed and are warmer I have some hot tea"

Desiree was a bit confused about what had just happened.
    One minute she is about to be tortured and the next relaxing in a Duchess' tub.
    She was so relieved that Trinity rescued her. She was not going to question the motive.
    The water felt so good compared to the drenching of the cold sea water.
    For a short time, she dozed and dreamed.

Trinity had taken the dry clothing and laid it out for her to change into.
    Once dressed she saw the Captain sitting at the table with hot tea.
    She asked if she could join her and Trinity said:
    "Please do, would you like milk or honey in your tea?"

[​IMG]
    Trinity continued:
    "My name is Trinity"
    "I am so sorry for the way the crew treated you"
    "I am the Captain of The Tempest"
    "We have just arrived in PaxLair from a very long journey"
    "I'm afraid my crew are a little rough around the edges from the journey"

Trinity and Desiree talked for a bit about insignificant things.
    Desiree seemed to be more relaxed and seemed to enjoy the tea.
    [​IMG]
    "After we finish our tea, I have prepared a small meal"
    "If you don't mind, I have invited a friend of mine to join us"

Desiree had no idea that this was all a ruse.
    The actions by Peg and the crew were all planned.
    It was like the 'good cop' vs 'bad cop' method.

Peg and the crew were to intimidate her and Trinity was to save her.
    Hopefully this will allow Trinity to gain her trust and reveal the information she wanted.
    The hot tea that they were enjoying was delicious.
    Trinity's tea was spiked with rum, but Desiree's tea ...

Trinity mixed up a 'special' tea for Desiree.
    Desiree's tea is made of a special blend of hallucinogens.
    1* (See note below for the formula)
    The mixture enhances her ability for truthfulness.
    The tea will put her into a relaxed trance.
    This will make her trust Trinity.
    The effects last about 10 days.​

As Desiree becomes increasingly drowsy:
    "You seem very tired"
    "Would you like to take a nap on my bed?"

Desiree lies on Trinity's bed and is soon sound asleep.

Perhaps this will help Boris to discover the truth.
    She will be much easier to control while this drug is active.
    . . .
    1* note: (One part 'Sarpa Salpa' (sea bream) with 2 parts Gigartina (red seaweed) and Boldo Leaves)
    Produces a mild hallocinogen

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

After sneaking the others back into the underground cell, Adam quickly made his way back to Boreus Village to speak with his guards. He filled them in on the current plan to try and capture the shapeshifter and told them to keep an eye out for obsidians or anything strange coming or going from Kahli.

As he departed for Dragomir Mori, his mind began to ponder what had just transpired. He wondered if it had just been sheer luck that led him to his captive friends or if something else had led him there. He'd spent enough time in this land to know that things aren't always what they seem.

He was out of scrolls, so he decided to just run straight there. One of his favorite differences about these lands compared to his homeland of Earth was how much faster he could run. Before leaving the village he had drank a potion of wolf speed which helped him move even faster than normal. He also kept applying the dash spell, which was the first spell he had ever learned when he first arrived in these lands. Between those and the added speed he got from playing his fleet flute, his pace was comparable to the speed of a car back on Earth.

As he pulled into Dragomir Mori, he went straight to the docks to see if he could find Boris. After taking a quick look around the docks he realized the Dragon and the Tempest were nowhere to be seen. After talking with the town crier and a few of the locals he was able to gather that the others had traveled to Serenity Isle. He found some teleportation scrolls for sale on a nearby vendor and purchased a few. Adam was anxious to tell the others what was going on in Kahli so he activated the scroll and quickly disappeared toward Serenity Isle...

17. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

:::Serenity Isle:::

Fionwyn felt the need to train. She had grown soft and complacent the last year. Weak.

Ever since she had helped CatherineRose hunt Desiree, she found her thighs quivering to again feel the power of a mount beneath her. The quivering was not a good thing either for even those muscles, sinews that had once been like steel ropes beneath flesh, had grown weak from lack of riding. Unfortunately, nothing had changed with the horses she kept. They were the dumbest animals she had EVER come across. Even the foals showed no proclivity toward learning which she found bizarre in the extreme.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lack of intelligence? Check. Inability to move when saddled? Check. Unable to learn even the simplest commands? Check.

Her horses did nothing but eat and make manure piles that were unfit for fertilizer. She loved them anyway. Yet she wondered how it happened that in a world where saddles were a priceless relic, every single horse breed had become such incredibly dim-witted creatures. Had to be the damn fecking thrice cursed Obsidian rotters and their perverted magic that killed their brains. BAH!

[​IMG]

It was all Fionwyn could do to not fly into a rage the likes of which none in Novia had ever seen. She may have changed the hair on her head from red to the yellow of Rohan, but her Dunlending blood was a wild fire that was held in check by sheer force of will.

She took her palomino, Bema, for a run outside the gates. More for her sake that that of Bema. When she arrived at the dock, Boris Mondragon was just disembarking from one of the small boats. In the distance she could see his ship. Fionwyn wondered what ill tidings he brought with him, however she said nothing. She was in a "mood". It wasn't his fault the horses were bereft of even a modicum of cleverness.

"Good evening lady Fionwyn. 'Tis a pleasure to lay eyes on such a beautiful lady once more."

"Boris Mondragon, what brings you here?" was Fionwyn's simple reply. He had caught her off-guard and completely unprepared for any kind of visit. Bema was nuzzling her hand looking for another apple slice.

"Had to dock offshore, the water is too shallow and my ship won't fit. I come to question the traitoress. My last reports had her held captive here for "questioning"."

She was taken aback, but managed a soft smile and a gentle reply, "You are a charmer. Thank you for thinking so highly of me. As for Desiree, she is no longer here." Drats and bother! CatherineRose did not tell him we let her go?

"Desiree is no longer here, Boris. Let's get off the dock and I'll explain." She led him to the campground and they entered, The Tavern in the Tree. "Here is the long and short of it - she told a sad tale. CatherineRose and I let her go on to Pax Lair. No, I wasn't fooled, I followed her."

They spoke for a short while, perhaps to get the measure of each other, perhaps because fate had ordained their paths to cross and they were going to have to trust each other in battle.

"Do you ever realize why I am so brutal? I have to be, for Obsidian brutality must be met by the same! Any sign of weakness will lead to our downfall and slavery." His voice was dangerous, compelling. She felt sorry for any man or woman who crossed him.

They spoke about other things, but all the while Boris seemed anxious to get to PaxLair. Before he left though, Fionwyn extended her hand, "Shall we make a pact that we both will do what we must to keep this land safe? I accept you for who you are, will you accept me?"

"I have always accepted ye and never have nor will judge you." Then Boris took her hand and kissed it respectfully.

As is the way of her faraway people, Fionwyn took his hand, turned it upward and kissed his palm. Her token of comrades-in-arms. "I will support you in whatever it is you must do."

"Milady please help locate her and I will do the rest...I must find this woman and will be in PaxLair. I'll then take her back to Kahli, by force if necessary! We must all fight as one to rid our lands of this evil, even if it's only for a time. I suspect it will never leave us completely."

Darkness creeps back into the forests of the world...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  18. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Boris had returned from a night of entertainment in Immortal City where many gathered tonight and told stories as well as enjoy a few drinks. He had a brief conversation with @CatherineRose and @Fionwyn Wyldemane on how Desiree Orchidea had been released in PaxLair. Boris could still not understand what led these two battle hardened women to believe the story she told them. It was irrelevant now as he would make sure to have Desiree talk without physical torture. He took his time walking back to the docks of PaxLair and stopped in front of the Tempest.

He noticed Peg on the dock next to the ship and approached him. He noticed the man avoiding eye contact with Boris and that was troubling. He grabbed Peg by the shoulders.

"Peg, look at me, is something wrong? Did something happen to Captain Trinity or Desiree?"

Peg nodded no yet looked like he had not recovered from the tongue-lashing he and the other crew members had received. "Captain ….."

"Peg, I do not want to know what happened here, this is the Tempest and whatever happens on the Tempest needs to stay on the Tempest. All I want to know is if your Captain is awake, I need to take Desiree with me. I need two black hooded robes and two day supplies for me and Desiree. I will be back in one hour. Have someone knock on your Captain's chambers and let her know I will take the guest with me to Kahli."

Boris waslked off the "Tempest"s deck and back to the "Dragon" where Razulah stood barking out orders to the crew in his usual way. He was amazed at the leadership ability and poise of his second in command and knew if he died that the "Dragon" would be captained by a formidable man.

"Razulah, do you have the tea ready. I know Captain Trnnity gave Desiree something to calm her down and rest. She will need that rest as what I give her and take myself once we arrive in Kahli will be a different story. Send a black seagull to @Adam Crow and let him know we are on our way to Boreas Village and will meet him there."

Razulah nodded and came back a few minutes later. "Captain, here is the powder which must be heated with hot water. You have used it before and know how to handle its intensity, let me know if you want me to come along and guide you both on this "journey" and I can guide you both through it".

"No Razualh , you must stay here and be ready to take this ship if we do not return. Send another missive to our Pirate Queen as we need the entire fleet prepared to sail if necessary. I have a feeling the unearthed artefacts have been stored somewhere in a fortress and we must discover where that fortress is and retrieve them. Let them think they can use them although they cannot in the inactivated state. I will contact you as soon as we know more after our "Journey".

Boris took his battle gear, swords and daggers. He looked at the two Shards of Night which were coated with poison prepared from Dark Unicorn blood. Someone was going to die a horrible death in Kahli or maybe with any assiatance from @Vicious Malice many lives could be spared. Only the future would tell the outcome.

He headed back towards the "Tempest" and looked at Captain Trinity who was on deck with Desiree. Desiree smiled at him and he knew she was still under the effect of the calming tea.. He looked at Desiree's eyes with a stern face. then back to Trinity.

"Catptain Trinity, I cannot thank ye enough for all you have done for me. You saved my life back in New Heaven and now captured the woman that stole the map. I would ask you to come with us to Kahli but I understand you have more important business to attend to. The offer still stands as so does my promise to never again bestow unwanted advances towards you. Be prepared to lead the Dragomir Fleet if I do not return and to always guide and protect Dragomir Mori, our Queen and the fleet. Please let Lord @Sean Silverfoot know I give him my thanks for his assistance and I shall return here soon as I am done with this errand."

Boris respectfully bowed to Captain Trinity, took the two hooded robes and put one over Desiree's head letting it slide down her body to conceal her completely. He donned another similar robe and both walked away from the "Tempest". The moon was full and under the cover of night they would take the road to Brittany and onwards on the ferry to Kingsport.

An uneventful trip to Kingsport and both arrived as the sun rose over the horizon. As they walked to the entrance to Kahli, Desiree looked at him with fear. The tea was wearing off and she made a move to escape. Boris took her by the hood which she had lowered and dragged her to the ground putting one of his Shards of Night on her throat.

"Look wench, you may have fooled those women back there in Serenity Isle and PaxLair but you do not fool me. Smell the scent of the dagger, I will kill you in a second and then take your corpse back to Paxlair. I would hang you then while dead for your parents to see you. You will do as I tell you when I tell you. Do you understand?"

He saw her tremble and knew she would not run away or face the unthinkable. She had brought out his dark side and would be in for one unpleasant ride.

They entered Kahli and headed for Boreas Village. The entered and opened the door as the guard recognized Boris who had lowered his hood. Once they knocked on the door they found Michael, Samael and others having dinner but Adam was not amongst them.

'Michael, where is Adam, I bring this "guest" with me. please make sure she has food and water. Let her rest if she wishes as tonight we head out towards the place the artifacts had been originally buried"

Boris took out the pouch and began to boil water in a kettle. He knew how to prepare the "Tea of Truth" and remembered the ingredients from his first time preparing it under Razulah's guidance.

Banisteriopsis caapi, mimosa hostilis, vinegar and water. This tea would last about 5 - 10 hours and would led the one who took it discover their purpose in life. He watched the water boil, pulled the kettle from the fire and dropped the powder in it , stirring it slowly until it was dissolved. They would take the tea an hour before departing for the deeper regions of Kahli. He watched the sun descend while looking at the impressive hills of Kahli knowing tonight would be a dark night.

19. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

After being alerted by Jenna Juggs the barmaid, to a woman being led away from the Dueling Archers Tavern by pirates, Sean jumped to action. He sent out a call to those of Pax et Amor and another runner to @Sol Stormlin and @John Gault of Pax et Fortitudo for assistance.

Sean was furious as he headed to the dock followed by guardsmen from numerous PaxLair guilds. "PaxLair is a neutral town, no one drags or takes anyone against their will from here" thought Sean.

Sean could see the lights of a pirate ship out in the bay, he chose to start with the ship that was docked. A few pirates got ornery and their smoking bodies lay on the dock. The other pirates moved aside and the ship was searched. Nothing was found.

To the boats, head to the pirate vessel out in the bay. Be quick about it! *Sean thought of the cool tankard sitting back at his table, it only infuriated him more*

20. Trinity

Trinity Avatar

::: Early moring on The Tempest :::

Trinity had just gotten to the helm and was enjoying her morning tea.
    A shout from Koa in the crowsnest:

"Longboats approaching from the south with weapons drawn."

Trinity raised her spyglass and observed several longboats rowing toward The Tempest.
    She saw a flare from the Dragon alerting 'caution'.

Peg was on the mid-deck and announced he could see several armed men.
    Some had swords drawn and others were carrying polearms and torches.
    [​IMG]
    Trinity shouted to Peg:

"These boats are carrying crazy men."
    "They are bringing swords and polearms to a cannon fight"
    "LOL"

Trinity shouted to Peg:
    [​IMG]

"Ready the cannons."
    "The target is the longboats."

"Aim the first shot high and the second low."
    "If they continue approaching sink them all."
    [​IMG]

Trinity knew being cautious and anchoring in the bay and not at the dock was a wise choice.

She was amazed that anyone would attempt an attack on a ship from longboats.
    Peg ordered the two shots.
    "Fire in the hole"
    "Fire One"
    "Fire Two"

[​IMG]
    The longboats stopped rowing and were still in the water.
    A white flag appeared from the lead longboat.

"Peg, it seems they got the message"
    "Keep the canons ready"
    "Hail the lead longboat to come near with only two men"
    "You know what to do if their motives are not honorable"

PaxLair, En garde !
    Red Pill / Blue Pill?
    ...to be continued

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.