Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Going into combat mode and switching decks puts you into cursor mode.[combined]

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by amarious, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarious

amarious Avatar

So the issue with the reticle mode not being restored after looting a corpse is sort of fixed..but not the same as before and possibly just as annoying.

But now! Going into combat and switching decks put me into cursor mode! This means that when I'm running and switch into combat or switch decks I can no longer turn my camera just by moving my mouse which also means that I can no longer turn left or right, I can only go forward.

So, imagine this.

You're in a pvp zone killin' mobs. You get a little bit complacent and don't anticipate an attack. You just finished looting a mob and or going into combat mode/switching decks when all of a sudden you're being attacked! But instead of being able to move the mouse in the direction you want to go you see a very annoying cursor on your screen and you don't turn right like you thought you would but instead, you run into the wall and die from your assailant.

This happened to me the other night. I haven't been logging in much lately and now that I'm put into cursor mode when I'm switching a deck or going into combat mode I'm way less inclined to log in or go to a pvp zone.

I can accept getting killed by my own faults, but when there's faulty mechanics or something out of my control I tend to get a tad heated over the situation.

This is a major blocker for me. It seems that I might be just about the only person this impacts. This impacts how I move my character..the same mechanics that I've had been playing with since persistence until today.

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Agreed. It is quite painful. Before this release I wouldn't go into cursor mode unless I pushed Tab and wouldn't come out of cursor mode unless I pressed Tab. Now it is seemingly random what brings it up - Inventory, Paperdoll, Chatting, Entering/Exiting combat, etc. I find myself pressing Tab VERY often to exit cursor mode even though I never pushed Tab to enter it. If I didn't push Tab to enter cursor mode, why am I in cursor mode???

3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Entering combat is the worst one. Enter combat with z... cursor mode begins.

amarious and Chrystoph Reis like this.
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Okay I thought it was just me... yeah sucks badly.

Sara Dreygon and amarious like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

LOL, I've been dealing with a similar problem for years! On Linux, if you use the right mouse button for mouselook, the cursor reappears whenever a window opens or closes or the combat hotbar appears/disappears.

6. amarious

amarious Avatar

Ack, that sounds terrible!

Barugon and Sara Dreygon like this.
  7. amarious

amarious Avatar

@Lord Subtleton

Issue #64665 is still relevant.

The problem is not fixed but the time that the cursor appears has been lessened a great deal vs how it was..which was that the cursor never appeared to begin with.

Also a new discovery...when I press ENTER I go into cursor mode. When I press Z to go into combat mode I go into cursor mode. When I press X to swap decks I go into cursor mode. This wasn't like this until 5/3/19.

I'm pressing TAB a ton now without knowing what mode I am actually in due to all these new changes. I'm pressing ENTER more now because it feels like I'm still typing in the chat window and trying to move and then typing into chat because I actually wasn't in chat it was just the cursor mode all along.

On the spectrum of tedium, this is a 12 out of 10.

I gave this a 2nd chance and I just tried out my normal hunting grounds. It feels like I'm playing in sloppy too much rum mode. While I did get a pvp kill this evening it was brutally difficult. I had to make sure both TAB and ENTER were good. Also, I've learned to use RIGHT CLICK to move forward while I'm struggling to figure out ENTER and TAB. I have to be able to face the right direction to attack my enemies. I don't want to have to learn how to move and how to do combat in this game again. Bad news bears man..bad news.

Chrystoph Reis and Sara Dreygon like this.
  8. golruul

golruul Avatar

Just to add to these, when in combat:
    • Having a skill gain a level (for me it was double slash) brings up cursor mode
    • Using certain skills (fireflies) also brings up cursor mode.

amarious likes this.
  9. amarious

amarious Avatar

lmfao oh man!!

Also just in! When you're in a party and someone loots a mob, cursor mode pops up! rofl...lmfao...lololololololol...

I'm running to the right! *someone loots something* Oh no! Now I'm running forward!

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  10. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Okay... the worst is when someone else from your party loots a mob, THIS brings up my cursor. Try killing things with your cursor popping on, off, on, off, on, off. Need a fix badly.

amarious likes this.
  11. golruul

golruul Avatar

Ideally the fix would make it so cursor mode never, ever pops up unless the user actually uses their key to do it.

amarious and Sara Dreygon like this.
  12. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Would be a novel approach. Currently I'm pulling my hair out.

amarious likes this.
  13. Chesterello

Chesterello Avatar

+1

I have too all of these problems

14. Asti

Asti Avatar

05/06/2019 10:08
    Title:Fizzle toggling mouse-look off
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?
    Details:While fighting, if I cast a glyph and it fizzles it toggles my mouse-look off.
    Steps to Reproduce: Cast glyphs until you fizzle
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16367
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6052
    SotA.Win.64.966.Date.05.03.19
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains02/Stag_Dragon_HiddenVale
    Area Display Name: Plains Encounter
    Loc: (-36.5, 32.1, 84.8)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX1BsYWluczAyfFN0YWdfRHJhZ29uX0hpZGRlblZhbGV8KC0zNi40OTQsIDMyLjE0NCwgODQuODM1KXwoMCwgLTAuNjAzLCAwLCAtMC43OTcpfC0zMDk2MC4wMnwyNi4wMjYyMnwxOA==

15. Asti

Asti Avatar

I also have all these problems, another to add to the list that I don't see mentioned here is if a glyph fizzles it toggles cursor mode.

amarious and Sara Dreygon like this.
  16. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

For the love of GOD patch this tomorrow... it's making melee combat PAINFUL! You guys have all these new people in game. If they experience this, you've wasted your time with the email campaign, because you will lose them.
    @Chris @DarkStarr

17. Vaslor

Vaslor Avatar

I deduced that whenever an action happens that causes output to one of the consoles (universe, zone, local) you will be thrown in cursor mode. This includes just walking in a zone and an exit gets marked on your compass or you discover a new location. Or if someone in your party levels up, anything that causes text to output. I turned off all my notifications in the tab settings and that reduces it a lot, but the other issues mentioned above still do it/.

This is a deal breaker. The game is almost unplayable right now.

18. amarious

amarious Avatar

@Chris @DarkStarr @Lord Subtleton

Heyoo my devs! Just wondering if there is a fix in mind for the very near future? I can only play as long as my mounting frustration allows me to.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  19. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Today I was with a group in UT. A noob was leveling and every time he leveled up, my cursor would pop up and I would have to press Tab. This, in addition to every time someone looted something and I was not having a good time. I was thinking about recording how many times my cursor popped up in 20 minutes but it is hard to distinguish one event from another... it was around 300 probably.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    amarious likes this.
  20. Chesterello

Chesterello Avatar

Why is our problem still not received a response from the developers? Why is the issues number not assigned?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.