Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] UI going into cursor mode automatically when using skills

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Arkah EMPstrike, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It's only doing it when i use skill OUT of combat, doesnt seem to be doing it in combat, and doesnt seem to be 100% consistant. it also automatically goes into cursor mode when i first enter combat

Also doing it when i hit enter to chat

05/03/2019 17:10
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 8107
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.Win.64.965.Date.05.03.19
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Ordinis Mortis
    Area Display Name: Ordinis Mortis
    Loc: (21.0, 36.0, -118.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE9yZGluaXMgTW9ydGlzfCgyMS4wMjksIDM2LjAyNSwgLTExOC45MTEpfCgwLCAtMC41NzQsIDAsIDAuODE5KXwtMTEyLjI2MDZ8MTQuNjU2NTd8NC43Mjc4NA==

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah, seems to be worse now, cursor pops up when I loot the cornucopias'.

I have to use Tab key to toggle the cursor off - it is set that way in my controls.

I am always in reticle mode.

I am also getting a cursor lock when I use ESC key to logoff/shutdown the game.

3. oneandonly

oneandonly Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

SOTA-64743

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Happens for me on occasion when I would open a modal window, like the menu for home ownership, or the main options interface. Note: I use cursor mode exclusively, and never use reticle mode.

For a while I thought it was accidentally mapping "CTRL + X" to reticle mode, as that would frequently cause it to switch (nearly 100% of the time, but not quite). Then I realized thats my key combo for swapping decks, so thats sort of like entering combat mode (as described above). This whole time I was playing with my homes, no actual combat :).

It was when I was examining my key commands for "CTRL + X" that I noticed opening up any menu occasionally switched to reticle mode. So swapping decks was going into reticle mode 90-99% of the time, and opening the options menu was going into reticle mode maybe 60% of the time (total guess on that number).

This part is interesting: my key combo for actual reticle/cursor mode was set to "ALT + E" (I probably customized that to something "out of the way" for myself).

Once I hit that key combo, the problem stopped. Once I hit my actual combo for toggling cursor/reticle mode, I no longer had problems with it accidentally toggling for other actions for that play session. I was trying to do things to get it to swap back to reticle unintentionally and could not - "CTRL + X" went from 100% of the time toggling reticle to 0% of the time, for example.

Then I crashed to desktop while trying to figure out more ways to accidentally evoke reticle mode, and find myself writing this post :).

Im gonna log back on and try and recreate the above again...

[Update - login after above CtD]

upon login, I was set to reticle mode (this is an error, I am cursor-mode only)

Opening menus toggled cursor/reticle mode at inconsistent rates. If i rapidly press the esc button, I'll get a useable cursor soon enough.

After pressing "ALT+ E" (my toggle cursor key combo), swapping decks caused cursor mode to toggle 0% of the time. I did it rapidly for a full minute, it never toggled after hitting my combo for toggle cursor/reticle.

I just quit and reloged and did the same thing. For the third time in a row, Im switched to reticle mode on login (an error), and using menus or opening combat or swapping decks often toggles reticle/cursor mode. Once I forcibly switch to cursor mode, it doesnt seem to come back. It stays in cursor mode (expected) when I open menus, toggle decks, or open combat.

Ill report back if it comes back, the above represents short play sessions.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.