Sota; A retrospection. So long and Thanks for All the Fish!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadwhisper, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

Thanks man. I really wanted to bring some higher adv level content to the community. I also gave out a lot of tips and tricks on stream that most higher level players don't want the public to know. Appreciate the comment.

2. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Agreed, but t2’s needed a nerfing however T3 + was a diffrent story they F-ed up a potential game changer but that’s portal M.O. ohh look something good that people like let’s ruin it.

Secretly I think someone really really likes UT at portal. Risk vrs Reward is a foreign concept to them.

3. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I have to admit I have only half -read this thread so far..
    It really is a shame (even though I never knew you) to lose any players, especially these days :(

I think that once players spend an infinite amount of time "grinding" a few zones, to achieve skill gains, it is certainly a fast-track to burn-out & lack of motivation to log in.

Good Luck & Fun Travels to wherever You land next... I hope you find the experience you are looking for since it isn't here for you anymore.
    A Year in the Development of any online game inevitably leads to many changes.
    Maybe one day you will be back again.

StarLord, Astirian and Cordelayne like this.
  4. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

The problem is @Synergy Blaize there's only a few zones incentivising high level to clear for experience and gold. There's actually a more outlying issue which there is no real reason to keep gaining adventuring experience past a certain point. I have close to 600 million adventuring experience and the only reason I wanted to keep pushing was personal goals...not content that required it. There wasn't some content in the game I strove to clear anymore. The new content being created is being nerfed and making high end players who devoted months of work irrelevant. Thank you for your comment. I love the game but I can't stand beating my head against a wall waiting for the content that every other game has

OzzyOsbourne likes this.
  5. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

I appreciate your reply & your understanding of where my own (rather naive) viewpoint comes from.

From everything I have read in this thread (& I did read your initial post in its entirety) I still cannot fathom how an equitable "middle-ground" solution can be found, for all of the issues raised in this thread.
    Just like RL, a game needs "balance" & even though I didn't see it at the time, in hindsight, I now believe the introduction of UT was a severe detriment to this game. (& I was 100% guilty of usurping the UT "Kool-Aid" for quite a few months) I believe UT was a bad turning point for this game for many reasons....

But as much as I DO appreciate & in some ways empathize with players displeasure of Player Dungeons losing XP & essences,
    I also DO understand that Player Dungeon were OP = XP & Essences & Essences were removed & XP was adjusted (only for the Kobold rooms) & pushed the need to adventure in other scenes for both of these commodity's.

From my understanding, Player Dungeons are still a work in progress & with each month, more rooms & encounters will be added to them.
    Also, there are "programmable" NPC's coming in the next Quarter & also more abilities to create quest-lines etc around the Player Dungeons.

I can understand your disappointment in this recent change, & it was Port's mistake to accidentally/inadvertently/carelessly perhaps (< = their Bad!) to make the dungeons grind-able for XP & essences, as it was never the original intention. I am by no means defending this error, mistake, oversight accident on their behalf.... In all honesty, it should Never have got in & been implemented. They definitely dropped the ball in letting this in & reversing it now. But... It is, what it is....

My "catch-phrase" in Life is "Que Sera Sera"....
    We cannot change things beyond our control unfortunately.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yeah I did understand what you're saying. Thought to longevity is very important in all decisions but bailing doesn't help to solve the problem fighting for it would have a better chance. Still do what is best for you and check back later. I'm going no where.

7. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

Sometimes leaving the thing you love is the only way to save the it. Hopefully some devs read this and learn from the mistakes that were made. I'm not the only one who feels this way and maybe I will come back if some major things are changed in adventuring. Thank you so much for you understanding

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't think threats help. Well I don't intend to do it that way, but some think it helps rather than hurts and truly as I said waiting is not for everyone and nothing is over. Some will be here. I am not putting you down or judging. Just go and enjoy sometimes you have to just go. A lot of people play other games and then come back. I hope you come back when you are ready.

edited

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    Sentinel2 likes this.
  9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Agreed.

While I understand the frustration. For the people who have left, we will be here when they return. Hell, maybe we can go fishing and laugh about the time they thought they would never come back and drink a hearty adult beverage ;-)

Chirp likes this.
  10. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Being honest its not fair to say most of vet players not sharing what they know or not helping others. We have many and some of them even before you joined this game.

About your post, I'm agree about most of the points, but fyi the Xen spider can be soloed in about.. 10min. Soloed by more than ten players afaik. So for some of us real challenging group content is important, and the Spider is the closest thing we have now (just one mob).. but could be better.

This is a real fact, this game still missing team-work and high end content for groups (someone remember EQ?). After 5 years testing and playing this game, I can wait a bit more to see this coming :)

Wish you the best Xyntharoth, I respect your decision to leave this game now if your main goal is a real challenging pve.

P.S: I full read your post :D

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  11. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

[​IMG]

Sean Silverfoot and FrostII like this.
  12. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

It baffles me that people whine about long posts. Don't read them. The first sentence of this post was a length warning and there was TLDR at the end. Non-adventurers who have very great content consistently don't understand people are leaving in bounds after devoting so much time. Crazy.

KirkLazarus, Hornpipe and Cordelayne like this.
  13. Dreadwhisper

Dreadwhisper Avatar

I knew about the spider being solo'd by killing all the adds and then whittling away at the boss. I didn't bring it up because it's done by a even lower amount of players in the game. From what has been happening with nerfs recently, they tend to revolve around that same niche group of players.

14. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Hope to see you in the future...

15. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Hornpipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.