Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Trophy Weight Concerns

Discussion in 'Release 64 Feedback' started by Weins201, Apr 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Brewing... Strike 1
    Fishing... Strike 2
    Dungeon ???

SotA has really some really good parts but the "systems" are horrible. Brewing/fishing are great examples. All of these systems have to be well integrated into the lore, economy, crafting, adventuring, and harvesting systems. They are not. Because they are not they lose their luster really fast and become meh. Brewing is meh for this reason. Fishing is becoming meh for this reason. Dungeon Crafting is the new shiny thing, will it become meh for the same reasons?

There is NO ONE paying attention to this at Portalarium; this is why it will never be what you desire. How do I know this? Because after all the effort put into Brewing and it failing miserably, no one has stopped to asked why? Asked why to learn so they could avoid doing this in the future. Same thing is happening again in fishing land. Same thing will happen again for Dungeons if they stay on this past.

Executive Producer? Creative Director?

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Nice attack but off the mark.
    then you have no real basis to support any request. Read it has been bug reported and feedback.
    But as you say the Straw . . . . .

now notice players are saying it is the combination of little things or some "Big" thing? Either way there is failures abound.

Now look at R65 ; 2 new mini bosses with two ne artifacts ??? Candy to leads kids to the Van??? Now the pattern; the bosses are going to be FARMED in seconds and the "Artifacts" gathered way to fast. They will create some imbalance and need fixing, and then they well be to many and they will have to have amounts reduced. rinse and repeat, also I bet there will be at least one more unfinished or broken part.

way to many "straws"

3. Rekih

Rekih Avatar

I feel sorry for everyone who spent 100k+ on this game, only with your money some indie studios created awesome games. Imagine what those studios could create with $10 mil.

Eina Stein and Brass Knuckles like this.
  4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They don’t actively participate in the fourms anymore but I’m sure some of the posts are read and Jiras created.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Well I understand what the OP is saying however I feel that there are more important things to be done rather then fix some fish / weight sizes. I also don't think the title / tread is labelled appropriately. Weins201, you said you emailed support and submitted a bug that is the correct avenue to take. I am sure in time it will be fixed. Critical issues seem to be the focus and they do update threads in the bug forum when its been looked at with a # they assign.

I do think some of the small things are annoying, but I dont think these are a priority even from my view. Id rather see alot of the other major things fixed first like Quest system , Working Dungeons, Loot tables, Zone unclone (new quests, mobs, treasures)... Fish sizes are not really something that I think needs to be addressed at this time.

jschoice, Minerva and Antrax Artek like this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

another deflection, I am not saying this is a priority I am saying it is just a small part of a increasingly flawed system.

I am not concerned about fish sizes it is a very specific issue,

to many here are trying to twist it into something it is not, this is just one of MANY small items. this one is really super easy to fix just add the small / large to the trophy.

However it shows also a lack of concern for these "little" things.

8. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

The fishing trophy recipes are setup in a way to minimize number of recipes added to the game. With the old method it would have been dozens of new recipes to manage per new fish we add. Everything I do I think of how to upkeep the systems moving forward, how much data does it create for the game, and how player and developers are exposed to this data. We are changing a tire on a moving car. Nothing is easy.

Sentinel2, majoria70, Alioth and 14 others like this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

TY this deos explain a little, consider the easies route, also consider removing the diff tags and weight difference this would eliminate the problem al together, you can keep the extra lengths eliminate the tags and weight differences, this would be the easiest fix and not affect to much. Those of use who are looking at them will just have to deal with the loss and most do not care.

It is not a huge loss but leaving it in this "unfinished" "bugged" state is worse than the loss.

Remember fish re "scalled" already so there is visible difference there.

Lastly TY for the reply this is how feedback should work.

Greyfox and K1000 like this.
  10. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

11. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

My hat is off to you, good sir!

12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It seems to be possible to add metadata to the trophy crafted based on metadata on the components, so would this just be a matter of adding a "Large"/"Small" tag and populating based on the subitem? Then it could display correctly, but only use one recipe. It might not fix ones already created, but would apply going forward.

Weins201 and Alley Oop like this.
  13. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

We know its not easy to deal with a system like this, but we feel like its nearly impossible to talk with some devs about some game's issues. And that's why you found these posts here. Feedback works if both sides are involved, so its not something only good for players but for you, devs, and the future of this game.

We would appreciate a bit more participation from some devs. Just to mention one example of why we think crafting needs love is the scrolls test @Jack SinAssist and @Lazarus Long showed to Atos few weeks ago. They proved there are some things wrong since first day. This is why some players said devs are not playing enough their game, without "god" mode on or in a way a normal player would play (except Chris and Travis). Please consider this feedback as something positive for all of us. Some of these players have been here testing and playing your game for 4-5 years. Me included. Our voice alone is wasted if we don't have someone else in the other side listening to us.

/wave

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    Sentinel2, Vero, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  14. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

Let me ask, since you posted this both Starr and LB have been on. Have either one of them messaged you to tell you to keep the faith, with more money they will make things better? Have they begged you to keep up your subs and throw more money at them? With that size of a donation they should have made you an honorary devs or Something. I am so so sorry for your loss.

Eina Stein and Cordelayne like this.
  15. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

They should do a fix the bugs stretch goals!

Stretch goal one: Fix the quests. For $25 you will get this awesome "I helped fix the quests" cloak.

Cordelayne likes this.
  16. MightyUnclean

MightyUnclean Avatar

Wait, there's someone making you read these "shitposts?"

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yeah. At the moment you by quoting me back to this very specific one.
    But to be honest: it's hard to know from the outside without reading them, you know.

18. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I do not see my time and funds spent on this game a loss. I enjoy the game very much, but want them to fulfill the promises they made like custom heads. I think when they do that people will learn how devoted the team is to the game. And how we have many unique features in SOTA that make it special. Best advertising I can imagine. I remain loyal to the game and hope it succeeds financially soon. I think it would if the devs did as they promised and stopped trying to manage outcomes. Economies cannot be controlled artificially. Give good drops and fix crafting and let supply and demand do its magic.

SOTA is the only game I play. I am in my mid forties and began this SOTA journey as a tribute to my enjoyment of Ultima II, III and IV. Plus a dear friend was a backer and he was really into it, so I decided to take this journey with him. Do I regret it? Not for a second. Do I wish the Devs would do as they promised? And stop trying to manipulate artificially the economy. Absolutely.

I read much about my supporting the game financially. Some understand, others think I am nuts. Both may be right. But since I am neither homeless nor on public assistance, and since my son has all he needs, and my wife approves, I am comfortable with my expenditure. I even pay the monthly sum to help support the game. I just feel I should because I want to see this through. I ask for no special treatment from the devs (and I promise all those who think they treat larger financial backers special I have received no such treatment. In fact, a certain dev who I think is no longer around was so inappropriate to me I gave away my visit to Austin to my buddy and a few others because I did not want to meet the man. This despite my enjoyment of the company and genius of the others).

I even was alerted by a friend of an entire Reddit post about me (much of it trolling by people who don’t know me and love to question my financial decisions without insight into me at all, but some of the posts by others I did not know but whom I met and played with in game (names omitted) that were kind, honest and moving). Anyhow, I want SOTA to do well, not for my financial gain (I get nothing) but because I want to see all of our game make it.

I do not pretend my ideas are the best. I offer them to see if they get traction in the idea marketplace. I learn much from all of you, by your posts. I am wrong often; my wife keeps a list (both alphabetically and by date; an impressive excel spreadsheet that is cross referenced and cited to outside authority).

But I feel if we all post our hopes, dreams, ideas and complains, the marketplace of ideas we as players offer here will help the Devs make this game as great as it could be. I hope they do. I lack the skill set to program the microwave, let alone code: but this team can do it, benefitted immensely by the feedback we leave here on the boards which represent thousands of hours of game play by a wide range of players. That information is priceless, worth far more than monies I spent to support the game I play and love.

Sorry for the long post. I wish all well. When I am gone, I hope to be remembered as a man who worked hard, played hard and tried to be kind to others. I have made many mistakes, including snippy posts on occasions about which I am not proud. But I leave them as reminders to myself that everyone has a perspective, and we all deserve to enjoy our lives and be supported by our community.

We are the SOTA community. We all want the game to be successful. We may feel differently on how to get there; but I admire and respect all players, especially those who speak up trying to help make the game better.

Here is to hoping I don’t become a White Walker, unless I get to Kill Rhaegar again............

Jaesun, that_shawn_guy, Aldo and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.