Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Waves in Vrul room (Solania) continue to respawn during Vrul fight

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Cora Cuz'avich, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I like the new waves-before-boss mechanic, but the waves continue spawning during the fight with Vrul. I don't think it's a reset, because instead of elves (the first wave) it's elite skeletons.

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the post. Added issue #64773 for review. This may be by-design. Any other details about that encounter that make this an un-fun experience may be helpful to the design team.

3. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I know waves can repeat if you defeat them quickly, but it took me quite a bit to take out those elite skellies, so I don't think that was it. Though, I want to go back now and see what happens if I get to Vrul, then back off. If Vrul starts beating on the skellies, at least I'll get a good laugh out of it.

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ha! That's exactly what happened. This time, I only got two waves before Vrul- the elves, then the elite skeletons. (First time, I got the elves, then two waves of elite skeletons before Vrul.) I waited outside the room, and after a few minutes, another wave of skeletons spawned, and began fighting with Vrul. @Lord Subtleton

[Edit] After Vrul killed them all, another wave appeared a minute or two later.

Amariithynar and Jaesun like this.
  5. Nubby

Nubby Avatar

Just tried Vrul in same place, first fight went normal, but after instead of the first wave respawning two skeletons spawn and no more waves after that. Have to leave and use a new key to get the respawns again. This happened to us twice.

05/17/2019 15:52
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 8078
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU RAM: 2988
    SotA.Win.64.978.Date.05.17.19
    Area: Solania Catacombs
    Area Display Name: Solania Catacombs
    Loc: (40.3, 0.0, -55.2)
    Debug: U29sYW5pYSBDYXRhY29tYnN8fCg0MC4zMDUsIDAuMDA4LCAtNTUuMjA4KXwoMCwgMC42ODIsIDAsIC0wLjczMSl8MTEyLjk0NzZ8LTIuMDAyMjA1fDQuODg3OTcx

6. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

Since a patch yesterday the Encounter is no longer respawning after the first completion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.