Returning Player House Lot Question

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by irotsoma, May 4, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irotsoma

irotsoma Avatar

I'm a returning founding player and looking for the best place to place a home. I never had the time to put into the game, but looking to start. I have a row house deed that I've never placed. I'm looking for somewhere I can put it that won't require me to spend a lot of money. One reason I never placed it is that it was either buy a lot in a player owned town for 100s of dollars real cash, or pay rent, of which I knew I wouldn't have since I'm a somewhat casual player. Is that still the case? Is there anywhere to place a row house for free or for a few thousand in game currency (either one time or via rent for a year or so)? I don't need to be in a great location. I'll do that once I decide I like the game enough to get that invested. But I'd just like to see it and use it, somewhere. It will definitely help get me more invested in the game if I have a place to call home.

Thanks!

2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There are literally a few hundred towns, both story towns, like Ardoris, or maybe one of the Brittany Alleys, and Player Owned Towns that have open housing, no charge to you.

You need to check the town crier to see where an open lot will be.

Again, if your first choice does not seem to have one, there will be a town near it that will.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

There are many NPC towns and POT towns with row house lot availability. Knowing what type of pledge or the exact name of your row house deed would help us know which way to steer you.

4. irotsoma

irotsoma Avatar

It's a Golden Row Home.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Come check out Snug Harbor or Journeys End

I got plenty of free available lots.

PM me Lazarus Long if ya have any questions.

Welcome Back

Laz

Echondas likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome to the game. Another option is Wizards Rest. We are a cozy little snowy Biome. Lots are free to claim with your deed. Just check around town. We have upgraded the town but it has not come in yet but there are still a few rows to claim. Here is a picture of the town. Lol well I need to get some new pics but anyway to give you a new idea. I'm Majoria in game if I can help. We are located behind Owlshead in Hidden Vale on the Cliff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Echondas, Amilyn and Time Lord like this.
  7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Time Lord and Echondas like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Psst... "this is where the Time Lord calls home" :rolleyes:
    ~Time Lord~:D

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They @DarkStarr made it easier to get housing and cut all tax rates in half they also increased the amount of time you can pre pay rent. Housing is easy to have now and maintain.
    Welcome back!

Echondas, Jaesun and Time Lord like this.
  10. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

What you have is a house. What you need is a property to put it on, for which you need a row lot deed or bigger.

If you own a row lot deed, just place it in a player owned town of your choice. If it is taxable (every lot deed that does not explicitly say "tax free" in the name is taxable), it will cost you 250 gold a day. You can pay that in advance for many months. Considering that just logging in and doing two mouse clicks at any Oracle Confirmatory in any town gives you 500 gold a day, the tax of 250 gold is really not much.

If you do not own a row lot deed, you can either buy one from another player (they are much cheaper nowadays than they used to be, tax free POT row lots can be found for 50 to 60 USD, taxed for half of that) or simply finish one of the starting areas (doable within few play hours) and get a free one as a quest reward. If you have previously finished Bloodriver Outskirts, Solace Bridge Outskirts, or Highvale Outskirts and talked to the respective main NPC, do so again. If you even finished the Oracle quest and got your Shroud of the Avatar, talk to the Oracle at any Confirmatory (not the big temple in Central Britanny) and you'll even get a free taxable village lot deed (you can put your row house on that, too, you'll simply have more outdoors decoration space then than if you put it on a row lot deed).

And if you forget to pay the taxes or simply are busy with RL or another game for a few months, don't fear. The worst thing that will happen is that your house and all that was in it go to your bank vault. You cannot actually lose things if you neglect your house.

Hope this helps.

Welcome back to SotA.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It sounded like the op said he/she was a founder with a row lot deed. If so we did not have taxed deeds coming with the pledge tiers, but maybe
    I did not understand. Anyway plenty of great people playing the game so I'm sure you'll soon find your way.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Amilyn

Amilyn Avatar

Hi Majoria, I'm fairly new to the game but have visited your town, it's fantastic - so much so I'd love to make it my home!

Time Lord likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@Amilyn
    Hello Amilyn. You are very welcome and thank you very much. I am coming in game as soon as my patching gets done. Send me a whisper. I'll be happy to meet you.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Redhammer

Redhammer Avatar

@irotsoma welcome back to Novia - just so you know, when you start the game you are placed on a quest (maybe different as of today) as you play the quest you will be advancing toward a Free (POT) player owned town deed... it is not "Tax Free" but they have reduced the cost per week to keep it going. That deed will allow you to secure a row lot in a player owned town... The game is loaded with them... Adventure as you will, when you get that deed and some gold you can select one of the POT's, you may need to contact the Mayor of that town to get a lot assigned...In some instances you do not...Once you get the deed, then pick a lot in a POT you can claim the lot. Once you have the lot you can pick your home style. Note the deed and the homes must be in your back pack not the bank in order to select lots and then select a home...once you claim the lot you will need to put taxes on the lot to keep it going. If you have a tax free deed you will not need to pay taxes.

Note: if you have a taxable row lot deed you may want to use Coto's in game to change that to a tax free lot deed... As a founder you may have gotten coto's with your account. They would be in your bank or if you look to the top right of your screen you will see a chest symbol. That will contain any unclaimed items. Unless you have a large number of bank slots you may with to look but don't removes a large number of the items. They are safe and don't require storage as long as you leave them in the box. Coto's changed some time back so check to see if you have any and how many you have...Expect to expend thousands to upgrade a deed to tax free... The exact number is determined by which upgrade you intend to make. You can see the options if you right mouse click a deed in your pack or bank.

PS if you have a "Golden Home" do not sell it without find out what it is worth. If it is one of the Golden homes given out to select investors it is work keeping and using or selling for a good price. I don't have a clue what they are worth but it is fairly each to find out in Universal Chat...do not give it away or sell it without finding out what it is worth...

Good luck and feel free to look me up in game...Dougan Redhammer is glad you are back :)

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Welcome to Wizards Rest @Amilyn , I think it's the most immersive place to live in all our world :)~Time Lord~

Redhammer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.