Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Southern Grunvald Barrens - Dragon ground attacks not hitting me

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Senjut, May 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

1. Title: Southern Grunvald Barrens - Dragon ground attacks not hitting me
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No but it's awfully easy to kill the black and red big dragons right now
    4. Details: Once you spawn the big red or black dragon, the only hits they are landing on me are the sky fire attack, and on the ground only the dragon air breath attack. Animations are happening for the tail sweep, etc., but they are never landing on me. Way easy to stand there and refresh my buffs, whale on him, etc, while standing right in front of him. Reported this to @Chris in his morning stream today, but thought I better bug it.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Just go fight them.
    6. User Specs: N/A

2. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

The trolls in the troll instance in Lost Vale are messed up too, a number of their attacks are just totally missing (the hand clap, hand swipe, some others). I was able to do that scene solo just now as a result (I can't normally without a great deal of difficulty, the four trolls is normally too much). Was happening with all the trolls, including the two elites at the end.

3. Fetid SirDidy

Fetid SirDidy Avatar

I noticed something odd with torc and ruined keep trolls as well, missed hits etc. although I didn’t try just standing there to confirm.

4. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

5. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

It's more than just that - the big dragons have 5 or 6 different attacks. Only one is ever landing on me. I've mostly stayed away from it because it feels clearly exploitative...just went back to check that it's still the same (it is). Also I think I figured out what the problem is, the area of effect of his attacks is too small. I stood right under his feet and got his tail swipe and something else to hit me. Couple feet back and nothing.

Kron Caledon likes this.
  6. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thank you for reporting! This is issue #64774.

7. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

Seems to be an issue with trolls in general. Killed the named one with nearly 3K HP in the zone with the Skull Orator who gives you the quest for the Geistseelen (his name starts with a U? Involved with the quest for the Minstrel that wants his horse Petunia back), and barely got touched. Same thing happens with the Underdweller Troll in Epitaph. The rock throw still connects (and hurts!) but a lot of the other attacks just seemed to not even be considered attacks or something, because there wasn't even a notification of avoidance/blocking.

8. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

This is resolved in build #978. If you see other occurrences of this issue, please repost.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.