NEW MONEY!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geaux, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

I have a subscription (I paid for one).

I bought stuff from website.

I wanted to pay for my GF's subscription but received no reply to my post.

I got a green dot in my Treasure Chest Icon which said "You have no unclaimed rewards", join that Shroud of the Avatar Subscription program to earn rewards" when opened... and was no longer there after clicking it the first time.

It seems odd that it would ask me to join if I was already a subscriber. If I click join, it provides an error message stating that I am already a subscriber.

Is this a minor loot bug like in EQ when we Killed everything in the Plane of Hate for the first time on server and Mennix (GM) told me "It's not really a bug, it's more like a feature"; when we got a a single common scroll as the Boss loot?

Maybe I do not understand how stretch goals work, sorry in advance if I was not supposed to receive anything when R65 began...

Beaumaris and FrostII like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The subscription stuff seems to come in once a month, but I've never found a rhyme or reason to the date you receive it. Its not necessarily immediate, though, so I wouldn't panic yet. I'm not sure about gifting subs, sorry, seems like it should be a feature.

Geaux and Cordelayne like this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Post ? Where did you post ?
    Or do you mean an email to Port ?

Geaux likes this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

This thread will help you know when the release rewards are being delivered:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/telethon-rewards-list-updated.111749/

It takes a few months for them to be created.

Jaesun and Geaux like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You should get your 900 cotos and potions pretty soon though and as mentioned it does take time to get stretch goals. The have to build them. As to gifting a subscription you would have to ask on that one.

Geaux likes this.
  6. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

I posted on April 13th, in this forum.

7. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Your link is very helpful...

Has the policy always been that if you made a purchase in a certain month for $5 or more that you received that stretch goal reward?

I have done this in multiple months over the last 8 -10 months, and do not seem to ever have received a reward to date...

8. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Check your bank. The rewards tab is relatively new.

Jaesun and Geaux like this.
  9. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

I am not familiar with a rewards tab in my bank.

I see a special rewards tab under my account on this website. Is that what you are referring to?

Under that, there is only a reference to a postmortem R63 and R64 livestream awards.

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

ah i meant the new Rewards option in the top right hand corner of your UI in-game. As of the begining of this year thats where all rewards end up

Geaux likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It is in the upper right hand and is the last icon. It is a treasure chest. That is where your rewards show up. New ones are in green. Also since as mentioned the rewards icon is fairly new check your bank as well. If still you are missing and have received nothing then bug report it or mention to a dev.

Geaux likes this.
  12. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Thanks...

Do you know if the policy was in place since June of 2018 until now, that if you spent $5 or more you were included in the stretch rewards?

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well earlier you had to use the claim button to get those rewards in game which was in your bank. All those earlier items should be in your bank. If in question check the thread that lists all stretch goal items we've gotten. Then you can go through and type in the filter section of your bank to see what you have gotten or not. Here is the link to the thread which is updated by some very nice people.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/telethon-rewards-list-updated.111749/

edited typos

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    Geaux and FrostII like this.
  14. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

That policy was around for quite a wile, possibly forever. To see information about subscriptions and rewards you are eligible for, go to the main website. Log in. Use the account link in the upper right corner. Click on the subscription tab to see what months you were charged for the subscripti9ns. Those months you should have received rewards for.

Also click on the special rewards tab. Here you can see what release rewards you are eligible for. If you think something is wrong, contact support.

To pay for someone else’s subscription, you probably need to log into that account, go to the main Shroud page, and follow the subscription banner found there. I don’t think there is any way to gift it anymore, and a payment method would need to be added that gets charged every month.

Geaux likes this.
  15. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all, My understanding and experience has been that if you purchased $5 or more from the add-on store (before it was moved to in game) you were given the Livestream/telethon rewards. It could not be a purchase wising COTO that you got as drops, from other Avatars, or previously bought from the add-on store. To claim them there was a button in the bottom right when you opened your bank that allowed you to claim the rewards that had been created. During the move of the add-on store they changed it to an icon in the top right HUB bar which you clicked on and then clicked Claim Rewards. After the move of the add-on store they changed the reward claiming to automatic. You still had to click on the icon in the HUD bar but you did not have to click Claim Rewards. Anything that was in the previous 2 methods would have made it to the newest way to claim. And as all have said it take time, usually 2 cycles, for the rewards to be built and at least 1 cycle to show up on your account page.

Now let me climb up on my soapbox. Since most things have been moved to in game and buying things with COTOs in game does not count toward qualifying for rewards reaching goals is harder. Unless you are willing to buy one of the new "Lord of the Isle" bundles you are limited to buying COTO bundles (which can still be bought cheaper in Market Place or from in game vendors), extra character slots, EP2 access, or EP2 Stretch goals. The last 2 Livestreams have only made it to 60k. I am wondering how this can be changed to help us go back to funding the game thru Livestream purchases. Thank you for listening. 'trips climbing off soapbox'

Geaux likes this.
  16. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

The policy altered sligthly. In the beginning it was only items purchased during the time frame of the monthly telethon + a few hours which counted towards the monthly rewards. Later Portalarium added a subscription.
    Then it was each Friday/weekend. Not sure if it lately includes all purchases or not, since with the increased limit of money to be eligible I went to one subscription and left the other accounts outside of any spending.

Geaux likes this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Right. It should be noted that this is still April, and R65 is kind of technically a May release. The rewards subscription system (at least originally) is based on the day-of-the-month that you signed up for the monthly rewards. But that's just for the COTOs/potions.

The monthly stretch goal items usually take one or two full releases before they are ready, and usually show up on the first day or two of a new release. Not all reward items from the same month show up at the same time either, and sometimes an item or two will show up in the middle of the month.

Geaux likes this.
  18. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Thanks very much for all of the information...

For whatever reason, it appears that I have not received any rewards to date, despite having several "qualifying" purchases dating back to June of 2018. Sadly, I have apparently purchased several of the items from players in game, that I was apparently supposed to receive...

19. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

@Geaux The policy of stretch goal rewards was implemented a different way, at first. At first, you had to make a $5 or more purchase during the telethon itself. If you spent $5 before the telethon started, you did not qualify for any stretch goal rewards. If you waited until after midnight of the day the telethon was on, you did not get any stretch goals at all. They eventually started a new policy extending the hours you were allowed to spent $5 and still get the rewards. For a while you had to spend the $5 on the Friday of the telethon after the telethon started or on Saturday or on Sunday until midnight Sunday to get the rewards.

I don't know if you can currently spend $5 on Wednesday April 24th 2019 and be in line to get the r64 stretch goals. I thought you still had to make your $5 purchase during the weekends of the telethons. But, maybe they are giving the stretch goals to those players who spend $5 any time of the month. I do not know where that information is available on the forum. Maybe someone else has saved a link or two that will explain the details of when you can spend the $5 to get the stretch goals for R65 so I can make sure I spend my $5 on the right day.
    @Chris @DarkStarr

Geaux and majoria70 like this.
  20. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

That would be a very good idea...some sort of clarification in a post. Maybe title it Stretch Goal Rewards, maybe explain what policy applies to what timeline for various releases and rewards, maybe even explain where you would check to verify what you have received...

I am still wondering why the website does not currently recognize me as a subscribed player, and asks me/tells me to subscribe every time I log on. When I click subscribe, I do receive an error that states I have already subscribed, but not certain why it would be suggesting I do if I already am... A little confusing for the masses...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.