Weapon and Armor Engraving Tools

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rogosh of the Zog Cabal, Apr 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogosh of the Zog Cabal

Rogosh of the Zog Cabal Avatar

Would Weapon and Armor Engraving tools be out of the question? It would be really nice to personalize items like we could in UO. If the counter argument is that people would be irresponsible and engrave them irresponsibly my counter to that is, we can already rename bags and backpacks.

For RP purposes it would be really handy to be able to personalize weapons such as naming them to help with certain rp plotlines. It would be great if we could get a 10x use item for around 1000 crowns.

Alioth, Vicious Malice and FrostII like this.
  2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Item affinity is incoming, so, for example, a sword that kills 1,000 Wolves becomes enhanced as a wolf killing weapon, and so on. I haven't seen anything stated whether when an item gains an infinity that it is renamed or can be manually re named. My guess it will just state something like Crit vs Wolves 10% in its pop-up stats, I hope not.

Anyway, my point is I'm not sure how manual re naming will synch with item affinity if we're given a name for an enhanced weapon, like Wolfsbane or are allowed to select one when an item achieves an affinity.

3. Rogosh of the Zog Cabal

Rogosh of the Zog Cabal Avatar

Yeah, that's not what I'm really talking about though and I'm not sure if it would interfere with that.

Item engraving in UO did not change the whole name of the item. It simply allowed you to inscribe on the item either a very brief personalized message or one word. If we were able to rename the item in game completely that may be easier to code.

I would even be willing to use a service voucher to go towards renaming of a weapon in game.

Alioth likes this.
  4. Vicious Malice

Vicious Malice Avatar

Imagine you want to create a RP story or player-run quest, where the main objective is to find a certain item. The object in question could be a very ordinary player crafted item, but it has gotten its own name, its history, its quest. I really really like this idea.

An additional idea: Perhaps the probability of dropping as ransom in PvP could be increased for named items. This would make them more rare and valuable, a nice prize for PvPers and a natural way for RPvPers to obtain a quest item in a player run quest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.