Make Remote Bank accessable by anyone - This will sell more banks

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Vladamir Begemot, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

If the remote bank is accessable to everyone, it is an incentive to put more on our lots, as visitors who we may never meet will have quick access to their goods.

Great to put next to stores with buy orders, crafting pavilions, at the PvP arena, etc.

Gravidy, Dollar Bill, Spoon and 5 others like this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and Vladamir Begemot
    I agree! Remote bank devices are a great way to move things around and to offer extras to residents of my POT. I have a crafting area and when the town gets a new resident I add them to the lot access and they can use it. It would be even nicer if stations, remote banks, and target dummies could just be POT Deco items and not require a deed.

Spoon and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I agree with this request 100,000%. Would let tenants at my inn be able to access their bank on the property, instead of running for miles.

Spoon and Net like this.
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

You can already make it Kindred and Private. Public banks are for everyone. This is essentially making one of the most useful items in the store to buy, not as sought after. I think less would be bought not more, as people will buy a few and just place them strategically.

Sean Silverfoot and Net like this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't think so.

As of now the bank is only useful to me or people I've added to the lot, so no it makes sense to just carry an extra around and use it as needed.

Having it useful to anyone that comes by means one now is considering the whole world when deciding whether to buy a bank.

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I think it's a great idea. I'd love to make it available to everyone who runs by.

I've had to add Avatars to my lot for them to access it. It should be available to all if the lot owner wants to.

Spoon likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

So I have my doubts about turning banks into carryable items and freeing them up so easily. I know it would make some things easier but not everything needs to be easier. What to consider is will it affect reason to do things? Just off the top of my head reason to jump into a town or pot to see a banker there. If everything is automaticalky easy to just do it where are the reasons? I feel we then get more like a game like Black Desert much more mindless. While convenient and entertaining for a while it is not for longevity. Ask anyone who enjoyed it for a while.

So I don't say I'm right here but my first thoughts were doubts and I just wanted to bring those up. I also agree that opening these up could impact the sale of them. Probably at first more sales but later who will need to if every lot has one? OK that's it ATM on no coffee

8. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Nowhere did I suggest what you seem to believe I suggested.

They are already carryable, and if you have multiple properties the obvious thing to do is carry one bank around and pull it out, put it on the lot, wherever you need it.

At the moment, only players who have permissions can use the bank.

What I'm suggesting is making the bank usable by other players who are running by your lot but don't have any permissions on that lot.

Thus, you might actually leave the bank at that location in order to provide the service, rather than carry it around in inventory and just using it yourself.

Thus, players with more than one lot may decide to buy more banks in order to help out others, rather than just carry one bank around for themselves.

Spoon likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I did understand that part about using it yourself and that you wanted to make it open for others. For example in Wizards Rest we will have 3 bankers strategically located throughout the town when our upgrade goes through. Now in a town situation that is quite a lot of convenience and we need even more? A few steps away and you are at the banker. Sure it will give reason to visit your lot which I know is nice since you are a terrific merchant but what about the town as a whole? I could be way off base here but this is just what thoughts I had. I only want what is best for the game and when I am wrong I just am. I have been before. My first thoughts on POT's was not good and I love them now after experiencing them, but if no one thinks about the pros and cons for the game to at least discuss then well yes we do that all the time but just sayin. So you could be seeing something I am not so carry on.

10. Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill Avatar

Yes please.

11. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

NPC Banker? Town Owners / Stewards are able to place one or more Banking NPCs
    LOT owners are also able to place such a NPC

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

They only work for you and those who are already on the lot.

I am suggesting they work for anyone who wants to use them.

I admire you for setting up your town so well.

Perhaps others would like to be able to share their banks with random passerbies though. Maybe you could ban remote banks from your town to prevent sharing, but let people in other towns have the option?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.