1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

UPDATED: Customer Support and Shipping Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Feb 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You don't have to watch the stream just send the information to Chris who is atos in game in a mail message.

For those who do not know we do have an awesome mail system in the game where you can send almost anything including gold. Just go to a mailbox which are in bank buildings or also located on the player owned towns or you can place one on your lot. These are craftable too and purchaseable for ornate ones with cotos. Just click on 'send mail' then type atos and 'continue'. Then in subject line say something like didn't recv my box. here is info. Then take a blank sheet of paper and title it and give your information to Chris such as account name, real name, your pledge tier, and a good address to mail your box too. Then click on 'publish'. Then you can drag the created sheet of paper to the body of your letter to Chris. and then click on 'send'. This is for those who have not been in game in a while in times before the mail system. If it is for 2 boxes make sure you give information for both.

Birko likes this.
  2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I don't really know if an in-game text mail is really the best way to be sending personal contact and mailing information. There needs to be a legitimate and secured way for folks to contact him and/or the remaining team members, where they can get an accurate response.

3. Lained

Lained Avatar

I wouldn't worry about sending your details to Chris just yet, he has a list that he's working his way through and by the sounds of it he'll get to the returns after that. I'm sure once he's exhausted both list there will be a call out those that haven't received theirs. Watching the stream when he's processing boxes and giving your name just allows for him to look it up there and then as it's right in front of him generally he's then used that name as he starts packaging the next box.

Birko likes this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You don’t need to send him any information, they already have it and it should be up to date. Just tell him you haven’t gotten the rewards.

5. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

How do I get my Duke level physical rewards? Why is it taking so long? LMAO

HoustonDragon likes this.
  6. Cormac MacArt

Cormac MacArt Avatar

How many times must one update address or mail support . Now they want you to log in craft a mail box and send all ur info to Chris an its possible he might send your box . I have gotten 1 response to 6 or more support emails that they are short staffed and the support persons I m not sure what but they are working on it several months ago .

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You can send a PM here on the forums to Chris. Why is that jumping through hoops? Mentally hoops are being gone through to suffer through this by people and why I ask? We cannot undo the past. Mistakes were made. Now consider just doing what you need to do or not. I am sorry for people's struggles really but when solution comes along why not go for it? You don't have to craft a mailbox. Towns like Wizards Rest have mailboxes all over town people can only use. If they are on the POT themselves anyone can use. If they are on a lot owner or players with appropriate level of permission can use. All bank buildings in NPC towns have a mailbox.

If anyone hasn't played for a while there have been a lot of positive things happen with the game. They mail system is definitely one of them. Well and of course Universe Chat and the trade channel. Of I have to mention teleport to zone too which works similar to a marking system and marks locations you visit.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    HoustonDragon likes this.
  8. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

Hi Majoria70,

Thanks for the tip, I sent a PM hopefully he will deliver :)

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

It's now early May - can you give us an update on how many boxes are left from the original roughly-400? How far along are you?

HoustonDragon and John Markus like this.
  10. Cormac MacArt

Cormac MacArt Avatar

I should not need to send yet another message have sent plenty ... The promise ( really a contract under the law ) of material goods in exchange for paying a fee should be fuilled with out begging and address corrections that for whatever reason the next time I logged in had to be redone 3 times . If it was going to be such a hassle for them to do there are fulfillment companies that do it saving all the time effort and frustration of paying customers . I gave up on playing this cluster just want my goods . Yes the mistake was trusting Richard and company to deliver .If I still was in the austin area would just go get mine . As to all your suggested methods Why can't a support@portalarium.com email do the job .

11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I finally got my box and my wife got her box. Hurray.

12. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

I did receive 2 of the 3 boxes that should be coming YAY. I am not sure which pledge level they are as they are identical. I will follow up later and I truly appreciate all that Chris is doing.

13. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Majoria, please do not feel this is a personal attack or calling any players out specifically. I appreciate and do recognize the support and efforts that players have made for the game, and the continued enthusiasm that keeps folks playing despite the issues going on. This is neither bashing, or do I feel the desire to do so, as I don't make a point of trying to ruin anyone's enjoyment.

Bluntly, it's not yours or any players' responsibility to address or handle this. This is Portalarium's -LEGAL- requirement to fulfill the physical orders that people paid legitimate monies to receive. Whether by live stream, in-game mail, smoke signals, or a freaking can tied to a string, we really DO need to hear the staff themselves both acknowledge, and PRESENT an actual legitimate gameplan how the remaining boxes are being shipped for fulfillment.

Aside from the hassles from the original round of packages sent from France, I would hope and expect they should have a mailing list and/or information on what orders have or have not been checked off, and some method of communication to advise so people could reasonably expect a time-frame when to receive their boxes. I do agree, we cannot change the past, nor should we dwell on the specifics. But let's address and figure out how to make this happen for everyone that has not been taken care of. Sticking the collective heads in the sand as a company is not productive either.

14. Lained

Lained Avatar

The actual game plan has been presented by Chris during his live streams, he's working on sending out boxes trying to dedicate one day a week to do so, last week he got through about 40-50 boxes. He's currently held up on collecting signed maps from Richard as he's been away dealing with his father's estate. Once he has those given his progress and the number of boxes remaining I'd hazard a guess at another month or so until he's done.

15. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Then someone from the staff (ie: Chris or whomever) should communicate that directly via the forums or the update emails. And given that Richard is indeed working on other important matters for his family, there should be a better method than pestering his Twitter for information he may not have or is out of date.

16. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

I am happy that I received my physical rewards yesterday.
    It has been 8 months of sending e-mail to support, pestering on forums, watching every live-stream, spending $180 on a stream special (now expired) to coerce Atos into having 1:1 chat,
    but it all worked out.

17. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

Firstly congrats on finally receiving your box that's good news; what is really saddening though is you had to ask them to get something that's like the rest of us waiting a promise from when we first backed the game which is ultimately depressing news for the rest of us.

Out of principle I won't be doing similar however, I'd like to think they'll honour their original promise and get shipment out seeing as they've no one to reply to tickets.

I won't play nor give them another 'cent' until it's delivered safely to my property, in truth it just leaves a very sour taste in your mouth how they've treated backers

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2019
  18. Galorn

Galorn Avatar

This is a good idea. I live in Austin, and I would donate half a weekend day to help get those shipments out.

19. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

With all do respect, and while appreciative that the community wants to help, the shipping of boxes to customers involves handling personal information. Non-Portalarium employees should not be anywhere near that information, and thus should not be shipping boxes. I am hopeful that Chris is far enough along in shipping that he does not attempt to do this , another idea with good intentions but perhaps not thinking through the ramifications of it (I recall he mentioned having a pizza party and having people help, hoping that idea is dropped).

John Markus likes this.
  20. Fungus44

Fungus44 Avatar

If I log in will I get my physical goods delivered too? Pledged & shipping paid for a long time ago in a galaxy far away...... *sigh*

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.