Business and financial specculations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forum Name, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Chris is now the CEO of Portalarium, according to places that shall not be named.

Time Lord, Amelli, arcdevil and 2 others like this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Please don't quote stuff from reddit as if it is anything other than a bunch of trolls speculating on how to hurt the project. This is not true but now I have multiple website asking me about it.

Elnoth, Barugon, Jaesun and 10 others like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Gratulations to your promotion! *jumps for cover* :D:D

GivenUp likes this.
  4. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

Apologies, I will save my congratulations as well then (*ducks like Earl*). But that place that shall not be named (reddit, since you named it) has the information coming from a Texas state government website registry. Of course there could be background missing, but literally an official registry has your name listed as CEO of Portalarium, a registry that can only be updated by Port (i.e., someone listed you, and it wasn't reddit trolls).

Gia2, Jens_T and Amelli like this.
  5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Honestly I could careless who the ceo/cfo is heck Daffy Duck would be fine. Just give me a great game and tons of players.

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

True story. I can't be bothred as well.

amarious likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Ah... apparently, there is some public record in Texas that shows me as CEO. YAH BABY, Go me! :p Seriously though, this is pointless paperwork pushing stuff that is meaningless. How meaningless? I didn't even know I was the CEO on paper somewhere.

For corporations, the board of directors controls 100% of the power and I'm not on the board. Richard, Starr, and several others are on the board. On paper the official CEO was Dallas who retired last year. As the only other official officer at the company, my name probably just got moved over.

This feels very much like the story last year that Richard removed "President" from his name on the website and people had a cow. Most people learn all they know about business structures from TV so I get it but at a small company, titles are meaningless. Also, as a corporation, the board is all that matters and they have complete control.

@Fungus44 I'm currently blocked from shipping because I need to get some more signed maps. Richard signed them but I haven't been able to get them back yet. I will get rolling on shipping again as soon as I get those.

8. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Chris's response in the e-mail thread

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Seems like they have the websites on a drama email list.

We have some dedicated haters!

I keep suggesting they get some positive things to do with their life, but most of them insist that trolling is better.

Astirian, Scanphor, Jaesun and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.