Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game won't launch from Steam. Win7x64 Sp1

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by mikeaw1101, May 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Hi guys,
    1. Title: Game won't launch.
    2. Repro rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: Yes
    4. I hope this is the right forum to post this. I haven't logged to the game in a couple of months so I'm not sure if it's release 65 specific or not, but when I launch the game through steam, it doesn't do anything. Steam says the app is started when I try to close (steam) out, but no matter how long I wait the game never starts. No black screen, nothing. When I open task manager, shroudoftheavatar.exe shows up in processes but nothing shows up under the applications tab.
    5. Launch Shroud from Steam in any mode (it worked fine before).
    6. User Specs: Win7 Ultimate Sp1 64 bit, 32Gb RAM, Intel I7-6800

Thank you!

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Try Verify Integrity (right click on the game). Probably a bad file.

3. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Thank you for the reply! I did try verifying the file integrity, and I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire game, still won't launch.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Does windows 7 even support DX11?

5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Windows 7 is actually the minimum:

WINDOWS

Minimum:
    • Processor: Quad Core 2.4 GHz or faster
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: DirectX 11 Compatible NVIDIA 960 / AMD 560
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection (Not required for Offline Mode)
    • Hard Drive: 22 GB available space
    The card needs to be DirectX 11 compatible.

Feeyo likes this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Try the official SotA launcher, it does have some benefits using the launcher.

Jaesun likes this.
  7. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

I'm in-game right now via Steam bringing up the game's launch window, so this seems like an issue on your computer's end, unfortunately. I'd echo Feeyo's advice to try the standalone launcher (though I'm curious what benefits it has over launching from Steam?) if it still isn't working.

8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

The official Launcher does not re-download the full game client after every update, updates are faster/smaller. :)

Amariithynar and Jaesun like this.
  9. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

Well, can't really agree with you on the faster updates part... I deleted my Steam install (which took like 5 minutes to install in full) to install the standalone, and not only did it require over double the space of the game files total (why does it need 50 GB to install?!) it's now patching from 0, because the installer was never updated, so it's having to patch from scratch. I started that three hours ago, and it's only at 13%.... EDIT: Unless something borked in the process, it's now 6 hours later, and only at 47%; it's said 0 kb/s for download the entire time, too. Think I'm going back to the Steam install. EDIT THE SECOND: Shut it down and restarted the process one last time to see if that might fix things, and suddenly I'm getting my usual download speeds (about 10 MB/s), so seems like either there was an issue with the routing to the download server when I initialized the install the first few times that has since been altered, or it decided to work this time for some reason that I'm unaware of (have not changed any settings, just restarted the process). It's already at 72%, about 5 minutes later from it being eternally stuck on 47% or so.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Sorry to hear that, then it seems OR your provider is capping bit torrent protocols OR your firewall/Modem is blocking something.

11. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

Nah, I've run torrents no problem, both before and after this. Wasn't having an issue with any other torrents (I checked; turned them off after they started DLing at normal rates to confirm). As the second edit shows, it just started working after restarting the launcher/patcher/installer again.

Feeyo likes this.
  12. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

Found a reason to stick to steam if you're a cheap bastard, or broke- posting on the forums is restricted unless you buy a 1$ minimum purchase from the store, or have the game via Steam. Made me decide if I liked the game enough to at least do that, so I finally went and bought the Universal Orb, hah!

Jaesun and Feeyo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.