Things from livestreams: April 30th: "Dungeon Tartarus"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

In my opinion ransom is a two edged sword. On the positive side it rewards the PvP folks for the time, risk and effort. On the negative side it discourages wearing your best gear which i believe is paramount in PVP. It also discourages non PVPers from giving PVP a try.

I wore junk to the Luna City battle and as expected led a suicide charge into the middle of the Shadow People battle group. Was it fun, yes. Was it smart?, a resounding no. Will I ever try to promote another battle of this type in a ransom POT? Nope. Based on how few showed up to fight along the pirate side it showed me the “ Black Sails Saga” ran its course and it’s time for the pirate to move on to other things in game. R/Boris

2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I used to do more fighting but that was back when my swords hurt people. I avoid fighting for the most part now because i just cant motivate myself to train 10 magic skills in every magic tree to 100 or 120 or whatever it takes to avoid getting hit for 700+ damg in 1 shot and not even being sure i wont after i do train them. Its not really competative for me untill i can get well over 1000 health and at least 100 attunment (if not higher?) in fire, ice, death, earth, and life.

The main thing is i dont even know how much that intensive skill grinding will protect me

Fister Magee and Boris Mondragon like this.
  3. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

@Arkah EMPstrike, I agree with you 100pct. To believe I took bladed combat to 150, thrust to 140 and every other bladed skill to 120. Not to forget def and bezerker stance along with parry, glancing blow and fortify defenses to 120 it becomes disgusting. What really makes it sad is everyone still echoes blades is overpowered. 80s and 90s attunement in all but chaos magic with 135 attunement in water not all that helpful either. I think I will stick to farming mats and selling them until another game comes along that piques my interest.

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Blades are good in pve, far from overpowered. One issue with it in pvp is blades specialize in quick but smaller hits with high crit rates, but heavy armor easily negates 50 to 80% of that damage since the individual strike are small (i crit for maybe 200, and a sub-par armor-skill combo will easily negate like 50 of that damage 100% of the time and i have like a 30% crit rate on a practice dummy. So my normal hits hit for like 25 dmg.

Next to block your damage is a high death shield that gives 30% health back based on damage recieved. BUT if you resist 50% of the damage, death shield is now healing 60%. At thats just what i get with the skill at lvl 50 and almost no death attunment with it charged to 4.

Then you have dodge and damage avoidance. Those are two thing youll always have to deal with.

All you need is to be a mage and wear chain chest

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  5. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

It is really sad to see he is combining PvE and PvP in one dungeon.. so in essence this is another passive way to force PvE players to PvP if we want end game content. While I know you PvPers need love, forcing others who don't want to do it is not going to do the game any good at all.

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Not necessarily! Demarcations can be established. Different goals, requirements, and outcomes can all be coded.

Have faith :)

7. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

I will be the first to put out a public apology thread if it turns out different, but I highly doubt it will.

Boris Mondragon and Jason_M like this.
  8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Respect. The technology exists. The onus is on the powers that be to impress us :cool:

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  9. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

True statement. It seems the only way to really succeed is Mage with a side dish of melee/ranged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.