Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Death Bunny never spawns - just endless waves of zombies

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Kron Caledon, Apr 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

04/26/2019 18:07
    Title: Death Bunny never spawns - just endless waves of zombies
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    The Death Bunny never spawns - just endless waves of zombies.

Killed many waves of zombies (at least 100+ zombies, 10+ waves) - no sign of the Death Bunny

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Kill endless waves of zombies - Death Bunny never spawns

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 32686
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.Win.64.959.Date.04.26.19
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines
    Area Display Name: Spectral Mines
    Loc: (-82.8, -13.8, 106.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC04Mi43NTMsIC0xMy44MSwgMTA2LjE4OSl8KDAsIDAuMTI5LCAwLCAwLjk5Mil8LTcxNy40MjM2fDE5LjUzMzM2fDE4
    [​IMG]

2. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

He spawned for me yesterday. But it takes a very long time. At least 10-12 minutes worth of zombie killing. Maybe 200-300 zombies. I know it was more than 10 minutes because my potion of might had worn off before he showed up and I was a bit low on focus from killing the final few waves of zombies. I only need one more tapestry for my collection, but not sure I'll bother going back - he was already really hard to hit with swords and now there isn't a good way to buff for him.

Mishikal likes this.
  3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Issue #64683 for review

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Kron Caledon, they messed with the wave spawned this release and it directly affects the bunny spawn. Each wave has a timer for that wave. i’m not sure what length they’ve defined for the timer, but it is quite long measured in minutes. The faster you kill the zombies, the faster they respawn. You keep getting the respawn until the wave timer runs out. At that point the next wave spawns. If I recall there are 3 or 4 timed waves. When I was fighting it on QA, I had around 10 respawn before the next wave spawned, so in the new reality around 30 waves spawned before the rabbit would spawn.

Now there could be a problem with the rabbit spawning, but unless you’ve fought the all the respawns waves,the last one being aorund 8 to 10 zombies and possibly 8 to 10 respawns (less if you kill them slower than I did onQA), you wouldn’t have seen the rabbit.

5. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

@jiirc That makes sense - and I think they did something similar for the Daemon in Solania. But the difference there is that they also shortened the respawn timer for the Daemon - so that while you fight waves of Elite Skeletons, at least it's for a shorter period of time (and Elite Skeletons are harder to kill than the zombies, so clearing the waves take longer).

The main problem is that it's possible to kill the zombies quite quickly (compared to Elite Skeletons) - so even at 5 minutes of endless zombies, you could have hundreds of dead zombies there before the bunny show up. And it just gets worse if it's 10+ minutes of zombies, etc.

So if they end up shortening the bunny spawn - so that you only kill endless waves of zombies for "fewer" minutes, I think it could work. And/or make the waves harder, so it takes longer to clear each wave before the bunny timer hits (but don't want to make the waves too hard for people just trying to do the bunny quest).

6. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the posts. This issue is resolved in build #962

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.