Criticism Thread and loot drops

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Sure ..just saying that making drops like lets put a weapon that does gazilion dmg and its best ingame is one quick short way to ruin a section of the economy...that aside theres lots of ways to improve the loot system ...like weapon/armor modifiers .... anyway i had many threads with loot suggestions , and i read many other threads from people with great suggestions ... sadly we got stuck with the supply bundles which was in principle a good idea ....but when you draw the line what does a new/old player see when looting ... i got 1 supply bundle vs i got these 5-10-15 items some useful some not so much one that is great .

Scanphor likes this.
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It actually makes it even worse that they are the best bows in the game and can be mwed and enchanted. There's no point to using anything else because they're the best. So it will slowly ruin the bow market. Eventually everyone will have one and all the other bows aren't worth making anymore.

If we go that direction for other items eventually crafting will be obsolete and the only thing to do is grind bosses with a tiny chance at a must have drop. That sounds horrible to me personally.

Retlaw, Jaesun, Alioth and 3 others like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Two diffrent issues here the penetrator is OP as hell the power curve for that bow is broken. Possibly a t4 component could balance it out though.

Crafting will never be obsolete mw and enchanting is as important as the item the difference is finding cool drops and bringing more people to the game or stick with the current system till everyone quits except our elite crafters.

Side note since you got me all distracted with xen, where are the comparable swords, maces, Wanda, staves and axes dropping? Nope just two top tier bows....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    FrostII likes this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

They aren't there because it makes no sense in this game and will destroy crafting. The xen bow shouldn't exist either.

Sorry didn't mean to distract. I agree loot needs to be better. But not things like you mentioned in the OP. Things that drop and can be used will be like the xen bow and they don't make sense here.

5. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

All of the devs need to play the game. Too often there is a massive disconnect between their intent for systems and the in-game reality.

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I was never talking about broken gear like the xen dropping, the system we have now IMOP has doomed the game. I fully believe people have quit or pass up playing because they find loot drops terrible. There is a huge % of people just like me who loves to improve their gear with lucky drops. I’m not talking about farming dolus 1000 times for a hood I’m talking boom you loot a t10 lich and wow a pair of gloves I can actually use with the proper mw and enchanting. Prob with lower durability than crafted gloves so they recycle faster.

These are my opinions I respect yours as one of the elite crafters in the game. Many of my pieces come from your Novia market vendor. I’d much rather of found my gear threw hard fighting and rare drops than buying off a vendor.

I have no satisfaction from gear I’ve bought off a vendor, I would have satisfaction if I had found that item off a mob though.

FrostII likes this.
  7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Thanks for the complement, what kind of gloves would you hope to find that you could just start using? Can you be more specific with exact stats and durability?

Jaesun, FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

It’s not anything specific but I want to chance to find something accidentally and randomly I’d actually like. Now there is 100% 0 chance of that happening.

I get that you and Elrond and other crafters love this game I get it, but soon it will be a game of just crafters and dancers :) maybe a few fishermen/women.

Like I said above we have a report card already it’s the player base. Some people will say it’s the questing some will say it’s the pvp I say it’s the loot system that’s the biggest culprit.

We can have a good loot system and support the crafters at the same time I believe.

Almar and FrostII like this.
  9. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I love this game for many reasons, but the crafting system we have currently isn't one of them.

If you cant give us an idea of what you want to find how can you expect something like this to be implemented? If you can give me a general example of an item that you can find, and would want to keep, then maybe I can give you a better opinion if we can make it work with crafting.

But if you yourself can't even come up with stats for one random set of gloves, how do you expect the devs to implement something like this.

I'm only asking because I really don't get what kind of item you're asking for as drops.

Jaesun, FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ok well the possibilities are endless, if you were asking me and I’m not a dev I’d suggest using a rng system say I’ll use the gloves example. I find a pair of gloves with a rng roll to +8% death magic damage and + 6% mace skill. If I played a macer death mage and once Adam crow mw and enchants it I’d be super happy. If I played a fire /swords mage I’d sell it on the market you could them buy it fix it up and sell it to someone who could use it.

Could be gloves that improved stealth % pvp power pve resilience anything with a rng system.

%life steal
    % aoe damage etc

Dbl rolls possible %8 death and %4 death etc

Or in the example of a sword : u get %3 life steal and %5% life steal if you gemmed that with life steal plus the enchant to life steal that could be a interesting build item. Low damage but great tanking item. Could even break it down further to individual skills vrs say swords to %8 thrust dmg %8 bezerker stance effectiveness.

I’m sure someone smarter could do better but you asked :)

11. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

It might be nice to just use crafting for customizing a bunch of specific stats/bonus damage from droppable equipment.

12. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

That sounds incredibly complicated for this team, but I like it. Would be cool if you could salvage them too for a small buff you could put on crafted gear.

If those items had crappy durability it could help add a gold sink to keep them repaired as well.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I never pretended to be a dev though I do pretend to be a player. I want my phat loots!!

Adam Crow likes this.
  14. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

But what happens if you don't want to craft? What good loot is there for the regular adventure types? I thought bundles were a good drop, until I only found cake and potions. I'm finding out quick that loot is lacking a lot.

Almar and Brass Knuckles like this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Ur suppose to take those 200 rusty swords ur not excited about vendor them and shop for a sword ur still not excited about but the dude selling it to you is when he gets the you’ve got mail symbol.

Hillt likes this.
  16. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Chris already stated they want to add more loot type bundles ...maybe in the future well see more

- green resource bundles - chance to drop ore, wood, scraps...
    - brown furniture bundles ... with maybe a small chance to drop a store sold furniture item .

but i think what most warriors would like is stuff that helps them improve their existing armor/weapons ... not replace them but build on the current system ...

They already announced T3 gear ( possible new ore types) for ep 2 hopefully it will work hand in hand with stuff we have in ep 1 and not gonna be something like screw ep 1 we gonna build everything from scratch in ep 2 so we can end up in ep 3 the same way we started..badly.

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Or convince crafters to sell good gear into the loot tables.

18. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Crafting is great and I support the sentence "best item should be crafted by players", said that, I still agree with @Brass Knuckles , we need more meaningful loots. We can improve it without disturbing the crafting system, example dropping exceptional crafted stuff without any mw and enchanct could be cool, and it involves the crafting too, it doesn't need to be a realy high chance to drop, but still a chance is good. Another good solution can be having more artifacts/items like Warlock chain, that require lot of different components and high crafting skill for get the chance to have it exceptional and for enchant/mw it.

Also we need more item like Xen, I don't mean of course OP like Xen, I mean unique and droppable just from a specific mob/boss.

Brass Knuckles, Cordelayne and Hillt like this.
  19. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Yeah, that right there could fix a big piece of the loot problem if you could do it right. Currently, there is no incentive other than personal bemusement. I mean Elaina Strongbow's quest was awesome fun to watch unfold. But apart from things like that, I see no incentive to sell crafted stuff to vendors at all. If they increased the vendor buying price to be even half of the materials cost, you'd probably see a ton of better loot drops. Material cost was a sticker shock for me crafting; for a +3/+3 hard maple bow with imbued strings, it's close to 20k in materials alone. Then to vendor it for a hundred gold? No thanks, I'd just assume scrap it or give it away.

20. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I've been playing UO Outlands (free / RunUO shard). They did a complete overhaul on the game. They stuck to some original pre-T2A style but built a custom world, map, creatures, etc. I mean the whole world is different. Of course there is all the crafting and you can make GM stuff. But one huge difference is Aspect Weapons and gear. There are 8 different aspects and you can get the components as loot. It takes a while but once an Aspect set is built, it's pretty damn awesome. Here are a few caveats:
    1. The items are Blessed BUT if you dye with them on then they are no longer blessed for 24hrs. So you can't run around with them all the time.
    2. You can level them as you use them; you are incented to use them to level them up.
    It made it so there was something beyond just normal crafting. It's difficult to get and if you are silly it's easy to lose. Remember, there is open thieving and there is full PvP. My point is that they took the time to make it fun, make it worth adventuring. SotA is full of potential but they continue not to take advantage of it. :(

Fungus44 and Spinok like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.