Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Going into combat mode and switching decks puts you into cursor mode.[combined]

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by amarious, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneandonly

oneandonly Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

@Chrystoph Reis @golruul I cannot duplicate the cursor showing when fizzling. I have fixed it showing for chat messages as well as loot rolls.

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Same here - using ESC key causes a cursor lock bug -

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ses-cursor-lock-unable-to-move-cursor.155104/

amarious likes this.
  3. NOM4D

NOM4D Avatar

I have tried the setting reset to default along with many other suggested fixes with no success. The game is basically unplayable for me right now. I get frequent cursor issues no matter what mode I am playing in. Just went to UT I think my cursor toggled like 50+ times during the 25 mins run. I use normal mode the cross hair pops up. I use action mode the cursor pops up...It pops up so many times I am having a hard time figuring out what is triggering it. I am so close to losing my **** here...Comon Devs issue a fix :)...Clearly there is an issue effecting many players here. Prior to R65 I had no issue. I am willing to say its not me...This is a game bug and should be a priority... as its game breaking!!! I appreciate that you are trying, I really do, but I have not been able to play the game properly for weeks...Much love to the Dev team...I am anxiously awaiting a fix. Thank you in advance :)

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Datendrache and amarious like this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

05/13/2019 10:50
    Title:well having cursor up whispers to you triggers
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?yes
    Details:After testing a lot to see what maybe triggering the cursor when holding right mouse to look if someone whispers you it kicks up the cursor.
    Steps to Reproduce:hold right mouse down so you have cross hair and mouse look have someone whisper you.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 32653
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.970.Date.05.10.19
    Area: HiddenVale_Forest02_Tier5
    Area Display Name: Deep Ravenswood
    Loc: (-192.5, 29.3, -109.3)
    Debug: SGlkZGVuVmFsZV9Gb3Jlc3QwMl9UaWVyNXx8KC0xOTIuNDczLCAyOS4zMTQsIC0xMDkuMjY5KXwoMCwgMC45ODIsIDAsIDAuMTkpfC0xMDIwLjM1OXwyOC4yMTQwOHw4LjI4MzU2OQ==

Admiralloyd likes this.
  5. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

And if you loot and hold right mouse. Cursor put in middle game window
    Reproduction Rate:100%

6. NOM4D

NOM4D Avatar

Copied from the my thread posted last week on this issue. Still awaiting a fix :)

1. Title: Toggle Cursor Mode is Broken after Release 65 ?
    2. Reproduction Rate: Every time I cast a skill or do an action, or any chat message in chat/party pops up... it disengages Toggle cursor mode (Action Mode) The cross hair disappears and the cursor pops up in combat. I am currently forced to Hold down right mouse button to look and this is very hard on the hands. Please fix this ASAP its game breaking for many players that play in Action mode.
    3. Blocker? Yes the Toggle cursor doesn't work after using a skill or an action like mining a node. It worked previously to release 65 with no issue. Also toggles after drawing your weapon forcing you to toggle again to re engage action mode. Toggle cursor breaks when I get a whisper in chat, I am invited to a party, system message etc...pretty much any thing that pops into chat. Player levels up a skill all seem to disengage action mode and cursor pops out. Sometime I get the cursor and the cross hair at same time locking up my ability to look. When checking my mail both cursor and cross hair popped out locking my ability to look and had to hit esc, toggle cursor and click mailbox again.
    4. Details: Toggle Cursor Not working correctly after Release 65.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Assign Toggle Cursor to a hot key. Press corresponding Hot key to toggle cursor off and enter action mode. Cast a skill or buff on yourself while in combat in a party and with action mode on. Notice within seconds that your action mode is now toggled while in combat and you now are in cursor mode. This doesn't happen every time I try to reproduce its random when it toggles. But is definitely broken after release 65. I was in ruined Keep last night and this happened multiple times during combat when casting Glancing Blow, Fortify Defenses & Dash on myself. It also toggles off when you Sheathe/Draw your weapon. I have also noticed my action mode toggled to cursor mode while I am just standing still with weapon drawn. Then look up to see that my cursor is out and have to re toggle it. Currently I am not sure what is causing this but it seems to be tied to chat and skills atm...Could just be chat and coincidental that I am in combat and using skills at the same time...
    6. User Specs:
      OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
      Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
      OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
      System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
      System Model Z270X-Ultra Gaming
      System Type x64-based PC
      GPU Nvidia GTX 1080 8G
      Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
      RAM 16G G-Skill RGB Trident-Z

Last edited: May 6, 2019

7. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Made me rage quit and uninstalled last night!!

Admiralloyd likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Good luck getting this fixed. They broke mouselook on Linux (cursor appears when any UI element appears/disappears, even on other people's clients) when they implemented retical mode years back and they still haven't fixed it. They have ignored my complaints since.

9. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thanks for all the posts on this issue. We believe all parts of this issue are now resolved as of Build #973. If you are still seeing an issue, please re-post with the details.

Jaesun and Barugon like this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Awesome! Can you guys please fix the issue on Linux now?

amarious likes this.
  11. Chesterello

Chesterello Avatar

Thank you! It was clearly better. We will analyze.

12. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@oneandonly @Lord Subtleton i am still seeing this issue FYI :

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...versation-if-inventory-or-map-is-open.146692/

Also - I am seeing this behavior, which I think might be related:

05/15/2019 09:16
    Title: Pathfinding breaks cursor mode from enabling when talking to an NPC.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? YES
    Details:
    If the player is not in cursor mode and uses E on an NPC - if they need to "pathfind" to the NPC ( conversation closeups enabled) - the cursor is disabled during the pathfinding event of walking to the NPC - and then the cursor is enabled once pathfinding is complete. If the player subsequently without moving (and the NPC hasn't moved) uses E on the NPC - everything works. However, if you move slightly (not far enough away to pathfind) - the game will not open the mouse cursor at all, and you cannot use the mouse to interact.
    Steps to Reproduce: See above --- video here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dfmKmjhzqoUrRlHESzo5PRx1WLVN8UOP
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.973.Date.05.14.19
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Soltown
    Area Display Name: Soltown
    Loc: (-45.1, 27.3, 6.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9Tb2x0b3dufHwoLTQ1LjEzMiwgMjcuMjcxLCA2LjQ0Nil8KDAsIDAuNzQ5LCAwLCAwLjY2Myl8NDM5LjQ4MTN8NTMuMzUwMzh8Ny44Njg2Mjk=

amarious likes this.
  13. Admiralloyd

Admiralloyd Avatar

Not fixed

14. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Ok. I've added those two facets to this overall issue on to issue #64770.

Echondas and Jaesun like this.
  15. Echondas

hey @Lord Subtleton - still having major difficulties with the UI and not being able to enter cursor mode to click around in NPC conversations - in 978.

amarious likes this.
  16. amarious

amarious Avatar

So.. looting still brings up cursor mode for a fraction of a second and it causes me to not be able to move correctly after I've looted something. It has also caused me to miss the area I wanted to move into that would have given me cover and therefore I would have taken less damage from the fireball that hit me but instead killed me.

While most of the problems that have been personally plaguing me have been fixed there are still some left.

Oh, and going into Options mode by hitting ESC still freezes my cursor to the middle of the screen. I hit ESC thinking I'm going to be able to select an option but instead, nothing happens, I have to hit ESC again to get out of it and then hit ESC to go back into in hopes that I'll be able to select an option.
    Edit: It's exactly what happens in Echondas's video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dfmKmjhzqoUrRlHESzo5PRx1WLVN8UOP/view

Arya Stoneheart and Echondas like this.
  17. amarious

amarious Avatar

Also, @Lord Subtleton from the sounds of it this kind of thing has been happening to @Barugon for over a year on Linux, I would have quit if it lasted for more then a month..sounds like a really dedicated guy or possibly a masochist ;)

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It started when reticle mode was implemented, which was long before persistence.

amarious likes this.
  19. golruul

golruul Avatar

When I'm not in cursor mode, if I hit 'e' on an unclaimed, reserved row lot stone to check it out, the mouse cursor comes up and is stuck in the center position. I cannot move it. I have to 'esc' out.

I had 100% repro in Verat Chaos POT near the shrines. Normal claimed row lots were fine (as in didn't bring up mouse cursor), but hitting 'e' to inspect an unclaimed, reserved row lot brought up the stuck mouse cursor.

20. Echondas

Thanks everyone for reporting this - I think with all the info we’ve provided the devs have a lot to look at now to for this bug. I sent a private video too after doing a clean/fresh install and detailing my options menu settings to hopefully narrow this down.

Arya Stoneheart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.