Is it possible to get player vendor to move outside of a house?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kara Brae, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The player vendor belonging to our guild chapter house in Ardoris used to stand outside the house. I paid her a visit for the first time in ages and discovered her sitting on a chair in the house. It's ok for her to sit because her inventory apparently hasn't been updated for a while, but she should at least be outside where she can be seen.

I know I can pick her up and place her outside again, but when I did that once to a vendor over a year ago, the vendor's inventory lost the connections to the sellers. I think it even went to my bank. I definitely don't want all the stuff this vendor is selling to go to my bank. Has this been fixed? Can I pick up the vendor and place her somewhere else without her inventory being affected?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes you can, and you should put a chair next to her outside.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If they want to sit they will look for the closest sit-deco. If you want to keep them outside then take a stool/bench and place them on top of that.

By using a bench you sometimes can even get vendors in adjacent lots to come on over.

Yes you can pick it up without losing inventory. It will keep it all.

4. Lained

Lained Avatar

You can also store stocked vendors along with your home in the property manager and their stock will be preserved when you place the home back down.

Time Lord and Kara Brae like this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Your vendor is very unhappy and needs to be restocked at least every two weeks! Or you can put a stool behind where you want the vendor to stand. I try to do that with every vendor I place.

And this is pretty funny, really. I didn't think a vendor would go that far to find a chair. Emergent behavior.

I think they've fixed it so the problem is in the other direction. Now you can pick up the vendor, and all the items from other people are stuck in limbo until the vendor is placed again. I don't even think there's a way to forcibly remove an item now.

Wow, I want to see that. I think I even have a situation where I can try to make it happen.

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I noticed it in Ardoris. I placed a chair next to my vendor and pop suddenly someone was sitting in it, brown defaultvendor. Turns out the row house adjacent to mine has a vendor but has no other deco so when he needs to sit he wanders over to mine. Hehe. So I put a bench there so both can sit if need be.

7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's.... actually a nice gimmick ^^
    Possibly not intended but I hope it never gets fixed ^^

8. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

Ban the player from the property does it.

Jaesun and Elwyn like this.
  9. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

After reading the replies here saying it was ok to pick up and move the vendor and that I should place a chair or bench outside the house, I went back to carry out these actions.

To my surprise, the vendor was no longer sitting on a chair in the house. She was sitting on the ground outside of the house! And there was already a marble bench in front of the house which she ignores.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Moody vendors, what is next, moody outlanders? Oh wait...

I place them on top of the stool/bench.
    That way they come up a bit higher plus their pathfinding will always be for that stool/bench.

Kara Brae likes this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

seats have to be specifically flagged for vendors to be able to use them. they got most of them, but i've seen a few bugged and reported fixed. ...but i thought that grey marble bench worked already; oh, was it the crown store tan one?

12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Make sure too, the seating area is actually pointing the right way to sit (hint: try sitting in it yourself). Some stools look identical from front and back, other items as well like mushrooms... if the seating area is pointed at the wall of the house, noone can sit, not you or a vendor. Rotate the seat until you can comfortably sit!

13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

That is a good tip, but unfortunately not the reason for the bench not being used. It is placed correctly and I can sit on it.

I logged in again today in front of the house and once again the vendor was sitting on a chair in the house. I am going to try moving both the chair and the vendor outside. :)

Fister Magee likes this.
  14. rebbieforever

rebbieforever Avatar

Your Vendor is on Strike it seems, lol

Demands a better pay and less hours per day

Jokes aside i didnt know vendors need to sit

15. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Although the behavior isn't described in the "Player Vendor" section of the Player's Guide, to my knowledge player vendors whose inventories are either empty or haven't been updated in a long time sit down. This feature was added to make it easier for players to decide which vendors were worth clicking on.

By the way, today I checked up on the vendor again, and she was still sitting on the chair I had placed for her outside. Hooray! The next thing on my agenda is to update her inventory so that she will proudly stand. :)

Scanphor likes this.
  16. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

The condition I think is that if the newest item listed was listed more than 2 weeks ago, the vendor sits.

Kara Brae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.