Very serious Question for the Top Devs on the Team, progress to Eps 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

@Lord British , @DarkStarr , @BurningToad

Something just dawned on me and I am curious how sound this thinking is.

This game was supposed to the the Successor to Ultima NOT Ultima Online. If you look back at your Game History they were all stand alone game bigging middle end and enxt step.

That was how this was sold but you also made the mistake of making in (labeling it) MMORPG. by adding those tags it makes the game one that continues into persistence from phase to phase.

Sooo if I a getting this feeling that this is needed and it really is to move on what needs to be figured out is HOW do you move from Eps 1 - Eps 2.

Players who are already playing and in full force are lets just use Level 120 and can roll trhu anything.

So I see you concept to force a restart, but how.

Now look at what we have acquired houses armor, weapons, pets, resources, , , , you cannot just take everything we have don and null it.

Soooo how can all out efforts be rolled over from one to the other..

Eps, two is a whole new start, Each and every thing in 1 just duplicates and the lands from EPS to are added allowing players who bought new places to move / start from there. A new player will still have to progress from 0 but players already well rounded start to eat some kind of skill cap which IS needed.

There is no going back everything from eps is moving forward, however you are given only som many skill levels you can have active. We are not going to clear skill sbut this decision is binding for 1 week or on month.

Say 200 Active Skills or Spells, are tagged as active, 100 innates. All you items and everything on your house carries on.
    this was just a number so like 3 full combat tree, 4 full spell tres all the other ones in the focus on ned to be avail. This is no wiping them but they are the only one usable oit can be changed in a month to adjust and yall you old skill are there. THEY CANNOT be unlearned and move to take a 120 GM in Pol Arms and add it to a 100 GM in range making I 180.,

Now you can go back and redo the shard falls, make them what they should be,

Those 10+ tiers areas completer them make the a WORK t6o go from the entrance to the Big Boss and make is HARD and Viable

Sieges just toughen them up.

This will take a few months to relook at the whole idea get a good working plan and figure out what parts of the story you want to add to Eps 2 to make it a real Eps..

So part of you team needs to grnd now hard and fast opn skills not completed.

other parts balance.
    \
    aand the rest start working on scenes and changes to amkek the Eps viable.

This was you can continue the EPS 2 is a stand alone and still keep the progressive MMO RPG moniker.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Spitirual successor to the Ultima series, which includes UO.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    Jaesun, Sentinel2, smack and 3 others like this.
  3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I think the addition of a Lore skill to find out more about the history of the world would be interesting. You'd be awarded xp for exploring the world and possibly earn rare recipes or blueprints. That's what I miss about UO, some of the utility skills that help you learn more about the game and it's items, etc.

Also I think it would be cool if players could join various NPC guilds that increase the amount of random encounters. These random encounters would be invisible on the map as you wander around the overland map similar to retro/jrpg's and hopefully make the load times as quick as possible. The object would be completing various quests that are distributed by the npc guild. I'd also like to see some skills modify the behavior of the scenes, if you have high stealth skill you would be given information about the scene and have the option to bypass the scene. This would be useful if the random encounter is not related to one of the quests that you're on. If you have a high sprint skill, you might have the ability to intercept bandits before they kill townsfolk in the scene. (puts you in a better position to kill them, compared to being in heavy armor?) Perhaps you'd also have the ability to make these quests (or the npc guild itself) active and inactive which would toggle the increased random encounter function.

majoria70 and amnipar like this.
  4. dayero

dayero Avatar

Yeah, like anyone actually important with limited time on their hands will read this barely comprehensible gibberish manifesto. That - fun fact by the way - does not contain a single question mark ;)

5. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

LOL :-D

GMDavros likes this.
  6. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

gibberish manifesto. nice.

Jaesun, Montaigne and Scanphor like this.
  7. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Agreed. I'm getting up there in years, and as I was trying to read this I started wondering if I was having some sort of stroke or something.

8. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

lol..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.