Music Vendors in Aerie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WeirDave, Sep 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Okay so where did the music vendors go in Aerie? The map shows two of them and neither are where the map says they are located.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There is a music vendor in Wizards Rest in hidden vale behind owlshead. Contact Majoria for music too. I quite often just give songs away no charge anyway to share this wonderful experience with anyone.

We have a wonderful music system in this game thanks to a lotto player bringing it to us and the devs implementing it.

I can teach anyone how to sync music. If you are interested contact me in game. If I'm not in game send a mail message and I will contact you.

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

I suspect you are looking for the recipe for the recorder instrument or others. I too had a hard time finding it from the in game maps.

I know the wiki shows these 2 names:

Dasha Teelin Aerie
    Shandala Truesong Aerie

If I recall when I was looking for it I think they were in a tavern but I am not quite sure.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

IF you are looking for blank sheet music you need to make that its like 5 cotton thread and think 8 wood pulp.

Some songs can be found on book vendors if I recall like in etceter.

Then of course there are player made songs that are all over the place heheh I myself have like 3 shops and have done some videos on how you can do it yourself.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh thanks @Lace. I think I got the recorder instrument recipe at the carpenter building by the cow in a owlshead.

Now for the pipe organ. I'm excited to hear this new instrument ;)

Still asking for a horn too. :)

5. Lace

Lace Avatar

yes a bugle or trumpet would be grand!

I bought a pipe organ from the store. It is in Novia Market to the right of the Oracle there down that aisle on the left in a 4 story greenhouse storefront. No vendor there just stashing stuff to deco it as I can, but you can play the organ.

IT plays too high I feel, and a lot of things that sound great on lute or piano or grand piano sound bad. Classics like Beethoven, Greensleeves, RIde of the Valkaries, Take me out to the ballgame, and Chakira my hips don't lie sound okay, but most of my stuff does not sound very good on it.

I think they mentioned they were still tweaking the sound at least I hope so.

EDIT:
    The harpsichord also can be tinny sounding but I expect that, I expected the pipe organ to be more guttural or deep sounding. It's probably just me thinking of Captain Nemo.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I'll have to come and see it. I will probably buy an organ at the livestream on the 7th. Well it is kinda fun to have our music sound interesting depending on what instruments we play. We had 8 people playing dream a little dream one time and it was interestingly amazing ;)

I can try linking this, I love when the drums come in. This is an 8 part song. It had a sudden ending but oh well not sure why unless it was a time out.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/250106746

7. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Nice Mugly. I don't think I am such a perfefctionist tho. To some our rendition of Somebody to Love would not sound all that professional but truly it is a unique sound and fun to see what we come up with in our game. I almost like the unusualness of it especially if it sounds basically in tune and does not cut off too early. So I don't strive for perfection in our games music but of course if there are bugs we should and can report as we see them. To me it is fun to see what sounds we can come up with to compensate.

9. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

It's a pretty organ but I chose it for its ponderousness. Pipe organs should by ponderous, even lugubrious.

10. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

Was just looking for these vendors. Never did find them. The map and the wiki show them but they are not where they say they are.

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i just did see one in little xenos the last couple of days, but the dock one is mia.

12. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

That may be so but neither of the Aerie ones are where the map and wiki say they are. :(

13. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

npc locations on the map are not official data. they're leftover from when it was a personal player project (and really should be removed). the wiki is not an official source either, but you know that.

however, if shandala truesong can not be found anywhere in town, that's a bug.

Jaesun likes this.
  14. WeirDave

WeirDave Avatar

I could not find either: Dasha Teelin or Shandala Truesong

Removed?! No it's so helpful... I think they should just be update. ;)

15. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I once got rick rolled when purchasing a song from a player vendor. I thought I was getting classical music.

16. Drya

Drya Avatar

I found Dasha Teelin in Aerie at the book merchant's house across from the Dry Flagon Tavern. On the map the tavern is named and is SW of the Aerie Moongate. She was sleeping upstairs, but when I woke her she moved down and out to the front of the Books store. The book merchant is Jannine Fisher and the Tavern owner is Rosalee Armstong. This area is near the Southern entrance. Hope that helps. I was all over Aerie trying to find either Music Merchant.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.