Gentlemen's PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Feldon Grimshaw, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

I'm not opposed to PVP, but i really hate it when i'm sitting there fighting something and am half dead and certainly distracted, and some jerk sneaks up behind me and stabs me in the back for a one shot PVP kill.

i would be much more open to doing PVP more often if there was way to flag where i could say "hey, i'm happy to pvp with you, but you have to wait until i'm done doing this and give me a sec to recover, then we can fight".

you know, like in the princess bride where the dread pirate Roberts is climbing the cliffs of insanity and the Spaniard swears to him on his fathers honor that he'll reach the top alive, then lets him rest, and then they go at it.

2. addrox

addrox Avatar

I dont know where you are hunting but thats the point of PvP. Its fun to "constantly look over your shoulder" while hunting. It makes it meaningful and less robotic. But again I dont know where you are hunting because most of the game is nonPvP and you can get protection at the oracle. So if you are hunting with PvP on or in a PvP zone ... expect to get hit. "Head on a swivl" and constantly look around.

Dhanas and Boris Mondragon like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but you do not want to pvP you want to Duel.

There is an "incentive" to be flagged, but with it come the warning.

Want the incentive then deal with consequences.

King Robert and Boris Mondragon like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but you do not want to pvP you want to Duel.

There is an "incentive" to be flagged, but with it come the warning.

Want the incentive then deal with consequences.

King Robert likes this.
  5. oplek

oplek Avatar

One thing I was thinking about was "good sportsmanship"... that concept that suddenly drops off the radar after school. I think I prefer PVP that's a lot more compartmentalized.

It's one thing to go to a sports field, and play baseball against a rival school's team... but what seems to happen more often than not is that, you're in the library trying to study for an exam, and the rival school's baseball team barges in, rips up your notes, steals your books, and duct tapes you to the wall.

... all the while PVPsplaining to me how it's cute and all that I think that kind of "game" isn't fun, but they'll carefully explain to me why I'm factually incorrect.

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You flag for pvp - you get what you get.

Elrich Skychosen, Cyin and Weins201 like this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

What you are saying is exactly what I keep trying to tell PvPers, not all of them deserve to be labeled like that, and there are Many who are more "Fair".
    However what happens is a few of them go to an event like the other day and get in a huff when they are "handled".

In the end as Frost says.

Elrich Skychosen and FrostII like this.
  8. Patchup

Patchup Avatar

There have been suggestion for guild wars that allow for flagging PVP only to the opposing guild. This might add this compartmentalizing you are thinking off. Otherwise, plan to be sniper shot, bring friends and big stick.

9. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Sometimes I see a player fighting stuff in a pvp zone and I don't want to just jump in and attack by surprise, but I also don't want to start chatting with them before attacking. It would be nice with some kind of pvp challenge emote which is impossible to miss, maybe with some icon/warning popping up for the other player. It would tell them to make themselves ready because an attack is coming soon. That way I don't have to appear in front of them to warn them, for example if I have high ground.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I have to agree don't flag until you are ready to fight. You do have that choice.

11. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

There aren't enough gentle men around, so I also decided to not flag for PvP ;)

Feldon Grimshaw likes this.
  12. Crendel

Crendel Avatar

WoW came out with awesome PVP zones that were more of team PVP, some were small groups others scalled over 30 per side. You fought for a buff or something trivial but kind of worth making you want to do it. Storm a castle, capture the flag, etc. All worked great to give players like me who don't PVP dip my toes in that world. But I always like going back to the mines and not worry about looking over my shoulder, I dont play the game for a heart attack, lol

13. Feldon Grimshaw

Feldon Grimshaw Avatar

I sometimes go with a party to the fall, and we "team pvp" against other players. Now that i do enjoy. because everyone there has the expectation of pvp. you know what you're getting into and you have fun running around as a group trying to take out the other team.

Crendel likes this.
  14. Necrothaftis

Necrothaftis Avatar

Here is the classic pseudo argument in a nutshell.
    someone ganked me .. i was alt tabing.. i was crafting... i was on a break I WAS PVP FLAGGED
    DONT FLAG if YOU DONT WANNA DIE
    But off course i forgot you want to exploit the sysytem
    You want to have the xp benefit of flagging without the risk.
    You want to play a MMO in your own little selfish bubble getting all the chocolates.

Nawww likes this.
  15. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

thats not pvp. that is dueling. already in the game

16. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

perhaps an advanced skill related to taunt could be entrap or anbush where combat with an aggressor is opened after you have dealt with current targets.

17. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

thats also a duel..... already in the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.