Proposals for player made dungeons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

player made dungeons can be extremely expensive to make as well as a huge time sink I’d love for these to have viability other than just a deco space. I have a couple of suggestions and I’d love to hear other suggestions to help these become amazing for sota.

1) some drops that only drop in player made dungeons I also like the idea of stuff that only drop in portal made dungeons. A good reason to do both types is fantastic.

2) the option to put a requirement on a room to advance to the next room. I’d like something like all mobs dead before you could advance. Putting my own coto chest with a 1000 coto reward is totally something I’d do but is people can dbl stack speed and just rush to my loot chest the idea of player fundee dungeon won’t work.

3) I’d like some boss rooms with 1-3 mobs that have higher base tier levels.

4) it would be cool if the player dungeon owner recieved a small gold take from the looted mobs threw out the day. They could use those profits to improve the dungeon or create player made loot rewards in the dungeon.

@Chris @DarkStarr

Elay, Xee, Spoon and 3 others like this.
  2. Geaux

Geaux Avatar

Lions, tigers, and bears...oh my!

I love this idea...let folks that like to spend time on such things incentivise player retention by wowing players, and incentivise the players that made it happen...

I think there would always be concerns around exploiting things...but surely there should be a way to do something!

To start with, a "TRIPADVISOR" for dungeons would be cool. Perhaps ratings, or simply a tally of usage? Just a posting of points, tiers of totems, and types of totems in player dungeons, along with locations, WOULD BE AWESOME!

Elay, Ravalox and Fei Akhart like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

People have said this more than once, m curious in what way. As of now player dungeons are dialed back so far they are not competitive via loot or xp. With tp scrolls the travel to any dungeon is instantaneous where as a player made dungeon you have to travel to said town then run to dung location then zone in. Ut you can attenuate now in 10 mins player dungeons will never compete with that. Loot is dialed back to the point it actually costs you money to use them. If I as a dungeon creator put cotos in a trunk then each empty is a net loss for me even though another will gain.

4. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

This is something that is already planned with the key / access system. The idea is that you can have multiple methods of blocking progression until certain conditions are met.

I'm most looking forward to the custom quest NPCs, so that we can truly build our own stories.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

The dungeon owner should be buffed to BE the dungeon boss mob upon entering it. Allow a selection of monster heads to go with the buff.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Great news!!!!!!!!!!

7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Dungeons were not meant to compete with adventure zones. From the beginning Chris mentioned that. That was the reason that the original design called for loot and xp to be two levels below the equivalent mob in the adventure zone areas. And why essences weren’t supposed to drop in the dungeons. And why the kobolds were nerfed this last release. All of which indicate they still feel their original design is the goal.

Jaesun likes this.
  8. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

My thoughts on Dungeons: To keep those that will invest the time and resources something to do and give the Devs time to work on other things. It also rewards those farming the mats required for totems. All they need now is to start dropping skeletal essence. R/Boris/El Pirata

9. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yea and that explains the big fizzle sound we are hearing now. RG said they would need to be good for people to use them and he was right.

10. golruul

golruul Avatar

So as someone that hasn't been following dungeon stuff, what's the point of them?

Generally, in an MMO, there's three reasons for someone to run content: xp, loot, story/quest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like xp isn't even close to equivalent to non-dungeon areas while loot absolutely sucks from what I read on the feedback threads. There's no story/quest involving them, so that kills the third option. If players do put a story/quest in, the rewards come from the player's own coffers, so this isn't sustainable.

So what's the point?

11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They wanted player generated content, and there will be a npc quest system added at some point. They arnt competitive vrs the non player made stuff in the extreme you have UT people are hitting 9 min attenautions now. in r64 people where hitting 15-25 in player made dungeons in tier 2 totems but the higher class t3-t6 sometimes took an hour. Loot in 64 was pretty good now it’s marginal. If their intent was to open up players to make content that people will use regularly then the gap that is measured as compedativness needs to close.

If their intent is these are used a little bit a sink to the players that want to participate then the goal is achieved.

12. golruul

golruul Avatar

This seems decent enough. I'll have to try it out.

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

That was R64 u’ll need a time machine to hit that now :)

It was nerfed for R65 for being too close to npc dungeons.

14. golruul

golruul Avatar

Oh, great. Seems I'm late to the party again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.