Pooled Exp Concerns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

For Adv Exp this is going to allow players to create any char for the sole purpose of one thing - to farm specific scenes, Mobs, Artifacts, whatever GAMING the PLAY

For producer exp they are going to make a char that now has maxed out tailor, another maxed out BS, another maxed our carp, and as a result craft items using the resources they are going to farm with other chars

this is going to totally destroy ANY semblance of a player generated economy.

There is zero comments one can make that makes any of this reasonable. Sure some are not going to ABUSE this and want to play with other templates but others see nothing but a way to Game the play even harder.

Sorry Port but this just a BAD idea.

Mark this thread watch how items and farming changes, watch what newer items are crafted. Add to it some time in the future allowing selection of MW and Enchant, that is truly the end . . .

Sorry might as well just allow us to buy exp for $$, it is going to be the only way left to make any $$.

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

What are you talking about?

3. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

lol I thought I was the only one who didn't know. TY

4. DavidDC

If i had to guess he probably heard from chris stream that all character gonna share same exp or something.. I hope thats not the case or just adventure exp (logic wise)

5. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

Would it be bad? They do that in ESO and it's not so bad.

Daigoji Gai and Xandra7 like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

It says it right in the R65 Intructions ;

Quality of Life
    • Hot keyable toggle for tooltips for inventory: Added option to disable tooltips for inventory list, added key mapping to toggle option, defaults to "," (comma).
    • Gold and Pooled Experience: These are now shared between characters on the same account.

7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Release 65 Instructions

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  8. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

So you'll be able to make an alt with the same exp and gold as your main...so how will this make the game worse? At the least I won't have to grind my alts since I already did it on my main. win win.

Soltown: Fixed an issue where completing the task to give Stanley the notes from Edvard wouldn't clear his quest waving or compass marker. THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!! Finally fixed!! I hated going to Soltown because of this bug. Now I can enjoy it better. woohoo!

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I actually kinda like this now, I was opposed but I really want to play other builds and I don’t want to start a fresh new toon.

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

As I said players who Play the game no issues those who Game the Play are going to destroy what little economy there is left.

Plain and simple

11. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

Hmmm thinking out loud..if I find 100 gold on my main toon and that is the only gold I ever have and switch to my alt. That toon will have 100 gold as well. If I spend 100 gold on my main and switch to my alt, he/she shouldn't have that 100 gold anymore. So I don't see any issue. Now if I were to switch toons and the other toon still had the 100 gold I spent on my main then there would be an issue.

devilcult, Weins201 and Crendel like this.
  12. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

Are you saying that xp gained in one account will show in all accounts equally or the xp earned in one account can be used in any account?

Xp earned is XP earned whether I choose to put it in another's to me shouldnt matter. I like to go back to other games like WoW where they made xp gained at lower levels very fast after you had a toon reach a certain level so you didnt have to grind a toon to end game again.

If I spend all day grinding in the Rise and donate it to my other account, I still earned it...

Xandra7, FrostII and Brass Knuckles like this.
  13. DavidDC

I hope its bug free... lol

scroda, Xandra7, moko and 2 others like this.
  14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Gold is across the account just like banks are

Exp is only one account

However if you have 50 mill in exp spread out you can now create a new char and focus it

of carried to producer you can now take your 120+ tailor and create a 120+ Blacksmith, then a cook, then a . . . .

Again Players no issues, those who game the play are going to jump all over this.

Just wait as I said there is no defense or logic, in the end I will say ITYS again

Crendel likes this.
  15. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

You do realize folks will have to still earn that producer experience right? If they use that experience (as I understand it) then it takes it out of the pool for all characters. And you can accomplish the same thing with an alt with a main that is bankrolling them. This “perk” is not going to break the player economy.

Scanphor likes this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Considering how much a cheat UT feels like, This is meh like said above..... I’ve already earned the xp somewhere.

Crendel likes this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

so you think If I havea Pool of 60 Mill exp and I create a new char and train some skills using 20 million that my main will only have 40 mill and new char will have 20, sory but LOL that is not how it is going to work, How it is going to work is if you have 1st char with 60 mil and crate a new char that char will have a 60 Mill pool. Char 3 60 Mil pool, Char 4 a 60 Mill pool

Now th e problems are that once each char is created what happens. If I have Char #3 go out and sit in UT and make 5 mill do all chars now have 65 Mil or does it only apply to active chars.

If for some insane reason you are right it is just a plain dumb idea and no one will ceate a char and lessen the pool of their main.

As I sad any way one trys and explains it it is bad.

And if you do not think somone is going to take all their exp and put it into one skill Maixng it out then creating another maxing its out then you are niave.

A 140 MW tailor is that mch better than a 100 one and instead of having a char with 4 GMS you can have one with 1 40 and create another .

I have explained this enough in simple terms

You all can believe whatever you all want,

In the end we will see who is still here and who is right.

good luck all,

Crendel likes this.
  18. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Do you know for sure each toon is going to have 60 mill? Have you tested it or are you just saying it because that’s what you believe? Has someone tested this on QA? I would do so but I’m out of town till Friday.

Also some folks would take advantage of this because they can skill up a toon slightly faster. Or they don’t want to manage multiple accounts. Or whatever reason, who cares.

If that’s the way it is (and confirmed) then I will agree with you. But, I would like that proven rather than to rely on folks emotional conjecture.

19. Hillt

Hillt Avatar

So rather then having one char with 10 GMs, I now can make 10 chars each with one GM, what's the difference? If I have 100 char with all MW gms I can only make items with the resources I have gathered. I am still bound to the physics of the MW enchanter. I don't think it will break any system or economy. Perhaps I'm wrong?

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

Well, from a player's perspective, the biggest disappointment I have is the gold sharing comes in place of a different solution.

Which is that it would really be useful for gold to be a portable item. It would be extremely useful, for instance, to be able to transfer gold to a chest for guild activities or POT activities, and if you could do that, you could do the same for the bank. You can convert gold to COTOs and work with those, but it really isn't as handy. So if I want people to donate towards POT maintenance, I could ask for COTOs, which I'm less likely to get, or I could put up a vendor that sells tickets for gold, or ask people to mail the gold. This has its set of inconveniences. Other than that, the devs have already decided to do bank sharing between accounts and have decided to basically turn gold into an abstraction and they made banks global now, so why share gold between accounts? Its just that treating gold this way has as many inconveniences as it has conveniences.

As far as the XP is concerned, the devs at one point also decided that characters have to share reputation so it also makes sense in some way. But its also all just further step away from LBs original idea, which was to restrict accounts to one character, which among other things would make players rely on each other economically, rather than just doing everything themselves. Gather enough XP and have enough characters, and you can do an easy GM in every craft without a lot of work. And with all the other changes in the game over the last few months, its also one further step in tearing down some of the original design goals, sold to players as QoL improvements. Taking my player's cap off and putting my designer's cap on, I have to wonder how much this really makes the game better in the long run.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    Bedawyn and Spoon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.