Pooled Experience????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daemond, Apr 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daemond

Daemond Avatar

Am I wrong or is the system pooling the experience from ALL account characters and showing the total gold from ALL account characters now?

2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Quality of Life
    • Hot keyable toggle for tooltips for inventory: Added option to disable tooltips for inventory list, added key mapping to toggle option, defaults to "," (comma).
    • Gold and Pooled Experience: These are now shared between characters on the same account.
    It's in the patch notes.

Jaesun and Brass Knuckles like this.
  3. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Unfortunately this is now the case. ALL characters share the same Gold, Adventuring and Producer pooled experience.

Have to say I am against it but oh well. :(

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Love this change!! I just like that if I want to add to my xp pool, I can grab either my Spear guy or Sword guy. Which ever one I feel like. :D

5. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

Jaesun, you know I love u but I simply do not understand. I'm sure its me.

I 'am' all of my spear, wand and sword guy in my one beloved Avatar. I can expend my skill resources anywhere I like and switch builds at will. That's what I love about SOTA and the concept of my online alter ego as 'the Avatar'.

I find it so refreshing when I log in, have a think about what to do and select my load out. When I used to log into all other MMOs I stared bleakly at the long list of Alts, many of which I hadn't played in weeks, or months, some I had no clue how to play (it had been so long) and logged out again.

6. jschoice

jschoice Avatar

The good news is you can still do thar where as Jaesun prefers to have alts on one account. Sounds like you both win. I always hated the FFXIV of all classes on one avatar. I can literally create a Blacksmith who is only a Blacksmith...its kinda cool imo.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

For me, I just will be sticking to a few melee related skills and that’s how Anpu will continue. I have no interest in making a character that does it all.

Secondary is pure sword and will have shield as well. And that’s how he will continue. I don’t personally even like sword. I’d probably like sword and shield better, which I will be getting him too.

I do have a second account. And he’s mainly for fun, NOW that I know what in the hell I am doing.... I usually just use that character for testing and bug reports. Plus it’s kind of fun to go through the low level areas again at lower skill levels.

That’s just me though. Always play the way you want! :D

Daigoji Gai, FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  8. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Question: If all characters are sharing the same XP pools, does that mean the daily 10,000xp each character receives each day will be limited to a one-time 10,000xp? Or will each character still get 10,000xp each day for logging in?
    (haven't played the new release yet, went to the Avengers movie instead).

Steevodeevo likes this.
  9. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

It's 15k now and is given to the first alt that logs.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

One More Question: If I have 3 characters, with a shared adventure pool of 1,000,000xp...my first character uses up 250,000xp to raise up Swords. Does that mean that there is only 750,000xp left in the pool for the other 2 characters? Or is that 1,000,000xp still there for the other 2 characters to use?

OH! And one last one....does this apply only to online play? Or offline play as well?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You only have 750K for the other 2 chars to use.

Jaesun and FrostII like this.
  12. Rogosh of the Zog Cabal

Rogosh of the Zog Cabal Avatar

I honestly feel like this is the best change ever! But I have 3 characters on one account. I feel it's kind of rewarding us for spending $10 per char slot on the account instead of making a new account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.