Blade of the Avatar Physical Book

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by High Baron O`Sullivan, Mar 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

[​IMG]

Blackghost, GivenUp and HoustonDragon like this.
  2. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

These are my favorites - when it is hinted that the problem is all the backers fault for putting in a bad address or not buying intl shipping...*voice trails off mentioned other reasons* (the boxes literally were not finished as stated last fall, leading to needing more signed items from LB; the boxes sit in Port's former office for months, and now in Chris' garage, only now finally getting shipped on occasion).

I will agree the collector's boxes are probably not a financial issue (unlike, say, the lack of a signed book, which I really do think they no longer have the money to print and send) - the shipping delay is due to a supreme lack of coordination by Port to get the boxes out, and because it is "not fun" to actually do this, they drag their feet and/or are skimping (they could have hired temps to ship these all out in a week and not leave it to the lead dev, who absolutely hates doing it)...

Amelli, HoustonDragon and Cordelayne like this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

That has nothing to do with not getting the rewards out, which is what the thread is about. If you want to talk about layoffs and SEC filings, that’s a different story. But it had or has nothing to do with thenrewars that were to be shipped in the boxes.

4. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I'm aware they have had to wait for Richard to sign additional items, and the initial discussion was why they don't have the novel out to folks. But the consideration that they lack the manpower and labor to handle the logistics, physically assembling/wrapping/packaging the boxes, and actually paying for the postage costs involved has certainly delayed and caused issues why people have not received their physical rewards to this point.

Worrying about whether or not they will be able to publish the PDF at this point pales in comparison to ensuring people get the actual box they paid for.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. maverick77

maverick77 Avatar

Honestly, Port should just promise that if verified backers buy the "Sword of Midras" and ship it to Port, they will get it signed and ship it back to the backer. It is not what they promised, but sometimes you have to minimize losses. If I had spent $500 on a pledge, but the physically signed book as important to me, I would cut my losses, spend $7 on a hard copy of the book and ship it to Port to get it signed and return shipped. Hell, I'd probably even pay the return shipping! That would seem like a reasonable compromise to me. Perhaps they can offer that to people that this was important to?

Edit: Then give store credit in the shipping and book amount.

HoustonDragon likes this.
  6. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

You want to track down a copy of the book, pay for it and shipping, and expect them to be able to keep track of that somehow AND actually get books signed one by one by Richard and Tracy?

Have you noticed how badly logistics at Port have gone thus far? No thanks, I want my book, it is important to me, but I am not going to pay more for the privilege. Whether people are vocal on this thread or not, they owe that book to everyone that pledged at that level. What you are suggesting again favors those who will bend over backwards to message Chris. We should not have to be doing that.

7. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

I'm sure @DarkStarr will have an update very soon. He knows how important this is to the KS backers and the press is actually writing articles about it. I'm surprised he hasn't responded yet, but I'm sure he is working on it day and night.

smack, Cordelayne and GivenUp like this.
  8. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Really? An update very soon? I hope you're right. Because Ive been asking since March 05 and we can't say that Darkstarr didn't see my post because he has deleted the thread, after 2 months.

MrBlight likes this.
  9. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

Im sure now that he has been tagged he will reply soon.

smack and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Leinad Laurelwreath

Leinad Laurelwreath Avatar

In one side i miss those times when developers gave feedback in the forums. On the other side they allow now qualified trolling, which is nice :cool:

Back to the topic, just in case Starr really reads this, what we ask is not a date estimate but what's the plan and why there's been no progress at all in 8 months

11. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Exactly, just a simple update about what's going on with the book.
    @DarkStarr @Lord British @Chris

12. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

We need to cut them a little slack. It’s time consuming moving into a new office and then immediately moving back out, putting tool tips on the expired rares to resale again, firing people, finding new consulting jobs, etc.

I know for a fact that fulfilling the KS promises is Port’s top priority. Theyve never done anything to make us believe otherwise.

All of these people whining just need to be patient while they get the book laid out so the art can be at the beginning of each chapter.

evillego6, Sentinel2 and Cordelayne like this.
  13. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

In all due respect, we're only asking for an update . Nothing else and we've been asking since March 05 and no answers so far, that's enough slack for me.
    What do we need to do to get an answer if they don't reply to any emails, direct conversation and threads ? It's doesn't cost anything to take 5-10 minutes and post an update, as this is part of the customer service.
    Also, I think we've been enough patient.. 2 month and one week without a single answer, that's what I call being patient.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Amelli and Cyin like this.
  14. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Eina may just be being cheeky about Starr’s dedication to this topic.

Can’t hurt to try being sarcastic, since asking nicely gets us nowhere.

Eina Stein, Blackghost and Cordelayne like this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Being sarcastic kinda does hurt actually when asking somone for something doesn't it? @Blackghost has done a pretty good job of keeping it real and on topic with his posts and still makes it obvious he is not happy about the book situation.

Blackghost likes this.
  16. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Oh.. then I will delete this comment. My apologies to Eina.

Cordelayne likes this.
  17. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Does it? This thread has been open for two months with nice requests. No response.

I predict the next time we get a (non) response is the next time MOP decides to write about it. Sad but true.

Amelli and Cordelayne like this.
  18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Im not saying being nice gets you a faster response, im just saying I don't agree forcing a response out of somebody for any reason should be considered a better alternative. It's understandable that you'd want to, but realistically its not a better idea. Black ghost's posts have been very repetitious but they've been pretty straightforward is all im sayin.

EDIT: Bullying wasn't the right word. More like forcing a response i guess? Point was just being straight forward is always better when looking for answers.

19. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

Been away for a few days. Did I miss the update?

20. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

[​IMG]

smack, GivenUp, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.