Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Benches get bigger when placed on shunk blocks after reload

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Silmaris Dragonbane, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silmaris Dragonbane

Silmaris Dragonbane Avatar

04/27/2019 15:57
    Title: Benches get bigger when placed on shrunk blocks after reload.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details: In my Arena Basement dungeon I have placed dark stone blocks shrunk down to -20%, and on top of the blocks I have placed sturdy benches which of course can't be resized. When I exit my basement and enter it again, all of the benches have increased in size - seemingly to a +20% if I'm eyeballing it. So stones are -20% when placed, benches are 0 when placed on top, but become +20% benches after I leave and re-enter the dungeon.

Steps to Reproduce: Shrink dark stone blocks to -20%, place sturdy benches on top, exit and re-enter basement.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 32735
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU RAM: 5991
    SotA.Win.64.959.Date.04.26.19
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonVillage_Arena
    Area Display Name: Village Stone Arena Basement
    Loc: (35.2, 5.0, 22.8)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25WaWxsYWdlX0FyZW5hfHwoMzUuMjA5LCA1LjAzMSwgMjIuNzUpfCgwLCAwLjk0MSwgMCwgLTAuMzM4KXwyMTYuMTk3N3wyMi45NjY4OHwxLjQ1Nzc4

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. Silmaris Dragonbane

I just performed the same test with the Burled Wood Curved Arm Chair and confirmed this does work with them and in this case probably any form of seating or prohibited scaling items.

3. Silmaris Dragonbane

And another issue. I put a regular size sturdy bench on top of the bugged +20% bench to use as a size reference example, but when I zoned in and out of basement, the regularly sized bench that I placed on top of the +20% sized bench became a -20% bench! So now I have 3 different sized benches.

4. Silmaris Dragonbane

Lastly - if you take the resized seat off of the stone blocks and place on a standard surface and then zone in and out the item will go back to the correct size, but any items still on the stone blocks will keep that altered size.

5. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

Got the same effect with a Grey Marble Bench placed on upscaled pavers: the bench gets downscaled when re-loading.

6. Silmaris Dragonbane

Oooo so pavers too interesting. I have placed some shrunk down pavers in my basement I'll have to see what happens with those. Were you in a basement Summer? I haven't tried it on the village lot itself to see if zoning in and out of town does anything.

7. Silmaris Dragonbane

Oh ok so yeah this is persistent anywhere. Happens in the main town map when I zone in and out as well. So this is pavers or blocks placed anywhere at all and scaled with an item on them.

8. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

It's not only pavers and rugs, but any scaled item.
    Looks like items placed upon a scaled item get an appearance like it's scaled in the opposite direction of the item it is placed upon, no matter its own scaling.

Like a stack of bowls I have in my house, all unscaled but placed upon a upscaled cabinet:
    - the bottom bowl in the stack looks scaled down (as it is on an upscaled item),
    - the next on up looks scaled up, as it is on the now scaled down bottom one,
    - next one up looks scaled down again, as it is on an upscaled item...

Silmaris Dragonbane likes this.
  9. Knightwolf

Knightwolf Avatar

Planters on Enlarged pavers enlarge too.

Silmaris Dragonbane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.