Are sieges really down to 18 wood per siege?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Vladamir Begemot, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I think we avatars are currently simply too picky. :p
    We chop a tree of maybe 200 pounds but take just the best piece of wood we can find for 1 pound and the remaining 199 pounds of insufficient wood we dump.

Honestly I would suggest a change of materials and drops.

First of all enemies (aside of lumberjacks) should carry boards (maybe from time to time timber) instead of the raw wood. E.g. the engineers will most likely try to instantly fix the catapult with prepared material instead of losing time by creating the parts when they are needed…also there are no crafting stations in sieges or do the engineers have some unknown technics to craft without crafting stations?

Second I would suggest changing the weight of wood from 1 pound to at least 40 pounds and the weight of timber from 1 pound to at least 30 pounds to represent that these parts are made out of a trunk and not out of a small limb. For new avatars this might mean chopping 4 trees and they have to go back to town as they can barely move but they could sell this fast cut wood for a nice bag of gold even at NPCs.

Third I would change the recipes. E.g.
    1 Wood + 2 Creosote = 1 Timber and 0-20 wood scraps
    (at low level = high chance to just create wood scraps)

1 Timber + 1 Creosote = 10 Boards and some wood scraps
    (at low level it is more likely to create e.g. 5 Boards + 50 wood scraps, with a skill of 80 you normally get 10 boards and 20 wood scraps and with a skill of 120 you normally get 13 boards + 5 scraps)

10 Creosote + 100 Wood scraps = 10 Boards and wood scraps
    (at low level it is more likely to create e.g. 5 Boards + 50 wood scraps, with a skill of 80 you normally get 10 boards and 20 wood scraps and with a skill of 120 you normally get 13 boards + 5 scraps)

The boards and other refined parts could stay with 1 pound as we lose a lot of material/weight during the refinement.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Amariithynar and Time Lord like this.
  2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

18 wood per siege still seems pretty good to me considering that people can solo sieges in under 5 minutes and get a decent amount of adventure xp and other loot at the same time. That's the problem with having resources as common mob drops. Strong players can get more a lot more resources killing stuff than a dedicated gatherer can gathering.

I agree that forestry should have higher yields, but I think sieges are fine.

Spoon likes this.
  3. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

please dont think about "this is normal" or "this is fine" if you cant calculate.
    I have clear siege and this is suck, 10k gold per hour. man i can go any another lockation and farm x2 x3 more gold.

Siege will be fine if wood price up to 180+ per 1 (FINE!!! NOT GOOD)
    Good if price up to 250-260

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Now available in the add-on store, your own "F'ing Fairy Forest" :) Available in row, village, town or city lot sizes!
    *Must be tended and fertilized with dragon piss, kobalt sweat or scorpion spit to increase yield. Cost 50,000 crowns*
    [​IMG]
    Just kidding.....
    :D
    ~Time Lord~

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  5. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Nice kidding man!

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

I always found it silly that the best source of wood was killing engineers rather than cutting down trees. The solution now should be to increase yield when harvesting trees, by quite a bit.

7. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

I always found it silly that crafting weapon&armor best way to find best gear in game.....
    I spend time for kill boss, kill mob's and recive Art with price 500 gold with a chance 1.5% ......
    I Kill boss and recive Art bow with price 150 like regular bow......
    I always found it silly cab hood's i can't try make my own pattern to hood.....

Ask why this is all silly? because the chance to knock out an item is negligible. and it can get 3-15 players from all over the server. Any noob can craft the best equipment with out spend for this time just luck.

any another game "no luck only skill"
    SOTA "no skill only luck"

8. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Thought all the siege instances were public now, did that switch back?

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.

Senjut likes this.
  10. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Lol I was asking if it’s true because I run around with PvP flag on, and I DO go into deserted PvP areas lmao-

So if that’s the case, more things for my risky behavior. ;)

11. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Just remembered where I got the elf essences...Lost Vale, in the troll instance. Was just running in and doing the elves and then running out again for maybe 30 minutes total. Got 13 in that time. Guessing you can get a fair number in the cabalists instance in there too but not sure. But elf essence drops seemed better than everywhere else in the troll instance.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

I've had similar - less but similar - yields from Opalis as well. Sacreficing an essence before hand didn't do much to help.

But these are the hardest elves in the game. They should drop a little more often in my opinion.

Lich essences droped like candy. And I think that that was fine - after all, these totems are not easy to make.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Totally agree...and you can get kobold essences pretty easily as well, in places like the Kobold Expeditionary Camp. Hopefully they will make a change so we can similarly get 25-30 elf essences in a reasonable amount of time somewhere, just too rare right now.

P.S. Best spot for wood seems to be the reavers in Mysterious Swamp, at the moment. Godawful boring though.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Time Lord likes this.
  14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Gawd forbid they actually improve Forestry..... you know. The actual skill to get actual wood. And maybe perhaps address actual gathering wood in a scene.

But yeah, let’s just get wood from Lumberjack Cabalists...... ;)

Senjut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.