Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

When using /bug or /devbug the detailed bug report does not contain the avatar name

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Kelly O'Shay, Apr 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I was just reporting another bug when I noticed again that the bug and devbug dont have the avatar name.

There are a large percentage of bugs out there in the already reported bug lists that a programmer would realize might be caused by code that does not recognise the current state of the game correctly. Perhaps one of the game state variables that should be kept handy in the code is the name of the avatar.

Now that we can make up to 10 avatars on one account, and we are allowed to get additional accounts and run them on the same machine the game code MUST recognise and use the name of the current avatar better when managing the game mechanics.

A better handling of the current avatar name would also greatly speed up the use of one pc to run two avatars at one time in two game instances. This is something that a lot of players would like to do but it makes the game run quite a bit slower when running two instances of the game on one machine. This could be partially due to the code not always checking the name of the current avatar when setting up data.

04/19/2019 19:07
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.Win.64.955.Date.04.15.19
    Area: Novia_R8_Underground02_01
    Area Display Name: Dysborg Vault
    Loc: (4.4, 3.6, 1.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfVW5kZXJncm91bmQwMl8wMXx8KDQuNDEsIDMuNTY0LCAxLjgzMyl8KDAsIDAuODQxLCAwLCAwLjU0Mil8MTE5LjAxNzJ8MTYuMzgxNzZ8MTMuNDcxMjc=

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Kelly O'Shay, i suspect this is a privacy issue. bug reports can be read by anyone on the web and while it's okay for staff to know the link between account name and avatars, it's something players may wish to keep private from other players. perhaps the bug report could indicate account number and a slot number?

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.