Blade of the Avatar Physical Book

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

like a derelict boarded up home in detroit, a little hard work and love and SotA will be shiny and desirable again.

2. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Don't involve/insult the Big D please by comparing it to this game. This game is more like Gary, IN.

3. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Since the other thread seems to have disappeared - is there any update that can be shared other than what was posted back in September? There is a news topic out there about this, and the gist of it is that there is nothing new to say. Does that mean no resources or progress have been made on the book in over six months?

4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Judging from what chris said in the stream on april 3rd (which is the same info int he september post), he doesn't know of any new info on the state of the books, but is likely asking about it. Keep an eye/ear out

5. Shift

Shift Avatar

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

TL;DR of the news: no news.

7. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

From what I know, there is nothing new since September. As I didn't get answer from any dev , since I asked March 05 2019.
    I asked DarkStarr numerous times and each time Ive been ignored.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

The previous thread had a response from Chris in it. He responded last week, I think. Basically the response echoed his reply in his stream; we don’t have any new news to share with you at this time. So they’ve responded twice to the inquiry.

9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

In anticipation of the need, I've setup a Magic Printing Press in Etceter by the Market. Chris is welcome to use it as much as he needs as are all others.

;-)

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I think we need JANUS again, @Umuri :(

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Katu like this.
  11. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Chris' response was to the effect of "you know, pinging us here in the forums is a really bad way to trying and contact us, but we will try to give you an update shortly". He did not say there was no new information or give a response, just that he was going to try to get an update.

edit - here is the exact quote - You guys know that we get tagged in literally hundreds of posts and that this isn't a good way to get our attention. We'll try and get you some answers shortly.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  12. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

and what about the 5 email that I sent? Or the conversation that I tried to get with darkstarr, none of it got me an answer. At that point I don't know how to communicate with them.

13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

BAD WAY TO TRY AND CONTACT THEM??!?!?!?! This is their f-ing PRIMARY INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION SOURCE!
    *smdh*

Cirsee likes this.
  14. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think he meant tagging them a hubdred times isnt a good way to get a response, and i can see why (same reason i ignore facebook emails)

But i think the real issue is the lack of a community manager. In the recent past for the duration of the game the community manager was the one who bridged the gap between the devs and the forum for the most part

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Jaesun like this.
  15. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I mean no disrespect by what I'm about to say. I am also one of the backers that is waiting patiently for the signed book that was promised... so I understand and share your concerns and reasoning for requesting an update.

However, I'm looking at the big picture here and realizing that in order for Port to produce and ship those promised rewards would require a large sum of funds. Funds they do not currently have to spare.

I do agree with the person who said they should have set aside funds to fulfill this (and other) promise(s)... but that obviously did not happen or we would have received them by now. But I digress.

The bottom line is: At this point in time, they appear to be running on fumes and do not have the income to do much more than to keep the servers running and keep a skeleton crew of Devs on hand to keep the game going. They even went so far as to close their main office and choose to continue working remotely. I know they tried to spin it as saving them from commuting and all, but let's be realistic. They seem to be scraping by and hoping to keep this thing going.

If I put myself in their shoes and this was the situation I was in, I would not invest any time, manpower, nor funds into progressing the fulfillment of this reward... knowing full well that it might severely diminish the already limited resources remaining to try to save the game. I do still think (or should I say - hope) the game can be saved if enough small improvements get made monthly to inspire growth in the player base. But if critical funds are used to deliver these books, I think that would likely be the final nail in the coffin.

So I ask all of you which is more important at this point and time.... Do you want your signed books or do you want the game to continue to be Developed and running on servers? Because the way I see it, if they funnel the limited funds they have now to the book, we can probably expect the game to come to an end very soon.

16. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

If it's the case, fine. Just let us know. But I would find that really unprofessional to take the money and then to be sorry for not given the item.
    Also, if we read the TOS of Kickstarter, they would have to explain why we can't have what we paid for and they would have to show us where the money went. It's not an option, they have to.
    But the thing is, we don't know anything because they don't speak to us and that is the real issue here.

17. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Awesomely technical. I guess we will have to disagree that "we will try to get you an update" is in fact, an update that tells one anything.

"Can you give me an update on the pizza I ordered and paid for, when will it be delivered?" Pizza company - "I will try to get back to you with an update, that's your update". Sounds totally reasonable to me.

18. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Personally, I would rather they learn from 6 years of failed community management, and put someone in that position permanently, rather than the least possibly qualified person available.

HoustonDragon and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  19. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Personally I'd rather wait to get the book and let them build hopefully into something successful. yeah, It could be close where the book deal would push them over. Let them try!

Still, I'd prefer a little honesty as well. not saying anyone hasn't been. I'm here for the long haul. If it get's them where they need to be for a successful company, then I'm all for it. I can wait.

BTW, people who complain why didn't they do this or that. Nobody is perfect. I honestly believe they are working their tails off. Not to fail . To be successful.

After all, it's easy to complain if you aren't the "Man in the Arena".

[​IMG]

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I also would rather the book not be rushed if it means massive game-work delays (I.E. making chris publish and send those too)

I mean yea publish and send them, but dont take manpower away from game devving to do it

Jason_M and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.